Boyle being relased, Rypien next tackling dummy up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 5, 2023.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

So we talk about a practice squad QB who gets no real reps with the team, and you come back and quote me a situation where a WR incorrectly threw a STARTER under the bus and then rectified the situation by admitting his mistake.

Interesting.

I'll give you my plum for your fig.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

boyle or simian? both are on the active roster and getting reps each week. boyle has been getting reps with the 2s since week 1 in practice. the past 2 weeks simian has while boyle took reps with the 1s. my point is nobody watches more film then the players/coaches themselves do and lots of "inside" things happen people aren't privy too. the players/CS know more then we do but fans never want to believe that for some reason. probably because people "want to see for themselves" thankfully nowadays we have that ability due to technology where we didn't in the past but people refuse to use it and just want to stick on their original thoughts. a great example is the rams when the lost the SB with goff. all season mcvay had been hurrying up the offense so he could still communicate with goff and help him read the defense. and their offense ran well that way. in the SB bellichick countered it by calling 2 plays each play on defense and when the mic cut out the D would change to the 2nd play so goff had no help which led to them being shut out in the 1st half. they tried to adjust and only scored 3 points i the 2nd half and lost 13-3. we would never have been privy to that if it was the 1990SB. the tech is there.

if you want a funny way, i don't so no "tim mutha-fing boyle" shirts like we seen for white

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Not only that, but we only carried 2 QBs until the fan and media pressure forced them to put Siemian on the practice squad, so there's really ZERO reason for this signing.

REVISion, Ralebird and Borat like this.
  4. The_Darksider

White wasn't all the great either, he just has a great attitude and inspired guys. Boyle wasn't gonna inspire anyone.

And I was talking about Siemian.

5. GasedAndConfused

i do agree fans give white way more credit then he's earned. that 1st game based on the stats people gave him a bunch of goodwill and ignored almost everything after that

simian though has been in camp for months now and wasn't even able to take the backup spot from boyle. he's been the Qb2 the past 2 weeks. mind you he didn't get many in game snaps but they put him in at the end and he looked worse then boyle.
    lasy time he had any real playing time was against us last year with the bears and he was awful that game too and then in the offseason lost his roster spot to nathan peterman and was on his couch until we signed him after rodgers went down. IDK why people think he would magically be better because he looked serviceable 6 years ago.

Borat likes this.
  6. The_Darksider

Chances are he sucks balls, no question about it. But one quarter in bad weather and a terrible situation is not exactly the old college try.

But my biggest beef with this organization is the constant flip-flopping. You can't bench Zach, make him the third quarterback which essentially says fuck you, you're not playing, and then just simply go back to him like this. Have the conviction to stick with him no matter what, or simply bench him in a normal way and make him the second string guy that way it doesn't look like you threw him out and then dumpster dived to get him back. And if you are going to essentially redshirt him, then you should've given Siemian a little little bit more time to prove he also sucked. They didn't prove anything.

The team looks desperate and stupid. Desperation and stupidity do not go well together.

7. GasedAndConfused

I know it's not fair to judge him on 1 quarter. just judge on the past few years. nathan peterman is a meme for how bad he is and he beat out simian for a job. i think he has the highest int% all time but just watching him it's like every 3-4 throws he makes is right at a defender. we got to see him start last year against us and he was awful and we rolled the bears. it was the only win we had after the bye week too. we went 1-7 but we beat his team. we also seen him a couple years ago when he was here and didn't even last half a game. Not sure how anyone can think he's a viable option. wouldn't surprise me if rypien takes his number 2 job at some point in the next couple of weeks

I do agree with the flip flopping 100%. benching zach then bringing him back 2 weeks later was a dumb mistake. he should have never been benched. it seems like saleh is cracking right now and just trying to keep the heat down until next year. he looks beat up every game on the sidelines. no energy no nothing. he looks defeated in every conference like he's just over it right now.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. The_Darksider

This summarizes the entire season and how poorly this was all managed by the front office and the coaching staff in one sentence. He should never have been here, they should have never just caved in and brought him here as lip service. They are reaping what they sow now.

Borat and GasedAndConfused like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We cannot judge any of the QBs for their performance, they are merely “interim” QBs

10. GasedAndConfused

i mean there was no right answer after rodgers went down. it's like the old colts coach when he was asked why the number 2 QB gets no snaps and he said "if 18 (peyton manning) goes down, were fucked and we don't practice fucked" everyone here going into the season knew if rodgers went down we were fucked. the offense even with rodgers was iffy. the idea was he can make up enough to put up enough points and win since the D won't allow much. the way the season went if we could put up 20 a game (which would ranked 23rd so nothing even crazy and still below average) we'd more likely win then not. but then rodgers went down and everyone here did this when we sucked[​IMG]

11. The_Darksider

There's reality, and then there's perception. The reality was the Jets chances of going anywhere were shot. But they have to do better with the perception. They gave up. They made it clear that they gave up. It doesn't matter how bad of a choice some of these other guys that were still available were, you go out there and try and make the season work. Rolling with Zach Wilson was not that answer. Rolling with Tim Boyle as his back up was also not the answer.

12. GasedAndConfused

it's not giving up because you didn't sign an extra turd to put on your current turd sandwich. IDK why fans believe that good Qbs are out there waiting to be signed. it's just not realsitic. all good Qbs are rostered and starting. there aren't even enough good Qbs for every team to have 1, yet fans think we should have 3 or JD is an idiot. it's unreasonable. the only player that cold have been signed that would have actually been worth it was probably brady but I'm willing to bet he had 0 interest in joining the jets and un-retiring.

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

LOL

14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

His dad was good on the Redskins, and he can't be worst than the other trash we have at QB.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The messages are consistent. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words.

#155 Ralebird, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Are you sure he wanted Boyle and Turner? I only heard about Lazard and Cobb. Also OBJ when it came to WRs. Hack was before Rodgers, and Turner was actually with Hack in Denver.

17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Good points, and it's just further evidence they have no idea what they're doing. They're just throwing things against the wall and hoping something sticks.

It also feels like something like this doesn't happen if the GM and coach are on the same page. There's a rift brewing and this is just the latest of numerous signs.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mark Rypien was his uncle actually

Frenbar likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Whatever they decided was best for the team, they should've stuck with it. By not sticking with their plan they show that even they weren't 100% committed to it - and not just the QB, but quite possibly other aspects - OL, play calling, the backup QB position, etc.. No matter what line of work you're in, once you allow doubt about how you're doing your job creep in, you're done. Saleh is done, and maybe Douglas too.

As to the part I bolded, I wonder in their "plan" wasn't really to bench Zach beyond that 2nd half yanking where he was clearly struggling (even if there were other pieces that were contributing to that), but then when told him to get ready to start the next game was when he said "I don't think so", and that's when they had to scramble and elevate Boyle to QB#1. Because if they actually thought that Boyle (or Siemian) gave them a better chance to win than Zach, why have they suddenly changed their minds now? I don't think they did. I think Zach's push back on being jerked around put them in a bind. And yes, feel free to dump even more on Zach for this, but I think he responded to this team's bungling of his development in a very human way.

In any case, I think if given the chance to move on Zach will leap at it at this point.

20. The_Darksider

If your version is correct, then this is even more of a shit show than I thought. Which is saying a lot. I hope it's not true but this is the Jets.

Regardless of how it really happened, the fact that they are saying right now that they always knew he was the best option, just wanted to try and spark the offense, is obviously complete and utter horseshit, and they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to put that over on anybody who can think.

You don't demote a guy to third string, essentially assuring he can't play under any circumstances unless the other guys get hurt, and then say afterwards that you felt he was always your best option, it was only to provide a spark. If that was true even to any degree, they would have given Siemian more of a shot. I think they clearly saw what they needed to in Boyle, but one quarter without preparation is not enough to expect a spark, and I am offended that they would even try and pull that bullshit on us.

But again, this is the Jets.

#160 The_Darksider, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    Acad23 likes this.