Brad Smith Free Agency...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dmarz45, Jul 26, 2011.

1. ezio713

ezio713 New Member

We have had some good B. Smith memories but I doubt he'll be a jet this season

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The biggest benefit of the Wildcat wasn't the Wildcat. It was the 1.5 minutes Sanchez stood on the sidelines talking to Shotty in the middle of a series while Brad got him another 1st down.

For a rookie/young QB, this was VERY helpful.

But as time marches on, and Nacho gains insight, confidence, and control of the team, these mini 'timeouts' in the midst of battle become less and less important.

3. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Smith wont be very expensive since he is nothing more than a KR. I think he is pretty much a lock to be back because he wont be expensive and fits the Jets better than any other team.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

This pretty much confirms my earlier post in this thread

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I promise not to look at your post and will go on record as saying I will give you $1000 bucks if it differs from mine.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Word

Filler

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Dexter Carter.

Hell, the Jets always have a good return man. Craig Yeast, Michael Bates, Leon Washington, Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Chad Morton, whoever Westhoff puts back there does great work.

Smith offers a lot of value on specials, not just returning. But he's a luxury we probably can't afford.

8. PercentageInPoint

PercentageInPoint New Member

I share the same sentiments with most here...Smith has earned himself a fatter paycheck but we just can't afford to make that kind of room for him. I'd really like to see Brad go somewhere and become a star, he deserves it. (Just hope it's not another woodhead story gone sour)

9. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

10. You forgot Kevin Williams!

Michael Bates was a good name drop though....gave me quite the chuckle

11. KitGebhardt

KitGebhardt New Member

I hope the Jets pull the trigger. There was a reason he got a scripted number of touches a game and it wasn't to calm Sanchez. There is a reason other teams are contacting this guy and it's not because he is a Westhoff roll player. He is a gifted athlete, smart, and will do ANYTHING to help his team win. How many players are there that play QB, RB, WR, KR, and all coverage teams? Let alone at a very high level. I would sure hate to face him on another roster! Especially as a Patriot!

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Smith has no reason to sign with the Jets and the Jets have no reason to keep Smith.

13. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

This and this.

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Yeah, who has a need for a guy that can catch the ball, throw the ball, run the ball and the return the ball?

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Dam two quotes in 5 minutes, I agree. I wish the guy all the luck provided he doesn't sign with somebody in th division. He has earned the money and he has always been a team guy even though he didn't want to play WR in the NFL he sucked it up and did his job. We won't be able to afford him and he deserves to get paid.

16. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

This.
    mormon fillah

17. Barry the Baptist

Honestly if he's gonna leave I wanna see him go to somebody like Detroit or St Louis. A place he's very unlikely to hurt us but will get some cash. Hell even Tampa would be a good place for him.

18. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I sure as shit don't want to see him in New England or Miami.....but he's just a KR, so, nobody will want him.

19. Barry the Baptist

There are so many teams that could use him, christ him in New England would be awful but I think he'd fit in with their "Patriot Way" bullshit because he is the total team first guy and he can win games (ie Bengals Thanksgiving Night Game) or make huge plays at important times and I know people will say the opening kickoff is meaningless but what he did in that Steelers game was save our season. We were in the dumps following that Miami shitfest and what he did was start a battle with a nuke instead of sending troops in. I still think we lose if he doesn't run that kickoff back.

I see that the Gfags are interested, that'd be good for him but I hate those fucks. He wouldn't even have to move if he went there. I think I read Chicago is as well. He's a Midwest guy so he'd be closer to family if he went there.

20. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Chicago is the team I see him linked to the most. I hope he goes there. I don't want to see him stay in our division.