Boise State Oregon

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Mavericknyc1980, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Phyr

Phyr Member

I would be surprised if Blount got less than a two game suspension. He also went after a teammate holding him back and Boise State fans on his way out.

2. Glasgow Celtic

Glasgow Celtic New Member

Blue field goes against the grain!
    Hail hail!

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Any way you look at it...That kid went DOWN.

4. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I seriously disagree first off he was the only one to throw a punch so it isn't like the Miami/FIU with the number of people diluting the punishment, secondly he had to get held back by multiple people from going after the fans. He is going to get buried for this.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Come on LeGarrette Blount! Get suspended and drop your draft stock so we can nab you to replace Jones in the 3rd.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

First off it doesn't matter if it was one person or 100 hundred people like Miami/FIU. You don't get leniency because you're part of a mob throwing punches versus a single person throwing a single punch. The action is still the same in both incidents. Actually quite more severe in the Miami incident as guys could have gotten killed or gouged laying on the field. And even as severe as that melee was, 1 game suspensions were the protocol for the majority of participants involved.

You may stick out more if you're the only one involved but it doesn't make it any more or less severe than a previous incident that sets the precedent.

And furthermore, if you're going to dole out the punishment equitably then the guy from Boise should receive a 1 game suspension for inciting this. There would have been no incident if not for his actions.

7. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Obviously, Blount has a bright future ahead of him with the Eagles or the Raiders. :)

8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No what he did was worse while the brawl was awful it was basically just a disorderly fight, he threw a cheap shot, punched his own teammate and even went after the crowd what he did was much worse than what each one of the Miami/FIU did as an individual

9. JetsNation06

No you can't justify a brawl by saying that a cheap shot is any worse than 100 hundred guys punching and stomping on one another.

Just leave it at...they're both egregious violations and because there's a precedent here Blount's punishment should be somewhere in the ballpark of what those players' was.

10. JetsNation06

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4446898

Blount was just suspended for the entire season by Oregon. Just another example of how the media taints a punishment ie Plaxico and this.

If this game wasn't the featured game on national TV then there's no way he receieves this harsh of a suspension.

I guarantee you that if the Miami/FIU game a few years ago wasn't just on the Sunshine network or whatever regional cable network it was carried by, and was on primetime nationally on ESPN that all of the players involved would've gotten worse suspensions.

Yet because everyone across the country saw this last night the punishment becomes worse. The media has way too much influence in this country.

11. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

nope this was closer to Ron Artest's situation than the brawl, if he had just punched the guy your point would have been more accurate but the other crap that he did buried him as much as the punch did.

12. JetsNation06

Well it looks like Oregon jumped the gun and now there's a good chance Blount is going to get reinstated soon. As stated when it happened, this should have been the outcome all along. It's good to see they came to their senses even though they lose a little face after the fact.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4524682

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's bullshit.

The only reason they're doing this is because they have a better shot at the PAC-10 title with Blount.

The media is going to destroy them for this.

14. JetsNation06

Yeah, like I said Oregon definitely loses face and credibility on this one. And they obviously are a better team with Blount than without him. I'm just of the belief that everyone deserves a second chance and if you do the time (4 game suspension in his case) then you should be given another chance.

15. CMart28

CMart28 New Member

I think they should let him play but the timing is suspect.

16. retthib

retthib New Member

How can you say that? I think the timing is perfect. Oregon has won 3 straight games w/out Blount, so this shows they arent bringing him back because they are doing shitty now.

He should have been suspended indefinately so bringing him back wouldnt cause a stir. I didnt think he deserved a years suspension, he was provoked.

I think him going bezerk after the punch was worse than the punch.

But I agree, he would be a late round steal in next years draft.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No way they are better without him. They lost to one of the best teams in the country and they've won the rest of their games.