Blessuan Our Hearts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's about his ceiling but that's fine. He was a find for a 6th round pick and the Jets need to add more than one more CB. I'm hoping JD can pry Byron Jones away from Dallas - they are going to have several key FAs and most likely will have a new HC coming in. If the Jets were to sign a guy like Jones and re-sign Poole and say Maulet then there wouldn't be much of a need for a high draft pick to be used at CB in 2020. Rebuild the OL, get a WR, get an edge rusher or two ( including FA ) and roll with those CBs for now. I imagine JD would also add a second CB in FA more for depth purposes.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Gase’s history in Miami is irrelevant since the powers that he deemed him hire-able. No matter how much you want to use it , it doesn’t matter. He presented his resume and was hired. CJ isn’t going back to look at Miami now.
    As for wanting results now, boo fuckin hoo. We all do but if we had a roster that could bear results now we wouldn’t be looking forward to the new gms first off season. Probably wouldn’t be enduring the first year of gase either for that matter. I don’t know how this is going to work out. Maybe he ends up being better with better players, maybe Sam is so good he carries Gase, maybe he has a horrible 2nd year and gets canned. Two things give me some hope though, 1. I believe in Sam . I think he has the goods and 2-3 good offensive lineman completely changes the look of this team. 2. CJ is standing firm and letting this develop. It may turn out to not workout but it’s not ever going to change cycling through coaches as often as we have. It’s going to take some lean years to build a program and it’s going to take stones to stand up to the billboards and planes to see it through and not cave by firing coaches or going for the quick fix not sustainable wildcard threat every few years success.

Attackett and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What really makes me sick is that there were quite a few good FA CBs available the past two offseasons, we had the space to sign one, if not two of them, and except for Trumaine Johnson in 2018 and Poole this year, Mac totally passed. We possibly could have any two of Malcolm Butler, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Aaron Colvin, EJ Gaines, Bryce Callahan, Rashaan Melvin, Phillip Gaines, Steven Nelson, Bradley Roby, Ronald Darby, Darqueze Dennard, Kevin Johnson, and Eric Rowe just to name some of the ones who have been available.

mrjet80 likes this.
  4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Tons of possible free agent corners to pair with Austin. Maybe we can get one he can learn from. Then add at least one in the draft. Also would like to keep Poole and Maulet. The rest can go play for oakland

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

His time in Miami is irrelevant simply because he works here now?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Let's see a bit of that success of which you speak before we continue to allow losers to get so comfortable here.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nah let's cycle through coaches as quickly as possible if they don't win ten games immediately. That'll really help the players develop.

FJF likes this.
  7. J-Raw24

Gaze has had a lot more than a tear to figure out how to coach... bottom line is he can't coach. He's worse than dog shit and should have never been brought in.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Good point. Mike McCarthy would've had this team full of backups at 8-3 at a minimum.

FJF likes this.
  9. J-Raw24

The backups are partly his fault.. as head coach he can step up and tell everyone what he wanted in the draft and free agency... he sit there while macnuthugger screwed it up... after mac was fired he was interim gm... he did nothing.... as head coach it his job to over watch all aspect including strength and conditioning. He put mosely out there to early... as head coach its his job to adjust plays during game. He refuses. As head coach it his game plan... It has been horrid.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Oh please. So Maccagnan gets fired after the draft and free agency and Gase should've went and acquired Tyron Smith and DeAndre Hopkins to right the ship?

It's obvious he and Maccagnan were in a power struggle after Maccagnan fucked his fourth consecutive draft up. He didn't want Le'Veon Bell. Do you see why?

The strength and conditioning team is the same as it's always been. But that's Gase's fault?

FJF likes this.
  11. J-Raw24

Did you not notice the real gm try to get us o line help after he got here? Make move for corners? Yeah its gases fault. Did you not see gase put mosley back in whrn he wasn't 100%. Yeah gases fault. Did you not see gase run straight up the gut on every run play? Gases fault? Did you not see bell never get enough carries to really get moving? Gases fault. Ever wonder why Jay Ajayi was shopped out of Miami? Gase is to stupid to realize running opens up passing game.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah Jay Ajayi went on to have an excellent career. He's really been a great player behind the leagues best offensive line in Philadelphia.

The offensive line help that's been acquired has really paid dividends. I give him credit for trying. But Kalil was a disaster and Alex Lewis barely looks like an NFL starter. He traded a 6th round pick for a guy that hasn't played since week three.

FJF likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

HOTJ, I like you man, but if you are really gonna try and tell people that Ryan Pansyhill is good, I mean dude

14. J-Raw24

My point is Gase has done nothing to deserve his job. He's a hot bag of cow crap. He can't make play calls. Doesn't get along with the players everywhere he goes. And shouldn't be in the nfl at all. I lile Douglas so far. We will see what he has next year. But Gase can't find the door fast enough.

15. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I agree. Unless there is a sleeper CB we get, FA is a good way to go for CB. Just need to make sure our GM, unlike that moron McGanan, does his due dilligence on character (cough Tru Johnson) and signs a guy who enjoys the game.

mrjet80 likes this.
  16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You like Douglas? What do you think his thoughts are on if Gase should be brought back next year?

FJF likes this.
  17. J-Raw24

I like what he has said and shown thus far. Not going to say he's a keeper just yet. But I also think he may not be 100% sold on Gase. Why else hold out until you get a guaranteed long contract. If Gase fails he will be in on picking the next coach. I should say when Gase fails. He has tues with a lot of the up and coming coach candidates as well. The eagles assistant coach being one of them. Hopefully he knocks it out of the parj. But it started with free agency and the draft. He has to start nailing it even with Gase bungling everything up

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Did you really just ask why a GM with leverage would use his leverage to get a big contract?

It’s pretty clear Douglas came to the Jets due in large part to his relationship with Gase. There is nothing to suggest that has changed up to this point. I would also think that he is in favor of bringing him back next year again nothing suggesting otherwise.

Also not sure why you’d want anyone from the Eagles staff as they are up there with the Cowboys for biggest disappointments in the NFL this year and that Eagles team has been a disaster.

FJF likes this.
  19. J-Raw24

I wasn't asking why. I was stating a that he knew they wants him bad and he used his leverage to insure he will be here even after gase shits the bed, among other reasons. And at the beginning of the season I thought eagles would produce a few more hc candidates. Not now... obviously that whole division is garbage. But what I mean is Douglas is respected and has pull inside baltimore and philly. As well as chicago... Baltimore looks good but I'm not sure they have a good hc candidate that woukd fit sam or anything we have. College ranks could produce on as well. And the Harbaugh connection could bring us Jim. But he's not looking great recently either.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Depends on your definition of good, he certainly isn't great. But the last time a Jets QB played as well as Tannehill is currently playing, it was Pennington in 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.