Bowles afraid of team's motivation if he goes with Petty...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Nov 17, 2016.

1. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

This is insane... the team has already quit and this almost certainly calls for us to find a new coach. Unreal, the season is over and our coach is afraid to make a switch that may benefit the future... even if the jets win 6 games in a row there not making the playoffs and fitz wont be back. Bowles is the new idzik I guess.. impressive job hes doing

LV Coach and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If the article is indeed true then the Jets are worse off than I thought they were. Bowles preaches accountability yet he fails to enforce it. Any player who is unwilling to play because of Petty starting should be made inactive and subsequently cut or put on non-football IR. I'm tired of the player talk in the media about who should be signed, who should play, etc. They are not paid by Fitzpatrick, they are payed by the New York Jets. Bowles will get himself fired with how badly he has handled this entire situation

AarontheJet, chris5533 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Wait... so it was the media who broke Geno's jaw? And then the media orchestrated Fitz to have a career season, just so Geno wouldn't come back, am I getting it right?

Sec124DieHard and Red Menace like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That "logic" only makes sense IF it is indeed accurate. You're taking a huge leap in assuming that it is. No QB could have succeeded or looked good with the horrific game plan and play calling from this past Sunday. Many, if not most, young QBs need their coaches to show confidence in them and put them into a position to succeed, and not handcuff them by showing a lack of confidence and fear. They did to Petty what Rex did to Sanchez. In an interview following the game Petty said that he hopes in his next start that they'll allow him to wing it around. Bowles has consistently shown a preference for veterans over younger players and has consistently showed that he is a pussy, has no balls, and plays not to lose, rather than plays aggressively to win. That is evidence. You're basing your conclusions on an assumption that flies in the face of the facts and evidence that we do have (Bowles record to date in his coaching moves and philosophy and Petty's play in preseason).

Your assertion that a team should be a total meritocracy is assinine and would NEVER work. Coaches are paid to coach and lead, players are paid to do what the coaches tell them to. There's a good reason why the inmates don't run the asylum.

Your last sentence again shows your utter and total cluelessness and ignorance. Mac has no power over Bowles. They are equals and each reports to Woody. It's a he said (Mac) - she said (Bowles) situation with Woody the arbiter. It's a no-win situation for Mac, the team and for us.

NYJetsO12, LV Coach and grkmanga31 like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We have the most f'd up Org chart in the NFL.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

Exactly, but not according to Back in Queens earlier this season. I wonder where he is and what he'd think now.

AarontheJet likes this.
  7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Took the words right out my mouth.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

His source is Brandon Marshall. Hes the only clown stupid enough to support fitzpatrick because thats the only fucking person he throws to.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

RuJFan and nicg4360 like this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

No disrespect, but I think you may actually produce, pound for pound, the worst posts I've ever read on this board since Brick was drafted.

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Mehta is in bed with Fitz's agent. There never has been any doubt about that.

11. NCJetsfan

The feeling is mutual. I kept my response civil, but believe me, there's plenty of insults I wanted to hurl at you. Meritocracy BWAHAHAHAHAHA! What a clueless twit you are!

AarontheJet likes this.
  12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the image :mad:

hornblower likes this.
  13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Didn't know they could be less motivated.

Cman68 and Peebag like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

okay, well that was at least brief. That's a vast improvement for you. So you got that going for you. Which is nice.

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lol the media wanted Fitz to start? What the hell would the media care whether we started Geno or Fitz? Did the media cause Geno to stiff IK or IK to break his jaw? Did the media get the 2015 Jets off to a 4-1 start while Geno was on the mend? The media also wasn't missing minicamps to get Fitz signed this offseason - Marshall and Decker did.

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

TY very much... IMHO the HC lost this team during the KC game when he failed to pull Fitz and then compounded that with leaving Fitz in the following week after he threw two picks.... From there it has been down hill.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I always thought it was the COACH'S job to motivate players, regardless of who is playing QB, young or old. Todd Bowles could not/ does not motivate anyone (except the opposition), makes terrible in-game decisions, makes no halftime adjustment, stubbornly sticks with guys Parcells would have benched years ago, and CONSTANTLY monotones after every game "We have got to play better." The usual retort would be "YOU have got to coach better," but that assumes he does SOME coaching to begin with." Hello, 4-12 in 2016.

LV Coach and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. jets12

jets12 Active Member

This loser has to go ASAP.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There is ONE man who can solve this...

Woody Johnson.jpg

All that is missing is his stupid White Jets hat.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Rich Kotite?

tomdeb and Cman68 like this.