Bowles Just Doesn't Get It

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 28, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What you are claiming isn't factual. They weren't punished until they had been late on numerous occasions and Mo had skipped a pre-game walkthrough. They should have been spoken with the first time they were late and told not to let it happen again or there would be consequences. that obviously didn't happen. It also obviously didn't happen the 2nd time they were late.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So the first (or 2nd) time they were late, perhaps it was a warning shot, 3rd attempt they were benched? No one knows the full details, but what is factual is they did not get away with it. Let's see who shows up late this yr and if it affects the team. Everything that is being said here is pretty much opinionated outside of the fact that the players were actually punished for habitual tardiness.

3. NCJetsfan

Maybe. I truly wish we could get ALL the facts and details. Of course it's going to be opinionated when we don't have all the facts and details, and are left to speculate.

It doesn't sound to me like they were benched after the 3rd time. If that was the case, it should have been said that they had been late on several occasions. "Numerous" occasions sounds to me like it was at least 5-7 times, and quite possibly a good bit more than 5-7 times.

Hopefully, we will see no recurrences of that this season, but if we do, I think we can trace it back to what Bowles said and his overall attitude.

#143 NCJetsfan, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Better yet. hopefully we will see no more Bowels.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My Bowles in my house at least serve some purpose..

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I just think that Bowles doesn't give a shit about what he says to the media. It's just over blown and bears no indication on how he runs the team. There's plenty to hate about Bowles, but this whole thing is sensationalizing at it's worst, especially when we don't even know all the details about the 2 times he benched Wilkerson and the 1 time he benched Richardson. To me that showed Bowles does care, or he wouldn't have benched one of his best players in the 2015 Giants game, in an extremely important game to keep their playoff hopes alive. That takes balls.

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Anger and disgust are better emotions than apathy - any day-

We have apathy on the team, and it's spreading to the fans

That's the death blow to ANY business or franchise

(Look up apathy if u don't know what I'm saying)

rohirrim665 and same old jets like this.
  8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

being late once, you get a pass. anything after that, you get hammered.
    let's be clear. woody hired bowles, not mac.
    woody hired mac based on wolf and casserly's advise.
    but, who knows how many people were considered and approached only to say no to woody.
    at this point, if i don't see improvement from game one through the season, then fire bowles and let mac hire his own head coach.
    even if that means promoting the new oc and rolling the dice for a year or two. if that fails, fire both mac and the new hc.

short of bringing in a czar and woody turning over all football decisions to him, we won't see any success aftrewards.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have a funny feeling we already have our next HC on the roster. If John Morton is everything Sean Peyton says he is, he could take over for TB in 2018 depending on how well his unit adapts to the new system which of course, speaks to Morton's ability to teach and motivate players. Double if TB's defense shows no improvement while either Petty or Hack takes a quantum leap forward. I can definitely see Woody swapping out TB for Morton since he always hires guys without prior experience for HC.

Martin&theJETS and LAJet like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

That would be something. Work one year as an OC and then be promoted to HC. Morton may be smart enough and good enough to handle that, but I think that's expecting way too much of anyone, and would hope that doesn't happen. If Bowles is fired at the end of this season, I would prefer that the Jets hire an experienced HC and if Morton has a good-great season as OC in 2017, have that new HC keep Morton on as the OC for the forseeable future.

tomdeb, Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That would be wonderful, and in so doing we rid ourselves of our incompetent DC.

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Bowles was always a mentally weak clown so no suprise here. he doesnt have the chops or command the respect to be a head coach.

13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

We need to hand the HC job to someone and give them GM/president roles as well. its the only way we will attract anyone to the position

14. same old jets

same old jets Member

apathy is absolutely an appropriate term for the Jets this season...much worse than disgust or anger....and it's death to a franchise.....for the first time in ages I have zero excitement for the season.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I think Head Coach is a full time job, I'm not giving it to someone who thinks he needs more responsibilities to feed his ego or wallet.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Resurrecting this thread based on the amount of reps that have been given to Josh McCown. Why the hell are we giving a 38 year old, journeyman QB, who has won 2 games in the last like 3 years, more reps than young QB prospects (Hack Petty). It is asinine and ridiculous and if it continues, it will set this team back even further. 2017 is purely about seeing what our young QB's are, and how the rest of the younger roster players do. Giving McCown first team reps is taking away valuable reps from two players that actually need them.

BomberJet, tomdeb, FJF and 2 others like this.
  17. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I'm tired of Bowles press conferences. Yes I know the Marshall/Richardson back and forth is tiresome and the press pool the Jets have are real idiots. Sorry Todd, being communicative and engaging is part of being the head coach. Bowles says nothing, basically grunts and doesnt answer the questions, and projects this ridiculous "they have to show me something" mentality. Its in the Parcells/Belicheck mold, but those guys actually built Super Bowl caliber teams and earned the right to say screw you to the press. And even when they did that, you could still glean interesting statements or thoughts which made you confident in their ability. Bowles hasnt earned the right to be prickly, and he never says anything that indicates he has the capability to be a successful head coach or that he has a clue about turning this team around. Fans have to just trust that the lump standing at the podium magically transforms into some kind of engaging teacher and motivator of men.

Its August. Most coaches when interviewed are upbeat, optimistic, saying basically the same cliches we always hear. The season hasn't started yet and you can see Bowles is fed up and has no appetite for actually engaging the public. He acts defensive and put-off... and whenever I see that in someone with authority it means they either have something to hide (their talent level) or they have already thrown in the towel. What will he be like in October after a 4 game losing streak? Or when McCown goes down and the young QB's who could have been given valuable reps in August are playing on a simplified gameplan because they werent prepared properly?

Will Bowles even be the HC at that point?

tomdeb and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Anybody who announces over the offseason he has no problem with players being late for meetings ("not everyone has an alarm clock") has already lost the respect of even the rookies. Dumb shit.

NCJetsfan and grkmanga31 like this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

bowles is an idiot. New coach new Qb next year.

20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Bowles is completely disengaging and that act only works when you're winning football games and championships. Belichek would not last as long as he has if he wasn't winning. Bowles was tired of being asked questions about Sheldon but never reprimanded Sheldon, suspended him, or did anything that would instate some fear or obedience. Marshall isn't on this team anymore, Sheldon has spoken out about him 3 times, what's the point anymore? He sounds salty now and can't bury the hatchet.

I am unsure as to why McCown is getting the majority of first team reps. Is it because Bowles is coaching for his job? Are Bowles and Macc not on the same page? Right now, the difference between McCown and Hack is marginal. From all indications, McCown is the dink and dunk king....that won't work against other teams. Why not just give Hack and Petty more first team reps and figure out whether we need to draft a QB high in 2018. It's just a dysfunctional approach that I can't wrap my head around.

PulseJet, tomdeb and NCJetsfan like this.