Better Season Washington or Jones?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by meanandgreen, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Leon will most likely have more big plays, but TJ will have the better season.

1. TJ will get most if not all of the goal line carries.
    2. TJ will probably get at least 8-10 more touches a game than Leon.

2. tzaf75

tzaf75 New Member

i think it also depends how good this team will be , it they play well and go with a lead into the fourth quarter then TJ will get most of the carries by far.

3. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

We have to be excited about our running game TJ and Leon give us the first real 1-2 punch we've needed since Curtis and Jordan.
    I feel Jones will carry the load this year on boring short yard gains up the gut and Leon will be a backfield option for big gains in open field. Chad calling plays at scrimmage can really have major effect and if we add Brad Smith to the mix opponents are really going to have hands full trying to figure out our options. I have huge hopes this years guys.

4. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I don't think it's a question of who will be better, but rather who's more important. Jones being here will likely lead to a much bigger season by Washington, however I don't think that Washington will have the same effect on Jones' game. Jones overall improves the running game leaps and bounds as a solid, reliable foundation and should allow Washington to flourish.

5. rillo

rillo New Member

I really think Washington is gonna have a super year for us.....if he stay healthy.....

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Not only are they the first real 1-2 punch since Curtis/LaMont, but with Mangini running the show, he will actually utilize both to the fullest extent, unlike Herm.

7. Coach K

Coach K New Member

that only breaks down to the fact that jones is the only one who can force himself through the non existant run blocking we have. just like last yr when leon was the only one able to average over 4 YPC cuz the holes were so small he was the only one who could fit.

if we had a denver o-line washington hands down. but we dont.

8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Yards: Jones
    Rushing TD: Jones
    Catch TD: Washington
    Carries: Jones
    YPCarry: Washington
    YPCatch: Washington
    fumbles: Jones

9. green machine

green machine New Member

I see a big year from both..it's amazing the way Washington almost always makes positive yardage when it seems like he's going down fo a loss.

10. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

I agree with another poster when it was mentioned how they will compliment each other's game. In the grand scheme of things, and I think very, very highly of Leon, I think Thomas Jones has a better season. Reason being is there will be situations where we will need that big, clutch, run when it's 3rd and 3 and it's a matter of a FG or marching into the red zone. With that, we know Thomas Jones is a solid threat in between the tackles and else where, while Leon will be juking people out of their ankles in the open field. Leon is also not powerful enough to provide a fear in defenses when he's lined up in the backfield. There are intangibles that come with Jones being in the backfield that will open up Leon and the rest of the receiving core, while giving Chad some breathing room; not to mention Jones is a monster and will provide nice protection when it's a fake.