Boyle being relased, Rypien next tackling dummy up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 5, 2023.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The problem is who actually made the decision. Saleh has now said in multiple press conferences that Zach gave them the best chance to win, from what we have seen that is true, so who actually made the decision to bench Zach? My feeling it was the fans and Woody told Saleh to bench him because of fan pressure.

I am not sure how you can coach in that environment.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t really get why there’s any confusion as to why they tried someone else out at QB. The Jets scored 3 offensive touchdowns in five games (fact).

One of them, the opposing team allowed us to score and save clock to try to win (Eagles).

Another one was a 3 yard pass that the runningback took to the house for 50 yards. It was the only play on the drive (Giants).

The last one was maybe our best drive of the year. We had 44 passing yards on the drive and 18 of them were by the punter (Bills).

We lost 3/5 of those games and 3/4 coming out of the bye week.

How in the world can you question trying to find a better option than the backup we were rolling with?

stinkyB and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

The thing I'm furious about is that they want us to believe that they thought he was the best option in the whole time. "Always". Every action they took points to the exact opposite. And I'm sick of having them blow smoke up all of our asses like that.

4. The_Darksider

The issue is is that he said he felt that, yesterday he said they always felt that, but they made him the third string quarterback which is basically telling him to fuck off, he's not going to play again. Now they go crawling back to him because Tim Boyle was a disaster, and never gave Simeon a real chance at all. 1/4 in the rain, with no preparation?

I wish I could figure out what their agenda was at this point, none of it makes any sense.

As for coaching in this environment, I agree. Saleh never really had a chance. He hasn't been great with what he could control, but he's basically been a firing line dummy for this team the entire season.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I do not think playing Boyle had anything to do with Zach not wanting to play. I do agree that these are the last 5 games he plays has a Jet.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They see Simeon every day in practice and know that he is not as good as Zach. I firmly believe the decision was Woody's. They win last week with Zach.

7. The_Darksider

I will never doubt anything when it comes to Woody. But I doubt that they felt he was that bad, or they wouldn't have dropped Zach to 3 and left him in there as the back up. Just doing that negates everything they ever said about Zach always being the guy.

They can't have it both ways.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They tried to have it both ways. Maybe some sort of a power struggle. Things we will never know. Zach will get a chance to revive his career on another team and The Jets will draft and ruin another young QB.

9. The_Darksider

They absolutely did. And after the fact, instead of just saying we made a mistake, they try and blow smoke up every single one of our asses.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone brought this up, but he was waived by the Rams to make room for Wentz. You know, the guy who begged JD to sign him, but JD opted for Simien. It's just such incompetence by the GM, it's not even funny. May be even worse than carrying Boyle for 3/4 of the season as a main back-up or starter. OK, not that bad, but still pretty bad.