Blessuan Our Hearts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not even close... Pansyhill's started 6 games in Tennessee, all but 1 against teams with losing records

Pennington started 14 games including playoffs that year. He beat 6 teams with winning records, won a division title and a playoff game.

Pansyhill has dinked and dunked his way to a few wins, lets not get carried away. Lets at least see how he finishes his miracle season

FJF likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I agree you shouldn't compare it to 2002. But that saidhe is doing good. If he van keep it up its just more proof of the failure that is Gase and the Miami dolphins.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

To clarify, I didn't mean that 2019 Tannehill is playing as well as 2002 Pennington. I meant no Jets QB since 2002 Pennington has played as well as 2019 Tannehill (though you could make an argument for 2004 Pennington).

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well thats not sayin much haha

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Another strawman! Congratulations.

6. Ralebird

The entire Douglas/Gase relationship is pure speculation. We have no idea the workings of their current relationship. We have no idea if Douglas has any indebtedness to Gase for his hiring. And we certainly have no idea if Douglas would do anything to shirk his responsibility as General Manager in favor of any such indebtedness.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Do you have anything football to add? Ever? Or complaints about analyzing the past and trying to sound overly wise and philosophical is all you got?

8. J-Raw24

Name one player Gase has developed. One that wasn't better before gase or after gase... He's been head coach 4 years. Manning? Cutler? Darnold was better the end of last year than he is now... name one .. 4 years he's had.

#128 J-Raw24, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

I mean do you want me to list good players he's coached? And then you get to tell me it wasn't because of Gase?

Jarvis Landry had his career high in yardage and catches in back to back years with Gase. Jay Ajayi had the only season worth a damn of his career when Gase got there and made the Pro Bowl. Laremy Tunsil is a franchise left tackle that netted two first round picks. Kenyan Drake took over for Ajayi when he got moved and averaged 4.8 yards per carry in 2017. Kenny Stills had his second best season in his career under Gase.

Xavien Howard is one of the best corners in the league. Frank Gore has his best YPC since 2012 with Harbaugh's offense under Gase.

I don't know where he had this amazing talent pool to develop in Miami either. But he had some players that have up to now has their best years with him.

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

He's been pretty good with slot WR's, but utterly terrible with just about every other offensive position while offering nothing to the other phases or overall leadership.

So we've got Crowder going for us.......which is nice.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Can you stop putting words in other people's mouths? Why not just respond to what is written rather than making things up? Rather than just parroting statistics maybe you should start looking at the big picture.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  12. J-Raw24

Landry I will give you. Stills came from NO and was with one of the best QB to ever play the game. Tunsil was the best O line prospect in that draft maybe in many draft before that. He fell cause of stupidity. Ajayi was a product of a reaply good o line that was there when Gase walked in. Yes he had some help but most his help was because of the o line. Kenyan Drake had 644 yards in his best season with Gase, hardly superstat material. Gore was gore long before Gase came along. Howard still isn't anything above a solid number 2.

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you ignore the possibility that staying at #6, drafting josh allen and keeping those 3 second round picks could have still given us a qb and 3 offenisve linemen, or at least one guy , center, plus an edge rusher and cb ( who can start and cover).
    willing to bet that is what joe douglas would have done..

#133 mr nyjet, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  14. HomeoftheJets

There was also the possibility of staying at #6 and drafting Lamar Jackson (not that I knew what he would become). Or drafting Patrick Mahomes the year before. But I don't want to think of those things. :mad::mad::mad:

15. Jonathan_Vilma

If I present a statement or an argument for a certain point, I make sure that I can back it up with statistics and facts. That's what any reasonable person does in a debate.

Rather than just making blanket statements about nonsense and then trying to poke holes in the way people phrased something while sitting on a high horse of cliches.

If you want to talk about football and bring some facts to the table, let's do it. You bring absolutely nothing to the table in terms of football discussion. That's what this board is for.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Right. There it is.

So he's responsible for all of the bad and none of the good. Reasonable. Anything good that's happened on his NFL teams has been in spite of him and he's good at absolutely nothing.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you are right, so let us hope that joe douglas learned a lot while he worked for ozzie newsome.

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Ralebird

Good job. You actually made a post without making up something to argue about. That's what reasonable people do.

What facts do you bring in context? Your numbers mean nothing if you can't make them relative to your argument. I notice you named a cornerback up above as an accomplishment of Adam Gase. Really? Don't even type another word if you don't tell us what impact you believe Gase had in preparing Xavien Howard. He plays defense and was probably never in Gase's office! Gase probably still refers to him as "25" instead of by name.

Feel free to dwell in your stats, like that guy who bashed Namath here for years, I'll continue to analyze what I see and what I see now is the Jets coach proving precisely why I wanted nothing to do with him from before he was hired. Here's a stat for you: 4 Wins, 8 Losses. And that's against teams with a combined record of 64 - 80. You want some more facts? Take out the New England games and the Jets are 4 - 6 against teams with a combined record of 44 - 76! Those are numbers that are appropriate to this discussion, not a handful of Dolphins players out of over a hundred, not a list of quarterbacks going back twenty years.

19. HomeoftheJets

Hopefully more than Gase did when he coached Peyton Manning...

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm making stuff up? Go reread your last post. Please show me what I've made up.

I was asked what players he developed. I answered the question with what players became good players under his watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.