big mistake by picking up...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, May 10, 2006.

1. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Jtrain started another awful thread. Yeah lets bank on having the worst record in the league next year and not draft a qb of the future so that hopefully we can get the first pick and take Brady Quinn.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

i totally agree with you man...i think this clemens guy is going to really work out....and why is everyone already putting quinn into the hall of fame?we were able to trade down and get clemens and obtain a 2nd for next year....it was a solid,solid move...to call the drafting of clemens a mistake because we may be in the quinn sweepstakes next year is silly.....and to mention leak????eww no thanks...i also think,and ive said this many times that its going to be the troy smith sweepstakes,not the quinn

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I like Clemens...but D'Brick and Justice would have been sick! add in Mangold and we would have one of the best lines in the NFL in a few years, for a long, long time.....But hey that didnt happen, so as fans we must go in the direction of the staff. I think they know what they are doing....I hope?

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Does anyone actually think we will be worse than Buffalo? If we don't have a better record than buff, that would be suprising IMO.

I would like for us to go defense high in next years draft. Maybe a DE, OLB, S.

5. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Quinn could be the next Alex Smith, who cares about the 2007 draft, are you not going to watch this season or something?

6. 20&out

20&out New Member

Can we give them a chance to sweep up after this years draft before claiming to know the results of the 2006 Pro and NCAA seasons and start predicting who we will get in nex years draft!

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

S? For starting purposes I assume- not depth. Who are you showing the door? Coleman or Rhodes? My gut says Coleman, if he doesn't improve upon last season's performance.

8. nyjballandbeer51

nyjballandbeer51 New Member

HOW MANY TIMES POST-DRAFT ARE YOU GOING TO BITCH ABOUT NOT PICKING UP JUSTICE!!!

9. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

oh man. I may stand to be corrected, but it looks like Jtrain might be the same member who pretty much ruined the Yahoo Jetsfan board this year. He starts the same type fo threads. The only reason why he stopped posting there was because he made a stupid bet that the Jets would draft Vernan Davis with their first pick or he would leave that forum for good. He made such a huge deal about the bet that he just looks foolish everytime he posts there.

I cant be certain, but it looks as though this might be the reincarnation of him. How are the moderators here by the way? If it is the same person, expect a lot of filth to come out if his posts. This guy wasnt even a true Jet fan and I think he was simply a troll trying to piss off the fan base with outragous coments. Is that sort of thing bannable here? I hope so.

10. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

basing on his post, the thread creator has no idea of college players transitioning into the pro's and just goes on fan word of mouth

Ginn Jr. won't even be the best WR next year if the top junior's declare. Right now that would probably be Calvin Johnson followed by Dwayne Jarret, then Ginn would probably slot in as the 3rd WR off the board. RB's aren't that hard to find. If we are picking high I'd much rather see a true #1 WR (preferrably Johnson) if we pick an offensive player, otherwise I'd look for a defensive linemen or LB if we are picking top 10.

11. k.Rhodes25

k.Rhodes25 New Member

I agree with u on clemens but completely disagree with you about quinn, hes as good as they say he is. But if it comes down to it were we're in the position to draft quinn i feel instead we would go after the top rated RB/DE.

12. k.Rhodes25

k.Rhodes25 New Member

Jeff smardzja and dwayne jarret will be at the top of the recieving class next year and i would love to see jeff smardzja in a jets uniform next year filling our need for a dominant playmaking reciever.

13. ChadisGoldenBoy

ChadisGoldenBoy New Member

Man I would love to see Ted Ginn in a Jet uniform, this year, watch out...he's going to put it all together.

Of course, he's not even close to a Randy Moss, and they are very different players.

14. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

He ranks lower on the WR class. He's huge but he's not fast. He'll still be a first round pick, but then there's also the problem of him being a great pitcher, and he could decide to go that route.

Out of WR's that COULD be in next year's draft, basically every scouts top 3 in order at this moment are Johnson, Jarrett, Ginn Jr.

15. MarquetteJetsFan

MarquetteJetsFan New Member

Quinn has the build and ability to be a great NFL QB. Playing in a high profile school like ND will prepare him well for the show that is the NFL. That said, nothing is a given. Alex Smith was supposed to be the new Montana for the Niners, and look how that's turning out.

For every Marino, Kelly, or Bledsoe, there's a ton of Rick Mirer's and Alex Smith's too. I seem to recall Mirer being the next big thing out of ND.

The fact of the matter is, a quarterback with great potential was available when we were on the clock, and we took him. If he turns into the next big thing here, then that's great. If not, we took a gamble in the second round, and it didn't pan out, these things happen.

Quinn could be phenomenal, he could be terrible, but the same thing could be said for Clemens, Leinart, or any of the often-discussed QB's.

For what it's worth, I think Clemens in the 2nd round was a great pick.

16. Ryan

Ryan Banned

Clemens was an alright pick, but we certainly could have picked him later in the draft. I would have greatly preferred Justice, but he has character problems and the jets would never take a bad guy.

17. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Gotta agree with you. Calvin Johnson is gonna be the top receiver in the draft. He's made some amazing plays. Samardzja (however you spell it) will probably be an red zone situational receiver. He's big enough to get up for balls thrown into the corner of the endzone, but he's not gonna outrun any NFL backs.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

what has turned out yet on Alex Smith. the man has played 1 year with an awful team. kind of soon and ridiculous to throw the towel in on him or simply judge him after one season. a lot of good QB's played horribly their first year.

19. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

Um, who ever said Alex Smith was going to be good in the first place? Don't know where any arguement involving him came from anyway.

20. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me what "Brady Quinn is overrated" statement is based on. I'd like to know what brings you to that conclusion?

Ellis