Best comedy TV show of all time

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, May 15, 2013.

1. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

As I mentioned earlier, in 1973 on CBS on Saturday nights the numbers 4 through 6 shows on that list were on from 8:00-9:30 (and #41 was on at 9:30). Pretty amazing.

And as a big fan of all of the Star Trek shows and movies, putting the original series at #33 and The Next Generation at #79 is ridiculous. Starting with the second season TNG was far better written than the original series; a few original series episodes were great ("The City On the Edge of Forever", "The Trouble With Tribbles", "Balance of Terror", "Devil in the Dark", "Mirror, Mirror", "Amok Time"), but most were pretty mediocre, and some were absolutely horrible. The writing on TNG was IMO by far the best on all of the series.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I agree with this. I did like the original series, and am a huge Spock fan, but it's no comparison to TNG. Special effects, writing, and just the scifi based reality was better. Character development was about the same. Don't get me wrong, TNG had its issues the first couple seasons but it ran 7 seasons while the OS had 3. I don't know if they include the Star Trek movies in that assessment, because I firmly believe that the original cast movies were mostly better than the original TV series. TNG did suck balls in season 1 and into 2, but it improved drastically and even all the way to season 7 it was filled will spectacular writing. If only they ditched Deanna Troy somewhere early in the show like they did with the Tasha. The actress that played Troy made me cringe at times. OS developed a cult like following after it originally aired, so maybe that's why they rank it so high. If that never happened, there would be no TNG.

24 is ranked way too low IMO. How do you rank Sesame street higher? That's a kid's show. It doesn't have detailed plots, writing and character development. I think this list is really just listed the more popular shows, not the better shows. MASH as #5? Okay I know it was a good show, but top 5 of all time? Not even close. Mad Men at #7 is suspect as well.

#103 Barcs, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

5. Usica

Usica New Member

I'm going to have to agree with Married with Children. Al Bundy never fails to cheer me up and me a little grateful for my life. I was pretty young when the show came on, but it still holds it own today which says a lot.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is pretty good too. Its a nice filler for an afternoon when there's nothing else on.

6. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Simpsons. They have more great/classic episodes than most shows have overall episodes.

Always Sunny
    Flight of the Conchords
    Seinfeld
    Futurama
    Archer
    Scrubs
    Arrested Development

And a show that never got the chance it should have: Better Off Ted.