Bowles afraid of team's motivation if he goes with Petty...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Nov 17, 2016.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Can you imagine that Fitzpatrick is named this weeks starter ? I say get the pitchforks out of the shed if this happens

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Looks like we are back to the same clown show

We keep losing we get a pick

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and we'll promptly go out and fuck that pick up drafting at a position we already have a surplus.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thank God this game was flexed out of primetime,,,,,,,,,,,public humiliation does not sit well with the villagers !

5. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Here's my thought....

I'm not really on the "let Petty start" bandwagon. I don't think he gives the Jets the best chance to win.
    The coaches don't think so either. Why would Bowles and Gainey send him out there with a game plan that will provide limited success. They see him in practice every day and they know what he can do and what he can't do. I have no problem with Fitzpatrick back out there. It won't be pretty, but at least Gainey will use more of the playbook.

Look, there's seven games left. There's a good chance the Jets won't make the playoffs.
    I've accepted that. But they could still finish above .500. After a wretched 10 games, it's the only goal the players have left. I know the fans want to see Petty or Hackenberg. But I think until the team is mathematically eliminated,why not go with the player who the team has confidence in to win a few more games.

I think if the Jets go with Petty the rest of the way,it's going to be seven games of what we saw last week.
    That's torture I can't bare. I think the players don't want to put the bodies on the line for a flawed game plan.
    I'd rather ride with Fitzpatrick for at least three games and see what happens. If by game 16, all hope is lost of finishing at or above .500, go with the kids.

If the argument is the better the Jets do, the worse the draft pick. As this year has shown, there is no guarantee a high draft choice will work. Evidence number one: Dak Prescott and Jared Goff.

Wouldnt be a hoot if he goes with Hackenberg this week? Other than preseason there isn't much tape on him and it will give Belicheck limited time to prepare. I just think if they throw Petty out there, it could get butt fumble bad. Belicheck makes the best quarterbacks look bad. I can imagine what he'd do to Petty.

6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Bowles reminds me too much a player rather than a coach. He cares about what the players want and that's all fine and dandy in certain situations but when you're concerned that some players would riot if you chose 1 QB or another is the epitome of a coach who really isn't a coach. There is literally no viable reasons to start Fitzpatrick. In fact, Fitzpatrick is having the worst statistical year of any post-Namath era QB in Jets history.

I dont care if Petty looks like dog shit in practice, under an extremely conservative game plan, Petty still played decently. I don't think anyone is expecting him to look like the next Brady, but what we need to do for the rest of the 2016 season is evaluate young talent at important positions. Petty needs to be evaluated because we need to know if he's starter or backup material. Aside from Fitz being the veteran with better relationships with team members, there is legitimately no reason to start him. He will not be back next season, starting him will just take meaningful starter experience away from younger and cheaper options.

I would even go as far as demoting Fitz to 3rd string and making him inactive on game days. Rather have hack take his practice reps and fix his mechanics.

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

This is a joke, right? Start Fitzpatrick at least three more games? Are you serious? He has the worst QB ranking in the entire NFL. The jets are out of the playoffs...we have not one, but two young QBs we should be looking at...Fitz has a noodle arm and has 0% chance of being ON the jets next year (if Mac has a brain). I think there may be a place for you on Todd "I'm in denial" Bowles' staff.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They are practicing this morning. I expect we'll have an announcement on the starter today sometime

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

"cant wait " ,,,lol

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Bowles just said Fitz is starting against Pats. Don't wait anymore. I need to find something else to do this Sunday.

tomdeb and BrowningNagle like this.
  12. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Fitz starting. The inmates are running the place.

tomdeb likes this.
  13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Breaking ---- Todd Bowles announced in post-practice press conference that Fitzpatrick is the starter

In response to a reporter that brought up the fact Jets will not be making playoffs, let's see what we have argument Bowles responded "I'm not into the other argument, I'm into winning ball games"

To me that screams I have to win games to keep my job. Frankly, I don't think he's coming back next year

xxedge72x and dogg like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

awesome. can't wait to see how Fitzpatrick looks sunday against NE.

(said no one ever)

15. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles is a fucking spineless coward

tomdeb and 94Abraham like this.
  16. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

Todd Bowles literally did the one thing that would make me not want to watch a Jets-Pats game.

And, not that it really matters, i will not be watching.

tomdeb likes this.
  17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I guess we now have the answer to whether Manish was full of it or not...

cmcm750203 and grkmanga31 like this.
  18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Todd wants to coach for wins instead of playing the young guys who might actually have a future on this team? Fine, let him.

And when he doesn't get those wins, he can wonder why he's looking for another defensive coordinator job

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I guess it's time to shift hopes from Petty to Hackenberg. They clearly don't believe in him whatsoever. A 4th round, 24 year old spread QB that some teams graded as an undrafted player didn't pan out. Shocking.

I think our chances are much higher with Hack, albeit still not very good.

FJF likes this.
  20. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

Jets coach Todd Bowles, explaining the QB decision, said his philosophy is you don't give away jobs, you have to take it. He said Ryan Fitzpatrick gives them the best chance to win.