Best Jet Game Ever Attended

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by joejets1, Nov 14, 2006.

1. jetmatt12

jetmatt12 New Member

I was just thinking about this the other day and ranked my top 5 (Now, 6)
    1) Packers 02- it was like being at 2 huge games at once, watching the Pats game on small screens or radios throughout the place
    2) Colts 02- killing Peyton
    3) Monday Night Miracle
    4) Clinching the division in 98 on Dedric Ward 70 yard TD in Buffalo
    5) Jags Playoff Game in 98- Keyshawn 2 TD, INT, Fumble Rec
    6) Jets-Pats this past weekend, where I completed my lifelong AFC east stadium tour

2. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

it was 6-0 but Pit was inside our 20 late in the game and turned it over on downs.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have recounted it many times on here so I'll spare people the details again but for a lot of reasons the 2002 finale against GB is #1 for me.

4. nyjunc

It wasn't the temperature that was bad(it was worse a couple of weeks earlier on Mon Night vs. tennessee) it was the wet snow falling. My clothes were soaked so it was cold plus I was wet so it really felt cold but it was my first snow game and it was alot of fun.

I was there too and also at the AFC East clincher the next week in Buffalo. those 2 games are probably 2 and 3 on my list.

For me I have been to every home game since 1990 plus a few in the 80s and I never saw a snow game so it was fun watching that. We were already out of he playoff picture as was Pitt so it livened up a game btw 2 struggling teams.

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

From a game standpoint it was terrible with the Jets blowing a few chances then Pit almost coming back at the end. The weather really doesn't do much for me either. Snow is preferrable to rain though I guess.

One of the most miserable games I've ever been at was the Ravens/Jets in 97. Pouring rain all day and then Vinny throws at TD to tie up the game as time expires. Luckily they won in OT or it would've been really horrible.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

hopefully itll be this weekend :)

I've only been attending games for the last 5 or 6 years.

my first I believe was when we played the Bengals and we needed a win for playoff contention. Corey Dillon still played for them. We were down at the half.

At halftime some bengals fan got it bad lol. He was screaming loud and pretty much rubbing in the score at the half. I'll never forget. Someone screamed, "GO EAT SOM FUCKIN FROSTED FLAKES!" and then people threw beer cups and popcorn at him.

but simply my best experience was last year. Bucs @ Jets.

I moved to tampa from jersey, so alot of Bucs fans try to give me shit cause theyre pretty fair weather fans who couldnt tell you anything going on in the league outside of their division. and i have some good friends who are bucs fans talking shit to me up until the game.

slammed some brews, and watched Vinny roll off his couch to pick the bucs apart. not only was it unexpected, but it was just a good win.

not to mention the reaction i got from my friends when I returned. :)

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

1.GB in 02- It will be hard to top that day, one of those days you will remember forever.

2. Jags PO game in 98- Really thought we were going to the SB
    3. Bills 98- Clinched the division title, what a special year that was.
    4- Midnight Miracle - If the season turned out better it would be higher on my list. Loudest I have ever heard that stadium in the 4th qtr & half empty.

Looking back now the Steelers snow game was fun but I remember being miserable during the game. Only game I have ever went to that I left early. We left at halftime & watched the rest of the game at friends house who lived 5 minutes from the stadium..

#27 Attackett, Nov 15, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  8. nyjunc

That was an exciting game though and the sun actually came out in OT. I can give plenty of bad weather examples where we stunk or the game stunk so at least that Bal game we won and it was entertaining.

9. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I have only been to several games myself but I lucked out with the Packers vs Jets in 2002. I purchased two tickets a few months before the game for a total of 400 bucks right on the 50 yard line. My Packer friend used the other one. We haven't won the AFC East too many times and being there and watching everything come together was great. We learned in the first quarter the Fins beat the Pats and the Jets had an actual shot. The first half was actual close but the Jets blew the crap out of the Pack in the second half. If I remember correctly they shut em' out.

10. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

The GB game in '02 is #1.

A quick story....When we left thre tailgate party we were all depressed. Miami was up by at least 2 scores (don't remeber the exact score) and there was little time left. None of us even said anything about a comeback. We justed wanted the Jets to paly a good game to close out the year. By the time we got into the stadium and up the escalator there was w/out exaggeration 1000 fans around the concessions stand watching the Pats/'Phins on the TV and the Pats were driving. This quickly became a fire hazzard becuase you could not pass....Mind you this was all before the Jets game started.... so security came and shut down off the TV's. The fans went nuts, while security just walked away...

Then for those who were there they remember how the stadium just erupted when the Pats scored.

#2 game of all time was the Monday Night Miracle
    #3 was the Jets/Miami game at Shea....froom which I take my screen name.

11. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

colts playoff 02 green bay clincher 02 and the miami game

i attended all of them and what such great memories they were

yea when everyone just erupted when the pats won that was amazing one of the greatest moments ever

12. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

how did keyshawn have an interception

13. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

if i'm thinking of the same game, it was on the final play of the game, and he was thrown in as a DB to break up the hail mary pass because of his height

14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i was in buffalo for the Jets-Bills game that Morton returned both kicks and the Jets won in OT it was downright amazing!!

15. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Parcells put him in the end zone during a Hail Mary play at the end of the half. He out jumped everyone for the INT.

16. ViLMaNiaC51

ViLMaNiaC51 New Member

So far every game I've went to has been a good game In my mind, I've went to: Seahawks vs Jets-2004, Jaguars vs Jets-2005, Colts/Lions vs Jets-2006. No real blowouts or anything, the Seahawks was fun for my first time because of the goalline stand that rallied the Jets.

17. nyjunc

It was the end of the game not the end of the half, at the end of the half we gave up a long TD to Jimmy Smith that got jax in the game. Keys performance that day was one of the all-time great postseason performances.

18. gmalz

gmalz New Member

jets monday night miracle will always stand out in my mind. How many chances do you get to see a tackle eliglible touchdown. Go Jumbo!!

19. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

No doubt for me
    Sept 24th 2000 Keyshawn Bowl 1 in Tampa we win 21-17 on Curtis Martins halfback option to the little flashlight Wayne Chrebet -- shutting up Mehawn and 70,000 bucs fans in the process --

number 2
    98 game in Miami to clinch a playoff spot on Marinos fumble and Casscadens return

most games I attend are on the road

20. wonderboy24

wonderboy24 Member

Colts playoff game 41-0