Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahahahahaha wrong.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The O is getting better every week as the OL gets healthier and we saw in the 2nd half the return of our D. It's amazing who much better the playcalls look when our guys execute. It sure helps having an OL again.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I actually didn't think the OL played a great game. I'll be re-watching the game this week to see if my perception is validated. It looked like Sanchez was being chased a lot yesterday.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I know we are all giddy about the game the offense had yesterday, I for one see it for what it is, one game that's it.

IMO you guys saw a game plan that was influenced by Callahan, it's no coincidence that Rex calls an offensive meeting and we see a totally different offense, that primarily used the 3 receiver set, Callahan loved this formation when he was with the Raiders.

1 It makes it easier to identify the safety's responsibility.

2 It pulls the LB away from the LOS

3 It allows for 7 guys to stay in and block if blitz is on, which in turn allows QB to find one on one and go downfield setting up possible PI calls against the defense

4 Makes it easier to run the ball around the edge and make positive yardage.

I will give BS the credit for calling this game, don't think for a minute that this game plan was not influenced by BC.

Again just my opinion.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The OL did a good job of run blocking and springing Greene. That opens up passing lanes and enabled the Jets to have some good drives which keeps the D Fresh.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They have been going with 3 WR's for most of the season.

Early in yesterday's game I actually saw them use 2 TE's

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Most importantly there were holes to run through giving us a ground attack and setting up play action. The OL had a ton of penalties(they called that game ridiculously tight both ways) but it is certainly getting healthier and better.

Let me know what you find in the pass game.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We used a lot of 2 TE sets yesterday it it was very effective. We should do more of it I think Greene runs better without the fullback.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It seemed like there were a number of plays that Sanchez was pressured that SD ran a blitz on. I also hate to say it because I like many here am a fan of Connor, but he gave up too early on a block, and then we have to realize the Jet TE's are just not great pass blockers, so if we are talking exclusively about the OL, on the whole I thought they looked good.

10. Big Blocker

It's pure speculation on your part to say this was a game where Callahan should get the credit. I will give him credit for the improved play of the OL, although that is mostly attributable to Mangold's improved health. but then again Callahan also gets teh blame for the putrid OL play earlier this season.

I don't get the love for Callahan. Don't people know about his history?

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Big, I did not say he should get the credit, I gave the credit to BS for the game he called, however the constant deep routes out of the 3 receiver set is not something BS does a lot of, he does it occasionally, yesterday they were pulling the safety's and LB's away from the LOS all game, as a matter of fact I would say MS left a ton of yards on the field, if he had made better reads he would have 300 yards passing.

Also in my comment I said it was my opinion not a fact, however I base my opinion on the exact thing you encourage us to look at, his history.

When he was the coach of the Raiders, he had 3 receivers....Jerry Rice, Porter and Brown, he also had a solid OL and 2 of them were all pro, add to that 2 veteran RB's, and what were the results? The stats speak for themselves.

His 4-12 season was primarily due to injuries and players getting older, when he tried to fix the problem by making the team younger and skilled the players went to Al and as we know how Al operated he took the word of his star players over his coach.

In regards to his college career I don't take that into consideration, due to the fact that the skilled players are hard to come by and the dynamics for building a team is very difficult and different.

Keep in mind the Raiders weakness when he was their coach was their defense, if he had a DC the caliber of Rex who knows how it would have played out for him.

I also heard Simms say before the game started, the Jets have some problems on the offense but MS is not one of them, this tells me that there is something going on behind the scenes with this offense that we probably will never find out about that needs to be changed or adjusted, hopefully whatever it is, they fix it sooner than later.

My comments are always based on the big picture....no pun intended, this is only one game that BS called well, I made a statement before that this team won't win more than 6 games with this offense, a Leopard cannot change his spots BS will revert back to his old ways and we will be lighting this board after the next game because of his inconsistent offense.:up:

12. ........

........ Trolls

Bit of an off topic, but what happened to Tbird? I hope everything's all right and he'll be back soon.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Was he sick?

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Some of you guys really are pieces of work.

When everything goes wrong schotty was solely responsible for everything and should be fired. When things go right everyone else involved with the team did all the work. What the hell were all the guys you will bend over backwards to give credit doing the rest of this season?

15. Big Blocker

About Callahan, I concede there is room for some, just some, debate as between Callahan and Gruden who should get the most credit for the Raiders' success on O back then, but Gruden was not just the HC but also was from the offense coaching side, and clearly was an offensive minded coach. Callahan also to his credit got the Raiders to the SB, but from then on...

It was one of the sorriest SB appearances ever, followed by a year when Callahan got fired. How many HC's lose their jobs the year after going to the SB? He did. Blame Davis all you want, and players can be wrong. I still think the HC should be able to control his team, though. Callahan could not.

But that's mostly opinion. WHat is not an opinion is that he followed up the Raider situation by failing at Nebraska. That had nothing to do with Al Davis, NFL vets or anything like it. He could not manage a college program.

Here's a link to an ESPN story on Callahan getting fired at Nebraska. It ain't pretty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3125379

He clearly failed there by any measure.

One other point about Simms talking about Sanchez. Simms I like very much. He's astute, and one of the better football announcers. But I do think he tends to side with quarterbacks in general. Not all former Qb's do, but he does, it seems to me.

But I also think in listening to his comments he was talking about the lack of support Sanchez got from his receivers, particularly Burress before yesterday, the mediocre running game and poor pass protection from the OL. I didn't hear Simms even imply that there was some problem with the playcalling. After all I don't have any reason to think Simms is a homosexual, so why should he have complained about the playcalling?

16. Big Blocker

True. It's really shameless.

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Shitty called a good game yesterday. You are right; he deserves credit. The question for you and the rest of the board is how many times since Shitty has been here can we say that? For every good offensive gameplans there are probably 3-4 WTF ones and I'm probably being generous.

18. ukilledkenny

I have no issue with him getting shit for the bad.

That's wasn't the point, it was predictable that it would go in that direction though.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I gave Schitty a lot of credit in the game thread.. for the most part, the Jets O appeared to have a very good plan for a change, got off to a nice start (obviously not that fluke Keller play) and mixed it up well.

That being said, why did this only happen after a week in which Rex had to intervene, Rex had to talk individually to all the position coaches to address the offense, and Tom Moore had to be brought in to join the team?

20. ukilledkenny

Maybe Rex is finally starting to be more of a head coach and not just a really visible DC?

Rex's job has always been to do all of that stuff but he has chose to just let the offense be it's own entity. I don't see why it's a bad thing Rex is finally getting involved. It is a good thing and should continue no matter who the OC is in the future.