Better Call Saul on AMC

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JStokes, Feb 7, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wish I was a failed musician and loner trolling a Jets fan forum.

_

2. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Nah Stokes also cooks up some epic grub. Leave the man alone or you will be put on to timeout.

Back on topic. I liked the opening Cinnabon scene and its relation to one of the last episodes on Breaking Bad where Saul said, "If I'm lucky, in a month from now, best case scenario I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha". Excited for the second episode tonight.

Walt White and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Gotta love that he owned a VCR and had tapes in 2015 haha

4. steve stone

steve stone Member

[QUOTE[​IMG]="The Dark Knight, post: 3191557, member: 1597"]JStokes enjoys sports AND television? Haha what a goof he is![/QUOTE]
    Nothing wrong with enjoying sports and television…something very wrong and pathetic with that being the only things he enjoys.
    Post after post on this site nothing but tv and posting comments about it to strangers? Utterly pathetic.
    The high school mentality of message boards dictates you must defend him. So go ahead.
    Writing songs a hobby not my proffession. Your hobby watching movies. Cool.

As for failed...odd term to use for someone coming out with a record who started playing the guitar two years and can't sing. I'm proud of my songs as I assume your proud of movies you watch!

5. JStokes

Look Steve, I still don't know what your deal is or why you seem to have a bug up your ass with anyone who expresses a view that your songs suck (which they do) but I have a dozen hobbies that don't entail watching TV or movies and my profession was gained by post graduate degrees.

This is a board to discuss (i) sports and (ii) bullshit like movies and TV and cars and food and politics and travel and...oh wait..BOOKS and MUSIC.

Why don't you pull your head out of your ass and drop by the Harper Lee thread that I started to discuss an upcoming release of what is sure to be an American Literary classic? Or the REAL music thread that I've been posting in and give us your thoughts on REAL musicians like Stevie Ray Vaughn or Stanley Clarke or Steely Dan or Hendrix or the Stones or Jeff Beck?

Or maybe stop by the cancer thread where I offered to give Barry the Baptist my thoughts on how to deal with a family member dying of cancer. Do you realize that although I'm not a doctor I know more than probably 99% of the posters on this board about breast cancer, it's clinical treatment and alternative treatments and how to deal with the loss of a loved one?

In short Steve, have fun trolling the board but whilst you're at it, kindly GFY.

_

#25 JStokes, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Stokes actually has pretty decent taste in music, I have to say.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Soxxx, go away

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Okay, I just noticed that steve posted that terrible embarrassment of a song and then everyone told him how bad it was and now he is attacking them in other threads. Pretty funny. Better Call Saul moves to it's normal time tonight at 10:00 only on AMC! Can't wait!

9. JStokes

You are starting to sound like a loser. Or something like that.

_

10. The Dark Knight

I know. I also like other television programs too. And sports. I also attend films from time to time. What a waste of life!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

So it'll be on Monday's every week? I was thinking, and hoping it would be Sunday.

12. JStokes

You've also probably never read a book in your life and have no formal education.

_

13. JStokes

Hahaaa.

_

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

What bothers me is that flash-forwards in BB were to the end of the season. In this one, it's forward to 11 years from the time of the events.
    Does it mean, they reach "the end" after 1 season? Or they are just not sure the show will be extended?

15. The Dark Knight

Yep. Yeah I wouldn't mind Sundays either but of course AMC has Talking Dead after Walking Dead. Speaking of which, after both shows ended last night I wanted to talk more about Saul than Walking Dead. I doubt Better Call Saul will get a post show like Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, but it might eventually if it keeps it up.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I believe they're going to jump around in different stories. If that's not right, then at least we know it's set 7 years prior to BB.

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

TDK, I'm a waste of life too and how about Stokes with 2,000 likes, whats wrong with this world!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

A few questions:

1. You yourself acknowledge that you "can't sing." What target audience or segment of the music market are you looking to reach?

Now please don't get me wrong. While there are exceptions to the "can't sing" rule, e.g. Larry "Wild Man" Fischer (under the aegis of F. Zappa), I'm nevertheless curious.

2. This 'record' of yours: what label will handle distribution?

3. This 'record' of yours: which studio did you use to record? To mix? Finally, where was it mastered?

4. This 'record' of yours: will it be a double album and, will it feature any guest artists we should know about?

Thank you. I look forward to reading your reply.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I bet these guest artists are available and willing to work on steve's new trax:

greenbeanz and NYJalltheway like this.
  20. steve stone

steve stone Member

[QUOTE[​IMG]="JStokes, post: 3191648, member: 19848"]Look Steve, I still don't know what your deal is or why you seem to have a bug up your ass with anyone who expresses a view that your songs suck (which they do) but I have a dozen hobbies that don't entail watching TV or movies and my profession was gained by post graduate degrees[​IMG].

This is a board to discuss (i) sports and (ii) bullshit like movies and TV and cars and food and politics and travel and...oh wait..BOOKS and MUSIC.

Why don't you pull your head out of your ass and drop by the Harper Lee thread that I started to discuss an upcoming release of what is sure to be an American Literary classic? Or the REAL music thread that I've been posting in and give us your thoughts on REAL musicians like Stevie Ray Vaughn or Stanley Clarke or Steely Dan or Hendrix or the Stones or Jeff Beck?

Or maybe stop by the cancer[​IMG] thread where I offered to give Barry the Baptist my thoughts on how to deal with a family member dying of cancer. Do you realize that although I'm not a doctor I know more than probably 99% of the posters on this board about breast cancer, it's clinical treatment and alternative treatments and how to deal with the loss of a loved one?

In short Steve, have fun trolling the board but whilst you're at it, kindly GFY.

_[/QUOTE]
    You have posted over 10,000 messages on this board. Think about that for a second.
    The bands you listed you like couldn’t be more to my point. They are popular well known musicians. No work had to be done on your part. Simply just picked out of a group of musicians that are popular probably in the same manner you picked a football team.
    Now, you have every right to think my songs suck. Every right indeed. You also have every right to make 5 year old remarks.
    But in reality, to be taken seriously by me, an actual comment with some substance might be helpful. Like your song sucks because”…..”
    You hyaven’t done so. I don’t know what comments you made on other boards about stevie ray Vaughan, who frankly is the most over rated musician of our error. His licks, for example, I can play note for note. An I am not a good guitarist. He was adept at fooling those who know nothing about music that what he was doing was hard. But in realty your musical likes, are generic.
    You are as mainstream as they come. There is nothing about you that cant be learned by looking at any other guy. You gave a guy advice on this board about how to deal with a close friend dying of cancer? Heres advice, don’t ask anonymous strangers but speak to a professional. If you gave him any other advice you are nothing more then a phoney.
    Just like your comment on the book..”whioch might be the next classic.” Everything with you revolves around popular concecptions of good and mad. You are as mainstream American as they come. Probably a soft liberal. But you know nothing about music, movies, cancer, or anything. You are just a guy whose social life is on a message board. An when someone comes a long, like myself, to express some actual genuine creativity, you pounce with your high school eseque behavior and followers, to protect your turf.
    Its sad and pathetic. Every other site, live setting, etc, I have shared my music I have gotten overwhelmingly positive reviews. Yet this site its hollow negative comment after hollow negative comment. Only am moron would look at those two sets of facts and conclude my songs suck.
    Truth is, they only have to be good to one person. Me. That’s all that matters. That’s whY I have over 10000 of them posted. They are for my archiving. For my ears and from my thoughts. You go on and live vicarooulsy through others creations(popuylar induced as they may be) and Ill go on creating mine. Whether failing or not.
    I say go fuck yourself, but to do so I would be merely expressing my inability to do anything but regurgitate conventional piteties. That’s your job.