Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

With the way this board melts down after every single slip up from Zach I don’t think anyone can mentally handle watching Jameis Winston play football for our team.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Might of been that in 2019 he was in an Arians offense that had him attacking vertically.

We don't need a gunslinger here - we just need someone who can make enough throws to stop the opposition stacking the box all game long and daring Wilson to find Wilson (and then the good Wilson to make a spectacular catch) to beat them.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I've heard the idea floated that in the weeks ahead, maybe a Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford or Ryan Tannehill may become available particularly if those teams end up sputtering. If ZW faceplants in the weeks ahead, I'm sure JD will be looking into this

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I guess I don’t really like the pickiness of everyone here. There are no good options but the Jets would be fools if they didn’t at least bring one of these free agents in. We need another quarterback anyway and given the state of our offensive line, it wouldn’t be crazy to carry 3 on the 53.

We didn’t have emergency QB abilities on Monday because Boyle wasn’t on the 53 even as a healthy scratch.

I don’t really love the idea of moving a pick for one of these guys. If there was a week left in camp I’d feel differently.

Pepsiguy5, ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  5. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, the more I think Foles would be the best bet. Super Bowl experience after coming in as a backup. Quick decisions and adequately mobile. He's also a FA, so no draft equity cost.

6. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

He also sucks. Look at the rest of his career outside that one hot stretch

7. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Didn't he set records on the Eagles his first year or am I mixing him up with somebody else? I thought I remembered a game where he had 7 passing TDs. Granted, he was in a weird offensive system that was all about taking no time off the clock and getting maximum possessions. Not sure, how'd he'd fit on the team, NOW, though.

Fact is, anybody the Jets bring in is going to need 4-5 weeks before they are ready.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

How many "boneheaded" throws did he make on Monday? The INT. What other ones?

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking the same, some analyst yesterday was saying that Foles is best for the personnel the Jets have and it was a good argument.

He doesn’t need an offensive line like some of these guys

10. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I don't know what that means, but if it's true, then get him in here stat.

11. JetFanInNE

The fact is he plays well in Philly but bombs horribly with every other team he signs with. I would rather almost anyone else

Jets OG fan likes this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nope

13. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I feel like whomever they decide they like the best from a combination of availability, willingness, and affordability the Jets really need to get "somebody" at least. Its almost lost in the shuffle with most of us not even fully mentally recovered from the Rodgers catastrophe but we're currently one Zach Wilson injury away from Tim Boyle running our playoff caliber team with absolutely nobody behind him.

And said Zach injury could happen as soon as 4 days from now. Or with the Jets luck maybe even in practice tomorrow.

14. Gremlin

Brady would be the only one who'd keep us in the SB favorites conversation but that's not going to happen.

Of the other FA's - I like Foles as he seems to do well in Green/White, won't be anything more then a 1 year fix (so not interfering with the Zach rebuild plan or Rodgers coming back) and he's played this role before + we're not asking him to be 'the guy', all he has to do is pass within the system and not let the opposition stack the box.

15. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

There has been no inside information about who the Jets are contacting. NFL writers have to file stories to get paid. Most of them are uninformed speculation fed to them by agents. Sad commentary on sports media. Anyway, they will need a third QB for Sunday. Perhaps someone they cut in training camp who knows the offense could step in this week. The fact that they are waiting says they are all in on Zach at least for now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. JetFanInNE

Only other one was Streveler, no?

hornblower likes this.
  17. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I think he hurt his thumb/hand which is why they released him.

Not sure how bad it was then or if it'd better now.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  18. Gremlin

We all know it's gonna be Flacco right?

19. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Josh Allen played the whole game and made just on TD pass....that little lob after crossing the LOS around the 5 yard line. That's it....one TD pass.

Zach also had just one TD pass, same as Josh. But on Zach's, he had two critical 3rd down passes he completed both for 1st downs on the series that led to his TD pass to Garrett. That was a very nice drive. Coming off the bench and having a long drive that required two tough 3rd down completions was great.

On the Garrett TD pass, watch the replays...Zach had to throw it over the fingertips of two Bills defenders before the ball came down to Garrett. Aarons pass to Garrett in the preseason game, AR threw the ball from about the 6 yard line with a clear path all the way to Garrett. Zach let his fly closer to the 20 yard line with two players between him and Garrett...a much harder throw.

To me, Zach played better in this game than he did last year. Small sample size, but whatever.

NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.