Brady vs. Manning

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by peytonmanning18, Jan 6, 2011.

1. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

He's the quarterback. Don't pretend that "more credit than he deserves" thing is exclusive to Brady.

In 2006, didn't Manning's defense basically carry him through to the Super Bowl, with the exception of the 1st half of the AFCCG against the Patriots? #18 is a great QB, one of the best of all time in my opinion, so don't get me wrong.

In general, QBs get more credit than they should when their teams win, and more blame than they should when their teams lose.

See a few posts up if you want a snapshot of Brady's non-Super Bowl accomplishments. He's a two-time MVP... that doesn't happen by mistake or by luck.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Coming from a Peyton Manning fan you are saying another QB gets more credit than he deserves? Seriously?:rofl::rofl:

Manning gets all the credit when they win and it's always someone elses fault when they lose.

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

brady is better but manning is very close

4. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

He can't overcome his teammates incompetence every time out.

5. nyjunc

I feel for peyton having to play w/ garbage like Harrison, Wayne, Addai, Clark, Edge, Faulk, Garcon, Collie,... He doesn't have the luxury of playing w/ stars like benJarvis Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead and all the great players NE has surrounded Brady w/. :rofl:

6. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

When you bought your Manning feetsie pajamas, did you get the kind with the butt-flap you can unbutton to take a poop?

7. peytonmanning18

The blue ones have a butt flap, the white ones just have a big shit stain on the butt.

8. peytonmanning18

Manning has made those guys. Troy Brown, David Patten, Deion Branch would be hall of famers if Manning had been throwing to them.

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Get em junc. You're an animal.

10. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Do you have to unbutton the flap when you squat to pee as well? :up:

11. Ganggreen123

Ganggreen123 New Member

Manning is better than brady

12. Wides

Wides Banned

Mannings neck brace is sexier than Bradys knee brace.

13. nyjunc

14. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I still think Manning is better by a smidgeon. Brady has had the benefit of working under one of the greatest HCs ever, while Manning has made average teams look dominant practically by himself. Tony Dungy is a fraud, he rode Monte Kiffin's genius in TB and rode Manning's coat-tails in Indy to a SB.

You take Brady off the Patriots and they go 10-6 (2008 - Or was it 11/5?). Proof of how sound the NE program is, while you take Manning off the Colts and we're seeing what they are like.

#335 Jake, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  16. nyjunc

Yep,. they have no talent. It was all Peyton. Never mind they'd likely be 1-2 if Collins didn't get hurt last night and were blown out week 1 at Hou a year ago but Peyton is the greatest.

17. nyjunc

NE was 16-0 in 2007
    Brady got hurt and they went 10-5 w/ Cassell as their starter

That is a HUGE difference, he also did it against a much easier sched and Cassell was in that system for years. Collins was just picked up weeks before the season and they'd be 1-2 if he didn't get knocked out last night.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Disagreed. It's not a huge difference, they probably wouldn't have went undefeated in 08 with TB. They went 11-5 without their most important player, proof of how solid that program is.

The Colts are nothing without P Manning.

I know you disagree. You hate P Manning and you've never lost an argument in your life, but the evidence is rolling in.

19. nyjunc

16 wins to 10 or 11 isn't huge? Take away 6 wins from us last year and we are 5-11- that's not huge? Not to mention NE didn't make the playoffs w/o him and Cassell has proven he can lead a team to the playoffs.

They scored 20 pts on the Pitt D last night w/ Collins an Painter and if Painter could hit a wide open Garcon they would have won the game. Manning has played w/ much more talent than Brady has ever had. Don't judge based on a 40+ yr old signed 3 weeks before the season vs. a young QB knowing the NE system and learning for years under Brady.

I am not a Manning fan but that doesn't mean I don't understand how great he is, I just know he is overrated based on all his choking when it matters most but he's still one of the best ever and an obvious HOF lock.

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Are you serious? Please don't tell me that you actually think Collins or Painter had anything to do with the 20 points they scored or that they were even close to winning. They had absolutely nothing to do with that game being close. If they won last night's game it would have been because of the defense and the inept offensive play by the Steelers.

Regarding the second bolded statement all I can refer to is your own words:

Seems like you are contradicting yourself.......again

And regarding Peyton being overrated, just look at how awful all that "talent" around him is when he's not there.

Regarding Cassell making the playoffs last year...um...who was his Offensive Coordinator last year? Does he still have that same OC this year? Is there a difference in how he is performing this year vs. last year?