Blessuan Austin practices

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Assuming it stays under control I kind of like his spunky attitude actually. He and Jamal seem to feed off each other, jump around, and get into it which is cool. Energy and enthusiasm is great.... making the ballsy assumption that it stays on the right side of the sportsmanship/appropriate behavior line.

I'm sure as better opponents come along he'll take a few lumps here and there and we'll have to stomach a few burnings while he learns but I love this kid so far. I watched a few interview videos with him last week and was impressed. I'm not saying I know talent like Mike does but he looks legit to me. And this at a position that the Jets are absolutely desperate for help at. I think at this point I'm officially a Bless Austin fan.

Mogriffjr and egelband like this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He’s a natural and I have high hopes for him...could he be that diamond in the rough??

MoWilkBeast and egelband like this.
  3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

At this point, as a rookie that's been injured most of the time, he looks way better than any other corner (Pool aside) who's suited up this season and probably last as well.

stinkyB, LAJet and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He started as a freshman and sophomore which means he would've been a four year starter if he didn't blow out his knees. The kid seems like he was on his way to being a baller and a much higher draft pick if not for the injuries.

If he and Shepherd are Maccagnan's final gifts then we can all feels Blessuaned by him.

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

He had 1st or 2nd round talent with a big injury risk. The 6th round is a great place for a high risk reward type player. Especially when you consider that any contribution by a 6th rounder makes the pick a successful pick. For example Charone Peak in the 7th round was a great pick and Cannon last year due to their ST contributions.

But, Austin could be so much more. I saw so many so called draft experts ding this pick and ask why. Even if the pick does not work out the high upside justifies the risk. He looked almost healthy at his pro day. If i recall he right he ran a 4.6. Austin is another reason to reject immediate expert draft grades.

While we need to draft guys to help STs like Cannon, Peake and Cashman (who the jets ranked as the number one st player in the draft)we also need to invest in risk/reward picks like Austin with the understanding that most will not work out. But taking risk/reward picks in round 3 like Edoga and polite concern me more. You have to be really sure you are getting a player with a premium draft pick to take a high risk guy there.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

BTW, he's from Queens.

stinkyB and BacktoQueens like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

don't forget foley and phillips. lots of late round gems. plus of course darnold and adams. imagine if SF took Q and we got bosa though?

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Or if we just took Josh Allen. Yannick Ngakoue might be expendable there because of it. I'd throw a boat load of money at him. He's easily one of the best edge rushers in the NFL.

NYJFOREVER, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah it's one of the rare cases that everyone on this board agreed allen should be the pick if bosa doesn't fall to us. and allen is having a great rookie season. he's competing with bosa for DROTY

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

#Jets Blessuan Austin finished with a 77.2 overall grade in Week 11 which was the highest on the teams' defense and the 11th best among cornerbacks. #TakeFlight

wewantsapp likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Championship!

12. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Mods please change thread title to Blessaun Austin Plays.

13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for health