Boycott Titans Gear

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 29, 2009.

?

Do the Jets wear the Titans Jerseys too often?

Poll closed May 9, 2009.
  1. No

48 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Yes

74 vote(s)
    60.7%
  1. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

They won't. The AFL uniforms will only appear in certain AFL vs. AFL match-ups like Pats vs. Bills.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/2905-afl-50th-anniversary-season-plans-unveiled

The 2009 NFL season marks the 50th Anniversary Season for the eight original American Football League teams. Plans to celebrate the 50th season of the AFL clubs were announced Tuesday at the NFL Annual Meeting in Dana Point, Calif.

The American Football League, which merged with the NFL in 1970, played its first season in 1960 with eight teams. The original eight AFL teams were the New York Jets (played as the Titans of New York), Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs (Dallas Texans), New England Patriots (Boston Patriots), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans (Houston Oilers).

The NFL will highlight the 50th anniversary during ?Legacy Games? throughout the 2009 season. During one home and one road game, the eight original AFL teams will meet head-to-head while wearing their chosen historic uniforms.

On Monday night, Sept. 14, ESPN will host a Monday Night Football doubleheader that will be part of the NFL?s celebration of the 50th anniversary season of the AFL. The four clubs competing that night began playing in the inaugural 1960 AFL season.

The first game (7 p.m. ET) will send the Buffalo Bills to Foxboro to visit the New England Patriots, the decade?s winningest team (102-42 since 2000). The MNF nightcap (10:15 p.m. ET) will be an AFC West battle as the Oakland Raiders host the three-time defending division champ San Diego Chargers.

In addition, the Bills will take on the Tennessee Titans in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio, on Sunday, Aug. 9. The game will be televised nationally by NBC at 8 p.m. ET.

The NFL and clubs are planning to celebrate the 50th Anniversary Season with numerous events this year.

NFL Network, NFL.com and NFL Films will commemorate this anniversary with unique content and programming highlighting the history of the AFL and the original eight teams.

A ?legacy? collection, featuring new retro-themed apparel and products, will be introduced this summer and will be available on NFLShop.com and at other retail locations. Among the merchandise offered will be hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets and pennants.

Game-worn jerseys and signed memorabilia will be auctioned at NFL Auctions throughout the season with the monies raised going to the NFL Player Care Foundation.

2. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Personally I love seeing the throwback jerseys. For many years, I've wanted to see them use the Titans uniforms during games.

3. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

OP...this thread needs a poll. Simple Yay or Nay on Titans Unis.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same - can you add a poll after the thread has been created?

5. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I don't know...I think so.

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I voted no, I hate the Titans uniforms. Once was fun and trivial, every year sucks. Might as well wear New Jersey Generals uniforms--they're about as relevant and actually played in Giants Stadium.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

Your vote and reasoning do not match.

8. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

I know it was announced before.

The Refs will also wear the throwbacks in these games

#48 wildthing202, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  9. Italian Seafood

They never do.

10. kall2

kall2 Banned

I like them. Bought 2 of them. I will do anything to get a win.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

buying a titans jersey help the jets win?

12. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I vote an emphatic YES! I completely agree with the OP. How many years is this gonna go on for? In 20 years are we still gonna be wearing the Titans unis 3 times a year? C'mon, it's enough already. I never saw the NY Titans play and the more time that goes by the less fans there will be that have. Personally I just think it slows down the process of the Jets coming into their own identity as a franchise.

I'm all for honoring the history of the league, but it's overboard at this point. If you like the gear, hey, we're all Jets fans, I'm not gonna knock anyone that's into it, but personally I have never and will never buy any NY Titans gear - it doesn't make sense to me. I bleed green and white, not blue and gold. Why do we need to relive history every single year?

Oh, and one other thing - I like the idea of all the fans coming to the game sporting the same colors. When you see, for example, a Chiefs game, the stands are pretty much solid red. That's how a home game should be. When I watch a Jets game, I want to see a sea of green in the stands, not a whole mishmosh of colors - it takes something away from the atmosphere.

Okay, that's all.

#52 Royce Parker, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  13. Italian Seafood

Now there's reasoning that doesn't match.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

thegangblueandgold.com

another one who voted no but describes how they think the Jets wear those jerseys too much.

strange. did I word the question wrong?

15. Italian Seafood

I think I answered you wrong, I voted to boycott. As in "no, don't wear that shit anymore."

16. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

My bad, I meat to say an emphatic YES!. You're wording made sense, I just mixed it up when typing.

17. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I like them

18. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

well you only have to see the blue and gold once this year...the other two games is white and gold!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! hopefully they can make me a white #4 Favre to match my blue one!!

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's the 50th anniversary of the Titans this year, I'm surprised they aren't wearing them even more.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm really surprised the voting is so close, my perception from reading this site was that a lot more people didn't want them to wear the jerseys so much. I guess I was wrong.