BPA?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NFLDayspast, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So you double dip. Mix veteran talent with young talent. Robby has to come back, continuity is needed. Scherff and Wilfs will go a long way. Kelvin Beachum bring him back as well. Conklin is gonna cost way too much IMO.

Get the receiver in the 2nd round then focus on offensive line again and corner in the draft. Get some young legs in.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This is the correct answer
    Beachum
    Lewis/free agent/ draft pick
    Harrison/free agent/draft pick
    Scheriff
    Wirfs
    Robbie
    Jefferson
    Crowder
    Herndon/Griffin
    Bell=
    Lombardi or a at least a better offense

101GangGreen101 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yes indeed. Then you fix the left side the next year and you have a newly built line. This team has some weapons, they need another piece on the outside with a solid catch radius and stability.

This team can make the jump. Even Gase won't hold em back.

FJF likes this.
  4. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

In that draft you had Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Lamar Jackson. Teams were willing to part with a lot because they knew they would likely get one by trading up. This year you have one true prospect in Burrow. Tua has major injury concerns which leads to many questions. I have read many reports saying about half of NFL teams are not high on Herbert. It was a situation where a gm could give up more because there was not as much risk related to the players as this year.

5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Tua and Herbert will both go high. Team will give up picks for Tua and maybe even for Herbert. That's injury isn't very bad and if the progresses from what he was he will be successful. There are other qbs climbing some as well. But that doesn't change that to make it to a top 3 pick it costs more than to make it to a top 10. The price goes up especially coming for the 20s.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You don't like Jedrick Wills? That alone is good enough for me - I'd grab him in a NY minute if he were available at #11.

"There's a possibility the (Tua's) injuries are his (Jedrick Wills) fault."
    I'd watch college football in general and Alabama games in particular before blindly passing judgement on Wills (or any player for that matter).

Jedrick Wills had nothing to do with either Tua's high ankle sprain or his hip injury, that is unless you consider Wills throughly stoning his man on both occasions somehow caused Tua's injuries.

High ankle sprain (0:50 sec. mark). Top of screen: #74 Wills locking up his man.

Season-ending hip injury vs. Miss. St: Wills is the one who's stoning his man. Deonte Brown (RG) totally whiff on a blitzer forcing Tua from the pocket to Alex Letherwood's side (Leatherwood btw was the other OL doing his job while Tua was in the pocket):

7. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I believe if you actually read it instead of jumping to conclusions you would see that I said I didn't know and would have to watch tape. Not really sure why you would jump to conclusions. Also the other concern about him having to learn to play backwards was there. Add that to that until this year he wasn't considered a top pick. His pass blocking is ok.. not great... but ok. His run blocking is a bit better. He is not a must pick talent. There is a reason Thomas, Wirfs, and others were rated over him the last year. This year he made a push but still isn't a great pass pro. Just ok. Is he a top 11 pick, maybe, he has potential. What has happened with every maybe the jets have taken over the past 20 years? Thomas and Wirfs will be good in the nfl no matter who takes them or which side they have to play on. I think Biadasz, Lamb, and a few other will as well.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The above post is bruised ego horseshit. You originally said you "didn't like Wills there" and that he was just "ok" and then started aimlessly (and ignorantly) spitballing by bringing up Tua's injuries...while inferring that "someone (possibly Wills) is to blame." No, the above post is simply you taking umbrage, period. You then go on to say that you "didn't know and would have to watch tape" yet you then blurt out your own scouting impression of this "ok" prospect in the next breath. Well it would stand to reason that if you were already able to pass judgement on Wills that you'd know that Wills was not the reason Tua got hurt.

About your impressions of Wills: your "isn't a great pass pro"...."he has potential" comments on Wills are laughingly absurd. You should go back to having tete-a-tetes and sharing useless "likes" with your doppelgänger NCJetsfan; you're two of a kind whose posts are not about the subject at hand so much about how it relates to YOU, i.e. beginning every post post with "I this and I that." You two have hogged this draft section with nothing more than copy and paste name dropping; the same names that others were mentioning many, many moons ago. Kurt's gone and so am I. Go post some more "I, I, me, me" tosh for you two to read.

Wills is a beast.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.