Bradway and Bauer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GoldenShowers, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I didn't want him either, he was the true definatition of a workout warrior

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Demario Davis was drafted 2 picks after Russell Wilson so that doesn't mean much, Tanny wanted Hill in the 2nd so the only spot to get Wilson was in place of Hill who Tanny traded up for with Seattle, oh the irony

3. Lucas Hood

Lucas Hood New Member

Gholston had 21.5 career sacks at Ohio State, which ranks fifth in school history. I don't think he was necessarily a "workout warrior."

4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I would fire them both immediately. They look and sound clueless.

Bradway should have been canned about 10 years ago.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Several articles over the last couple years. D you not read any Jets news outside of ESPN?

6. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

For those who are hating on the pick, would you rather sit through another season of Mark Sanchez?

I agree with most that Smith was probably not worth a 1st rounder, nor worth the Jets trading up for him in the 2nd. But he fell to us, a team that needed a QB as much as an other team in the league. Taking a chance on him was the smart thing to do.

The absolute worst case scenario is that we wasted a 2nd round pick, which in the grand scheme of things, is not a big deal at all, as long as our 2013 first and third rounders pan out.

All we need Geno to do is be smart with the football. The Jets just need a game manager, someone who won't turn the ball over and can make a few plays here and there.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^David Garrard could fit that role for us in 2013, I hope he wins the camp battle. Geno can backup for a year or if Garrard sucks it up give em a shot. I dont want to see Sanchez under center.

#47 Jake, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

What proof do you have that Bradway "loved" Kaepernick? Anybody can put out any rumors after the draft or in this case, after Kaepernick has become a star.

The proof is in what actually goes down. He has presided over enough drafts and personnel moves over the years for us to definitively say he's a loser.

He traded up for Dewayne Robertson, drafted a kicker in the 2nd round, gave up a 1st rounder for Doug Jolley. End of story.

If Bradway knew anything about QBs, he would have acquired a franchise QB during the last 12 years and we would have been spared the embarrassment of Sancho buttfumbler.

#48 al_toon_88, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  9. Cons87

Cons87 New Member

This has been the first draft for Bauer, as Director of College Scouting....

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

right. and lets remember that the scouts dont make the pick. rex made the pick. and before him mangini made the pick. tannenbaum just carried their water. new sheriff in town. did you see the way he was looking at rex while rex babbled at hte press conference? I think rex overtalking really pissed him off.

11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

We took Sanchez because Woody, Tanny, and Rex were all impressed with him. While you may hate Sanchez or not, he has handled the NY media very well. Its takes a pretty thick skin and a shitload of self confidence to handle this media market. Geno Smith may very well be a better QB after some development but that doesn't mean his psyche won't break down after a bad game and a few Post or DN headlines tearing him apart.

I keep hearing this. Wig is supposed to be able to fix these issues. Maybe he can do a number on Sanchez as well.

I'm getting tired of seeing everyone trying to run Mark out on a rail. Rooting for your QB to fail isn't a sign of fan-dom, its a sign of idiocy. While I am in favor of the competition that Idzik is bringing I also think the best QB of the main 3 should be the stater - whether it be Mark, Garrard, or Geno.

12. jago

jago Active Member

hi i dont post often, but gotta say NOT everyone wanted VG.
    many knew it when he disappeared in that sugar bowl game he had bust
    written all over him.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Post more!

Glad someone replied. I didn't recall opposition here, but I certainly didn't hear any amongst the media and TV draft guys. Lucky for all of us, we had success while he was here - and on the sidelines.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

and yet since Bradway came here we have drafted very well overall and have had the best stretch of sustain d success in Jets history. Amazing how that works out, isn't it?