Beware Jet Fans... Saleh is taking names!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That was a very different era. Players were treated like adults back then. Head Coaches had carte blanc to discipline players on the sideline during the game on live TV. If the team sucked, they heard about it. If the fans booed, it was because the team sucked. Blaming fans that have shelled out significant cash because they booed and are done with the "wait for it" approach is just plain old bullshit. I guess Saleh would be happier with 10,000 homers in the stands cheering 3 and outs while 50,000 empty seats chanted positive things.

papapump and Ralebird like this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

well to me, the problem wasn’t if Becton is good when he’s on the field….I thought he looked pretty damn good when healthy…to me the problem is just he can’t be counted on to stay on the field. That’s pretty much it.

To me I’m pissed at JD for doubling down on him when it was OBVIOUS to anyone who looked at it objectively that after two years with so many missed games it was NEVER a good idea to rely on him, but we did. We didn’t resign Moses and we didn’t draft a starting caliber OT and we only signed a free agent OT late in the offseason and he’s 37 years old at that. So to me, the blame on this OL falls 100% on JD for mismanaging it.

now I’m hoping that Fant settles down at LT because he was shit last week but he played well there last year, and I’m also hoping that our 4th round developmental OT can actually hold up at RT at least until Brown comes back, and then also hoping that Tomlinson plays up to his level because he too looked terrible last week…but hey if those three things come through we’ll be ok

#102 Jets79, Sep 14, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    HackettSuxTNG likes this.
  3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Where is the "Like 10,000 times" button?

Jets79 likes this.
  4. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

But I do remember Joe Judge talking like this in the second half of last season. The Giants were all set to bring him back for a third year until he started running his mouth and looking like an idiot.

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Looks like coach hurt some feelings. Safe spaces everyone!

[​IMG]

KingRoach and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  6. HackettSuxTNG

I'm perfectly content. Do you require a safe space from some of the respectfully designed and carefully crafted responses to your posts?

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm good.

8. HackettSuxTNG

Good to hear!

9. Cman68

You're one tough ass M'Fer man!! Glad you're with us..

papapump and bicketybam like this.
  10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

That's not too much to ask for. LOL. The Jets FO doesn't seem to realize there's a reason why teams don't re-sign these guys and they're allowed to hit the FA market. But the real problem is at QB. When you have a QB performing at a high level, nobody notices who's up front blocking for them. No defense can cover the entire field. The great QBs know what a defense is trying to do and has the skills (mental and physical) to counter it. What the Jets need is a higher level of QB play whether it's Wilson, Flacco or White.

Jets79 likes this.
  11. Cman68

That's why we have to STOP drafting QB's and START buying the best one available on the FA market. Unless of course a generational young QB prospect comes along.

BrooklynJetsFan and KWJetsFan like this.
  12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If only Cousins signed here we would have avoided so much grief.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

How many good quarterbacks come out of the FA market? Come on.

To win a Super Bowl, you want a stud quarterback. The only realistic way to really get a stud quarterback is in the draft. And then you get the window where you don't have to pay them as much where it's easier to win.

In the right situation, free agent QBs make sense. If Zach struggles this year, bringing in a FA QB to compete with him/serve as a backstop makes sense. If a team is relatively competitive but doesn't pick high enough in the draft to get a QB, then maybe you go the free agent route.

If a QB hits the free agent market, there's usually a reason why, just as Westie said.

PJ4Ever and KingRoach like this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yeah, he still only has the one ring. ;)

15. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

His wedding ring?

K'OB likes this.
  16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, Lamar Jackson is free and clear at the end of the season. That's a guy we should go all in on if Zack doesn't look up to the task.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Tampa Bay signed Brady and it worked out fairly quickly but of course, Brady is the GOAT. The Rams got Stafford and that worked out pretty good too. Cousins played the jets for suckers as he used the Jets as leverage in his negotiations with Minn. We dodged a bullet for once there. Indy did okay with Manning. I also remember the Jets getting a guy named Farve and were rolling until his injury stopped the run.

My point being, although FA is a crap shoot, its a far better chance at success than drafting a kid out of college who MIGHT one day become a FQB. Why not purchase/rent a FQB for a few years and actually feel what it's like to actually win games. Let the other teams draft and develop FQB's while we stack talent everywhere else on the roster. Instead of having a dozen or so pieces to complete a competitive roster, all you have to do is add an established, successful QB and accelerate the process instead of having to wait 3-5 years hoping your draft day gamble pays off..

#117 Cman68, Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    BrooklynJetsFan and Royal Tee like this.
  18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Remember, the Darnold move was "cost effective" Pffft, you think they'll spend $$$ for a SB caliber FA QB?? Helllllfk no.
    and that's money, imagine in a trade?
    Russell Wilson cost two first-round picks, two second-round picks, Drew Lock, Noah Fant and Shelby Harris.... so a player of that caliber I don't EVER see this owner going for.
    It's this hand holding of zakypoo that's so annoying. Full organization of men just waiting for 1 guy rn...again.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. Cman68

Well, if they don't, neither one of us will live long enough to see the next Jet SuperBowl. What we will see is endless rookie QB's being granted FQB status only to fall far short of that level of play. We'll be asked to believe in the system no matter what the record is OR what the play on the field looks like. Pleas for patience will occur as regularly as the sun rises.

Our ownership at one time did have the balls to take that leap and try to jumpstart the development of the team. I guess those days are long gone now so we can look forward to years of developmental QB's suit up and play Qb for the NYJ's.

2030? 204o? Does it still matter....?

Royal Tee and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Damn it, forgot about that kind of ring, I meant the one we all possess from birth lol