Bills... Something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Oct 9, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hes not even running at all this year and honestly watch the guy play and you will realize the raw number stats you are citing are flawed. there has been dropped passes in those interceptions that aren't even his fault.

He is an improved passer than last season and if he had OBJ & Landry, he would be crushing it. thank God he doesn't because fuck the bills

BacktoQueens likes this.
  2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Just took a look at their schedule and they probably will do better than 5-6. Home games left....MIA, PHIL, WASH, DEN, BAL, NYJ. Road games left....CLEV, MIA, DAL, PITT, NE.

The games they should definitely win at home are...MIA, WASH, DEN, NYJ.
    The games they should win on the road are...MIA, PITT( Steelers are a mess now )
    PHIL, BAL will be tough home games but with their crowd they definitely have a good chance. I wouldn't even call it an upset if they beat BAL.
    CLEV on the road is tough but winnable as the Browns aren't living up to the hype.
    DAL and NE on the road will be tough and probable losses.

#22 GREG, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah at 4-1, its hard to miss the playoffs. they will probably make it since they still get Miami twice. It would be nice to knock them out though the final week of the season in Buffalo

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He's second in the league in rushing attempts behind Jackson and third in the league in rushing yards behind Jackson and Murray.

Also, he's had dropped passes go for interceptions, but he's had dropped interceptions too. Do you have evidence he's been particularly unlucky?

And yeah, if you gave him OBJ and Landry he'd be better. But I doubt he'd be crushing it. Especially considering if he were on the Browns he'd have a worse OL, and he wouldn't have a defense that bails him out.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Bills actually have a solid team. their defense is legit. on top of that morse is one of the top centers in the league (we really whiffed on that one) oliver is playing great for them as well. IIRC he's ranked top 10 for DTs in beating blocks so far this year. Allen has potential. he was always boom or bust but he needs to cut down on the turnovers and be more consistent. Really if they add a real RB, get WR help, and Allen progresses into a good QB they will be a legit team.

6. GasedAndConfused

IDK as i haven't looked but the best way to look at that is the PFF grades and ESPN TQBR both take those things into account so someone with a low QBR but a high TQBR and high PFF grade at QB is victim to being unlucky where they had a lot of picks that weren't actually their fault

7. GasedAndConfused

I feel bad for rosen. he couldn't be in a worse situation to start a career. 1 year on an awful arizona team, then traded to an even more awful miami team. hasn't had a chance to consistently play and get experiance and likely miami drafts tua so rosen will be on his 3rd team in as many years. And i'm not even sure who would trade for him as a starter either.

8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I could see the Redskins as a team who would be interested in Rosen. Unfortunately for him he would be going from one train wreck to another. Maybe Cincinnati if they want to move on from Dalton. The Chargers could be another as Rivers isn't getting any younger and Rosen could be groomed to takeover.

9. HomeoftheJets

PFF grades are behind a paywall, so I don't know Allen's grade. His total QBR is 27th out of 33.

10. GasedAndConfused

I don't see the skins because they drafted haskins. I don't see any teams with an older QB retiring either. and no teams who aren't committed to a QB. Rosen will be the 1st top 10 QB drafted who gets replaced 2 years in a row by a 1st overall pick QB and shipped off. it's pretty shitty

well that's not a good sign lol it seems to me allen has sanchez syndrome. he's winning thanks to a good supporting cast and making a good throw here and there, but not playing well overall

11. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

Honestly, at this point its all in the eye of the viewer to take away what they want. Has he made some terrible decisions? You bet! But thus far, hes made up for them each and every time save the Pats game. That said, he was well on his way but got knocked out. Tenn was his 16th game. So far, his season has been pretty similar to the Jets game in that there have been many long drives that should have resulted in points. For varying reasons, not all on him - they havent. He just completed his 6th 4th qtr winning drive. If he had been more careful, no doubt that stat wouldnt be the same. Has he screwed up and tried to play heroball? YUP. He was totally to hyped for the Pats game. But what is impressive is when the gane is on the line, he puts that behind him and does his thing which has been to get his team the points to win. The balls from last year that were totally off target have been absent. The longballs have also been absent. Once he hits on one of those and can use that to complement his shiny new completion % in the 60s then hopefully he will be on his way.
    The bad, each game he has played the O has left at least 2 tds on the field. Some are directly his fault. The good, everything thats happend has been though him and a direct result of his play.
    In other words, he hasnt just been along for the ride. He has been the reason for success as well as failures BUT those failures arent bc he cant cut it, or isnt grasping something - hes learning on the fly. Usually, this happens in the 2nd year when the teams record shows a little imporvment from being terribly lopsided the year before. In this instance, he has been able to oearn on the fly while winning. This league and its fans are so week to week. Last year it was a forgone conclusion Baker was a future HOFer and now people say he sucks. Someone in this thread, while being nice, actly called Allen overrated. Youd know better than I, but wasnt Sanchez essentially a game manager? For better or worse, that DEFINITELY isnt Allen. The team has asked him to try to win games passing and although there have been some bumps and hes still learning his way he has yet to let them down.
    When you arent invested, you dont have the personal feels so its easier to be objective but its also easier to be dismissive bc you havent watched him the same way you have Darnold. When he is back, he will prob have his bunps as well. National pundits check the box score and report it was rocky but you, jets fan who watched the game, will be like rocky?! Wtf do you mean rockey? Sure he made a bad decision and then had an int pop up in the air off the wr hands but they won that game BEACUSE of him, not despite him. Thats kinda where we are at with Allen. Waiting for it to level out and IF it does, for the 1st time since 96 - the Bills will be in good shape at the QB position.

12. GasedAndConfused

Honestly everything you just said is 100% what jet fans said about sanchez in 2009 and 2010 and we made the AFC champ game both of those years. It's easy to forget now but sanchez made some serious big throws for us and game winning drives against some tough odds. He also dominated a few playoffs games. He beat NE in NE 28-21 in a game where he threw 3TDs and 0 INTs. His playoff career of 6 games has a 9-3 TD to INT ratio and 3 of the games he had over 100 QBR. his 2nd season playoff run he had 5TDs to 1 INT and almost brought us back in the 2nd half against the top rated defense in the NFL in pitt. Also in those 1st 2 seasons he had 7 4th quarter comebacks and 9 game winning drives. so over 2 seasons he made the game winning drive in 9 of our 20 wins. almost half our wins those 2 years were on a sanchez game winning drive. People forget that he earned being called the "sanchize" he just regressed after that and only got worse each year. never fixed his mistakes and lost his magic that gave us hope the 1st 2 seasons. I hate to tell you but sanchez 1st 2 years he looked way better then allen does so far. It's just easy to forget that since it was 10 years ago and he was so awful after those 2 years and of course the famous butt fumble.

As far as watching allen goes, i have watched him quite a bit. he's actually one of my FF QBs since the 2 i drafted didn't pan uot well (big ben and coiusins) when ben got hurt i dropped him and picked up allen. I also have sunday ticket and watch red zone and pretty much all the games. I'd say i've probably seen more of allen then any non bills fan and more then some bills fans. Allen has had his good moments for sure, but that's not enough to make it as an NFL QB. I'm one of the few here who liked allen and preferred him over baker and rosen in the draft. My order was Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Baker. I think he can be good but knew he was a 3 year project. he came out of college rough and shell shocked. but his arm talent is crazy and he's more athletic then i expected from watching his film. I wouldn't mind him being good, I just don't see it yet. Not just sanchez but guys like RG3 and young started hot and got attention and fizzled out. If allen can't correct his techn ique and limit turnovers he won't be successful. The quickest way for a QB to lose his job is not protecting the ball and he has 12 turnovers in his last 5 games (worse of any QB from that class) he also needs to learn to rely on his legs less but he has improved form that already compared to 2018.

Billsfan1212 likes this.
  13. Billsfan1212

But thats
    But thats the thing. Even though you didnt speak directly to my point (which is ok bc it was all over the place) it was essentially hes shown up and has displayed the groundwork for where wed hope a fqb would be in his 2nd yr. Its important for you guys to keep in mind too.... the bench mark isnt mahomes. He is the exception. Thats tough for any qb to live up to and even he hasnt proven he can consistently do it. It takes YEARS to be a star QB. Some, like ken obrien or boomer have a few solid seasons that allow them to have long NFL careers as journeymen. Some, like Kelly and Marino, stack good seasons up they become superstar qbs. The league is totally week to week now. People can proclaim xxx qb the best in the game and then talk about drafting his replacment the next. To judge anyone from their draft class it asinine because we arent dealing with finished products.
    It works both ways... Bills fans dont wanna get hyped after experiencing other 4-1 seasons (where this time its a weak schedule but past ones were unsustainable ways of winning lole D points and crazy turnovers etc) and dont see THIS isnt that team. They expect a meltdown bc its happened 2x in the past. Sure, it could turn out similar but it also could turn out different.
    Just as you are comparing allen (loosely) to sanchez. Bc you guys have been burned by a future fqb being hot and then falling apart I hope there isnt a paranoia that could happen to darnold if he comes along. Two totally different players and careers.
    Bills fans are quite happy with Allen and he has given us a lot to look forward to. There will always be people who dont want to see him succeed bc he was so polorizing coming out being boom or bust. They dont wanna be wrong, so theyll never be impressed. Then you have the teams fans who will never admit hes decent bc their team passed on him. I get that, it hurts like hell. We took zay jones and traded up when we clda had juju standing pat. To be clear, im not saying thats the case here - just saying that opinions are like farts... everyone one elses stink but yours. And said opinions change week to week as well. For Buffalo fans (which, respectfully is all that matters as Allen in their qb) are happy with where he is at in his development. He was a project who is coming along, making marked and noticable strides and the team is winning. Will he pan out? Who knows. Im sure a lot of people will try to tell me otherwise, but until we let the years shake out all we can hang out hats on is the progress and at this point in time we are excited!

#33 Billsfan1212, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  14. GasedAndConfused

Oh I fully agree with that. he's done enough good to give hope. and obviously you can't compare every QB to mahomes. My point was sanchez was the same his 1st 2 years before he crushed our hopes and dreams. Allen is heading in the right direction and he's where you want him to be at this point, he just still isn't where he needs to be career wise. We won't really know for another 2 years. I always seen allen as a 3 year project. most Qbs you expect year 2-3 to show what they got. for allen it was more year 3-4 due to how raw he was out of college. If I was a bills fan i'd be happy with allen so far as well. I'm just saying tread careful.

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The fact that you think the Bills made that trade because they thought Jets wanted Austin just shows how truly deluded you are. They moved back 8 spots and picked up an extra 2nd rounder plus another pick, that is why they made the trade.
    Even if you read some report that they did it to block the Jets from getting Austin you need to realize reporters write things to get readers attention and writing something to get fans up in arms is what they do.

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. Billsfan1212

For sure, but (and this isnt an argument) id say most teams with guys that have a year or two of success still arent in the clear yet. Even the Watsons of the world havent proven they have what it takes to be that star year in and out. Even then look at Cam - it can all be gone in a flash!

17. GasedAndConfused

of course. I mean you should be happy with your team so far this year and allen. and you should enjoy it and be positive. You never know when it'll end lol

18. HomeoftheJets

If you guys had Watson you'd be the best team in football. Allen isn't in the same league as Watson.

dawinner127 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  19. Billsfan1212

Perhaps, but respectfully, that wasnt remotely what we were talking about. Hes having a great year. Now can he stack them?

20. HomeoftheJets

So far, he's played 7 games as a rookie (he got hurt midway through), 16 games as a sophomore, and 5 as a third year. Each year he's had a passer rating over 100. So I don't think he's a fluke, if that's what you're getting at. Whether he'll be a Hall of Famer is another question, but we can't know that for another decade.