Best half of Manning's career

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MexJetinBcn, Jan 25, 2010.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Just curious, why are you still hanging about here? Don't you have a Saints forum to go lurk on?

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey, if I knew there were still some Colts fans hanging around I would have eased up on the sarcasm.

3. deef

deef Member

I could care less about him rooting for his family. Blood is thicker than water. He's a douche because he refused to play for the Chargers and demanded a trade when he was drafted. Lets face it, the Giants ended up with the better QB in situations when it counts.

4. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

I think I could throw it deep to my girlfriend in heels if Drew Coleman was covering her.

5. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

Colts fans are so sensitive

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I forgot why he didn't want to play for San Diego, but really, can you blame him? I don't know, I like the kid. And I for sure like him better than his brother.

7. TheTruth187

TheTruth187 Banned

He simply dominated. No excuses.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yep.

Kinda hard to stop Jordan, I mean Manning, when it just clicks and he lights you up.

There was nothing the jets could do when Strickland went down. He does a lot for a nickel CB.

Manning found the weak link - Drew Coleman - and kept attacking him. And when it was zone, which Rhodes blows balls in, he attacked Rhodes zone.

#28 NDmick, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i used to hate manning... but i just cant do it. you have to respect how good the guy is and how well prepared he is. to call him a douche is simply hate because he is good and beat the beloved jets.

you guys really sound like pussies when you cry that he did it against the 3rd and 4th cbs boo hoo hoo. listen be a fucking man and just admit he is good, fuck that great and move on. quit being a whiny little girl making excuses and crying about how he beat 3rd and 4th stringers.

just like when the jets won in cinci they can only play who is on the field. if drew coleman was SO bad then the FO who everyone praises so much should have replaced him with a decent player.

things like this are why i try to stay away from here as much as i can. i love the jets but i am really starting to not be able to stand jets fans.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I must have briefly stepped away from the TV or something when that was stated. I did not hear that.

The Colts comeback against the Jets is not the 3rd best ever because there have been six games in which a team came back from 18 or more down to win a playoff game. There must be a few more comebacks in the 11-17 point range.

32 down- Bills beat Oilers 41-38 on 1/3/93
    24 down- 49ers beat Giants 39-38 on 1/5/03
    20 down- Lions beat 49ers 31-27 on 12/22/57
    18 down- Cowboys beat 49ers 30-28 on 12/23/72
    18 down- Dolphins beat Browns 24-21 on 1/4/86
    18 down- Colts beat Patriots 38-34 on 1/21/07

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Jets didnt lose because of our defense.

Our defense got lit up in the second half because we didnt have ANY running backs.

Our offense went on the field, forced a rookie to throw the ball every single play and then our defense was right back on the field.

Any defense will tire quickly when they have to be on the field almost an entire half. You put Greene back in that game, the jets offense lets our defense rest, and I guarentee you Peytons numbers wont be nothing special.

12. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Manning was just about perfect in that 2nd half. It was amazing. He made all the right reads, and he was so freakin accurate, it was mind boggling. He was hitting recievers who where well covered.

Watching that game has just about convinced me that Manning may just be the bset QB of all time.

13. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

That's the problem. It wouldn't have been as bad if Lowery wasn't forced to start and Strick didn't get hurt. We really need a new corner across from Revis so Lowery and the others can just come off the bench.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it is beyond me why so many people cant just admit that. you dont have to like him, i dont like him, i dont want him to win anything ever but i cant sit here and make excuses about him being great or defeating our vaunted defense. our d is good, he is just THAT good.

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

I would disagree. You make valid points, but the last TWO weeks Peyton has been playing the most unbelievable I've ever seen anyone play. He's hitting guys that are covered right between the numbers with laser beams, and you know he gets back there and gets rid of it as fast as anyone ever has. How can you stop him? He's just been perfect for large stretches of games against tough defenses. If it was anyone but Peyton Jets couldda won that game. We're seeing Michael Jordan the year before he retired the first time here.