Best possible OC/QB combination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AtlantaJet, Jan 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hackett would be an embarrassment

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This Brady shit needs to stop. It's so disgusting. I refuse to sell my soul, fuck that guy. This would be crossing the line 1000x over for me. This would be my loop hole for me to finally tell this team to fuck off. I'd just stop watching football.

I have been kicked In the dick many times In my life. I could not handle that kick In the dick. I just couldn't. The ultimate slap In the face to me as a fan.

It better never happen.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Despite the Jets bottom feeding for years and years, Brady has never hesitated to take a shot at them. He continues to kick a dead horse while they're down. I never, ever want him here. Rodgers on the other hand, was MVP last year. People seem to forget that. I would take him for 2 years in a heartbeat.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why does anyone really think an oddball 39 year old with a bad attitude who would break the bank is a good fit for the Jets even if he has been an excellent quarterback in the past? Rodgers also strikes me as the kind of guy who, with the fortune he's accumulated, could just walk away one day if things weren't going his way.

barfolomew, Since1969 and boozer32 like this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He's an awful teammate and leader. Told his team he was vaccinated but wasn't and then turn up positive for COVID.

barfolomew and BrowningNagle like this.
  7. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Vecause there’s 8 positions open and the top candidates have choices. We fired MLF without a plan and now we’re scrambling. The only way we’re going to sign a competent OC to coach a terrible prospect under a first time lame duck coach is if you pay the guy really well with a long term contract. This way when we fire him next year he’ll still be paid for nothing for a few years.

8. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

For me the very best selection has always been Hackett/Rodgers. You hold your nose and bring in Hackett because that's what Rodgers wants. You've got to make him happy first and if that means hiring Paul's kid then you do it. Now, I don't know if the Jets would ever be able to acquire Rodgers. I do know:

1) Packers have made it known they will NOT trade Rodgers in the NFC.

2) The acquiring team taking on Rodgers 2 years 110 million only has a 15.7 million cap hit in 2023. 31 million in 2024. So the money is doable even without restructuring.

3) Rodgers on the Pat McAfee show showed pretty high praise for all of the Jets young weapons on offense.

4) Apparently, or so I'm told there's 4 teams serious about acquiring Rodgers:

A) Raiders - they are in cap hell Apparently and are looking to release Carr for that very reason.

B) Colts - that team is not anywhere near as talented as the Jets.

C) Titans - Seems like a suitable place to go but may need new receivers and Rodgers likely will not like their current receivers. Losing AJ Brown hurt them.

D) Jets - Have a good not excellent young roster all on rookie deals. They currently do not have any cap space but can easily create cap space. Woody Johnson has made it known he intends to sign a big name QB because he believes it's the missing piece.

So everything just seems to be leaning in the direction that Rodgers will be traded as Jordan Love wants to start and what it really all boils down to is, "Do the Packers believe in Love very strongly"? I think they do but we'll see...

For the Jets this would be the very best of all scenarios. You couldn't possibly ask for a better QB to bring in and it would undoubtedly solve the Jets offensive riddle. There's no doubt whatsoever that barring catastrophic injuries the Jets would go deep into the playoffs......

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

yeah, I don’t even care about his brain dead Covid stuff, Rodgers is a dick to his teammates, always pointing fingers and hard to work with.

I don’t see it going well here. Green Bay bent over backwards for Rodgers, the Jets won’t and the NY media definitely won’t.

Green Bay wants to move on to Jordan Love, we don’t need to help them out with that transition.

boozer32 and barfolomew like this.
  10. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

people still care about this?

11. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Some people say Reich with Carr...is there a connection there, in the style of offense? Maybe it doesn't matter with Carr, he has had several OCs in his career and put up good numbers. Hackett has worked with Rogers, so there is that. Rogers may only play a couple of years, which is great if Zach develops, not so great if he doesn't. If we win a Superbowl with Rogers, I don't think anyone will care about starting over with a new QB afterward.

#51 AtlantaJet, Jan 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Aaron rodgers would cost too much. And he’s an asshat. Not a good leader. He also gets butt hurt easily when things don’t go his way

boozer32 and TheCleaner like this.
  13. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Time to get out the clown shoes!!!

14. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

He is good at football. That is valuable.

barfolomew likes this.
  15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He also buys the Jets some time while they look for their future QB.

16. BrowningNagle

Lets just hope we dont get into any 3rd and 9s with Paul Hackett, excuse me, Nathaniel Hackett

barfolomew likes this.
  17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I hear his dad radios him the play calls.

18. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

The uear after we fired hackett, a guy who sat a few rows in front of me stood up during one game we were losing and started shouting at the top his lungs "everybody look around! Paul hackett is here somewhere!" Hilarious shit. Because that memory is burnt in my brain i dont want the son of hackett

That was at giants stadium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.