Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

He did and I’ll give him props but let’s face it. They have to bring in another vet. Somebody who can jump in when Zach falters …. This team is too talented to let an Achilles ruin the season. Boyle isn’t the answer…..

KY Jets Fan and westiedog1 like this.
  2. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Agree. Douglas will bring in the motley crew of available QB'S and the Jets can be in every game with their defense.

He also needs to address the Oline because it is wretched.

3. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Boy would that be a story…….truth is I liked Darnold. I felt the Jets should have given him a shot in Saleh’s system. He’s a little older now maybe he can be that guy. Just don’t turn it over ….if he’s cheap enough that is don’t be giving up second or third rounders etc….

hornblower likes this.
  5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

This is just more evidence Joe Namath truly did sell his soul to Mephistopeles for that SBIII trophy.

#25 Ptflea2, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    Fiftynine, cval and Barry the Baptist like this.
  6. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Which was nothing! Cause the overall team is pretty good, let’s keep doing that again like last year it worked out well

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wentz seems like the obvious answer but whoever they bring in will have time to learn the system and it gives Zach one last shot to be the guy, maybe a week getting 1st team reps will be good for his confidence

boozer32, KY Jets Fan and NY Jets68 like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Theodore Edmond Bridgewater Jr. is an employee of The Detroit Lions, Inc..

9. Ralebird

Actually, there is no such statistic used in the NFL. The starting quarterback is more likely to be credited with a team's win than the finishing quarterback and there is no procedure for allocating the difference in scoring before and after a quarterback's departure as there is for a pitcher in baseball. Certainly nobody would declare a garbage time third stringer a "winning quarterback" when his predecessor put five touchdowns on the board and he took a knee twice simply because he was there last.

Edited to add: According to the NFL Network this morning credit for the win goes to Aaron Rodgers because he was the starting quarterback.

#29 Ralebird, Sep 12, 2023
  10. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Does anyone really trust Carson Wentz??? Someone who was dumped by three teams over the last three seasons. Guy is a difficult personality in the locker room, and was mentally broken once the Eagles drafted Hurts.

KingRoach and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Ralebird

Over the incumbent, yes.

12. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Man, I guess at this point.

Ralebird likes this.
  13. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Remember Jets play New England in 2 weeks Bellichek always gets into Zack's head, soon as this kid loses confidence he is doomed, time and time he has proven he is not mentally tough to be a Nfl Qb, what changed?

14. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Right, Zach mentally unravels too easily... It's only a matter of time.

Tonight proved nothing for me.

It's his job to prove everyone wrong. Though I think Hackett and Rodgers will give him a bit more confidence with their approach.

15. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

He won't he stunk today to stupid Int(threw it right to Milano? What was he thinking?), Kept throwing the ball low and lucky td to Garrett Wilson, people who are saying he won the game were the same ones saying the same thing last year, it had nothing to do with Josh Allen playing the worst game of his career, or the defense playing lights out or Breece hall almost having more rushing yards than Zack Wilson passing yards. Same story as last year rely on the defense and Breece hall and hope Zack Wilson doesn't turn the ball over, but teams aint stupid they are going to start stacking the box and darie him to throw.

#35 jets4848, Sep 12, 2023
  16. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Looks like the dark sinister force surrounding the Jet QB position will not be exorcised by Rodgers. If anything, his presence has seemed to intensify the long running curse. Knowing how superstitious some of these players are, they may seriously think twice about stepping into a job which once again continues to be associated with misery, misfortune and failure.

Or maybe this was divine payback by the Packers ghosts of yesteryear to the Jets for setting fire to and showing utter disrespect to the ole mighty cheesehead? Whatever the case, it is another mindboggling series of events which has the potential of once again throwing the organization into extended disarray.

#36 JoeWalton, Sep 12, 2023
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Joe Flacco to the rescue!

18. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I don’t have much confidence in Zach long term but I do wonder if having an experienced OC who isn’t an immature child might help his confidence.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Problem is there are really no good options

Can’t imagine many teams will be all that open to trading their backup…they have their own QB injury to worry about. The only way that happens is once a team is kind of out of the race, and that’s not the case week 1. Maybe by the trade

deadline it would be more possible, but by then it may be too late.

That leaves free agents…I guess the best options there would be Wentz, Foles, or McCoy. None of them inspire much…are they better than Zach? Maybe, but they don’t know the playbook so even if we sign one of those guys (which I think we should as we need a backup anyway), it’ll be a while before they can step in in a meaningful way.

So I think it’s what we are looking at…we’re gonna most likely ride with Zach and Hackett will baby him and treat him like a raw rookie and take the ball out of his hands unless he has no choice, and roll the dice and hope for the best.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a Sam Darnold move, if you can get him for cheap I would prefer him to Wentz or Foles

westiedog1 and sozopol like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.