Bet between Wis and Pa Govs.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Pam, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Pa. Gov. Tom Corbett makes Super Bowl wager with Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
    Published: Thursday, February 03, 2011, 11:38 AM Updated: Thursday, February 03, 2011, 12:16 PM
    JAN MURPHY, The Patriot-News By JAN MURPHY, The Patriot-News
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/02/pa_gov_tom_corbett_makes_super.html

This just in -- Party at the Governor's Residence.

Gov. Tom Corbett could throw one if the Pittsburgh Steelers bring home the Lombardi Trophy this weekend in the Super Bowl match-up with the Green Bay Packers.

Corbett, who is going to be in attendance at the game, and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker agreed to a two-part good-natured wager on the outcome of the game that entails a charitable donation to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America in Pittsburgh and Green Bay as well as enough goodies to host happy hour.

Both will participate in the “Coke Cheers” promotion that will donate $25,000 to the Boys and Girls Clubs in both host cities to the Super Bowl teams. "Coke Cheers” is a nationwide promotion that supports that organization.

The governors are challenging each other to get their fans out to generate the 10,000 cheers needed to qualify for the $25,000 in each city. “Coke Cheers” is a nationwide promotion aimed at supporting the Boys and Girls Clubs of America that invites the public to to vote for their favorite team. Each vote – or cheer – equals a $1 donation by Coca-Cola to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. The governors are challenging each other to get their fans out to generate the 10,000 cheers needed to qualify for the $25,000 in each city.

If the Steelers lose, Corbett will present the check to the Boys and Girls Club in Pittsburgh wearing Packers’ Green and Yellow. But he is banking on the Packers losing to see Walker wearing Steelers' Black and Gold in making the check presentation to the organization in Green Bay.

Along with that, the gubernatorial bet includes the following wager:

Corbett is putting up mostly Pennsylvania-made products including Eat’N Park Smiley Face cookies; Penn Pilsner Beer, Sarris candies, Asher’s chocolates, Seltzer’s Double Smoked Meat, Bachman’s snacks, Pennsylvania mushrooms, apples, honey and maple syrup, Hammond’s Hard Pretzels, Miller’s Mustard, Wolfgang chocolate, Maser Pantry jelly & jam, Kelchner’s Hot Mustard,Pennsylvania wine, Boyd and Blair Vodka, and Heinz Ketchup.

Walker is betting extra aged Pleasant Ridge Reserve Cheese, Rehorst Premium Milwaukee Vodka, Roaring Dan’s Maple Flavored Rum, Frozen Tundra Wine, Tundra Red Wine,

3-pound hollowed-out chocolate football filled with handmade chocolates, a pair of Koss headphones, Beer ‘n Brat Horseradish Mustard, whole grain mustard, Sassy Horseradish, Sauce Prepared Cocktail Sauce, and bottles of Peninsula red wine and white wine.

Governor Corbett -- a lifelong Steelers fan -- is predicting the Steelers will win the big game by a score of 31-28.

“I’m looking forward to a great game and watching my team take home the Vince Lombardi trophy for the seventh time,” said Corbett.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Those two fucksticks can exchange a bag of dicks for all I care.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I laughed heartily.

I'd love all that food to show up at my office because the team that plays in my state wins a SB.

4. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Soooo I guess you're not attending the super bowl party? *crosses puck off the list* :lol:

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lmao my SB party ended 2 weeks ago.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I wonder if Bloomberg followed through on his bet with the mayor of Pitt.

7. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

He did...They showed footage of a giant Terrible Towel flying in NY and mentioned how he paid up on his bet.