Best Analysis Of Why We Stunk For 6 Years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Sep 15, 2012.

1. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I can't think of a QB with two SBs who is not in the HOF. Simms, maybe?Hakeem Nicks is very good, but I think Cruz is much more productive than he would be without Eli. He had a worse pass-protecting o-line than the Jets did last year. The Giants defense is not elite. Maybe if everyone was healthy all the time they would be, but they blow coverages a lot. Their pass rush is top of the line, so it helps that secondary out a ton. I'm also pretty sure they were near the bottom of the league last year in rushing. Statistically, last year was by far his best, but sometimes it takes a QB that long to get to that top level. Eli is elite and he will be in the HOF eventually.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So you're saying standing on the sideline in street clothes because you're injured is "almost the same fashion" as leading your team to the winning score in the final quarter of the superbowl? Really? Simms won 1 superbowl, I guess technically he has 2 rings.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hi, not sure I'm reading this right but Simms in his 1st super bowl win had arguably the best statistical game going 22 for 25 in a going-away 39-20 win (Giants were clearly the better team). In the 2nd super bowl, I think Simms got dinged up in a 17-13 regular season loss to the Bills, and it was Jeff Hostetler who QB'd that (Scott Norwood miss) 20-19 win.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Look Mark was a dozen starts removed from his last high school game, when he became a Jet.

Factor in Schotty, and...well you see where that equation leads.

Expect USC style numbers from this guy.

Tmorrows après will say, it was Buffalo, then it was no Harrison or Troy..

This guys talent is about to become obvious.

Not as smart as Pennington, but a more mobile Obrien.

5. Hobbes3259

How about Scott Norwood wide right

Make mine a triple.

6. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying, but I still don't think Eli is a HOF lock by any means yet. Before last season, would you have put Eli in the HOF? The answer is undoubtedly no. He wasn't even a top 10 QB before last year's great run. Is one elite season supposed to change our minds on that front? I don't think so. If he puts up 3-4 more seasons of what he did last year then, yea, I'd say he's HOF bound. Until then though, he rode the Giants D for one SB run (with a 75 QB rating no less). Last year it was all on him. He was phenomenal.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Before Montana won 4 superbowls would you have put him in the HOF? Seems like a silly way of looking at something doesn't it? Remove qualifying accomplishments and see if they still qualify?

8. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I think 4 SB is a much different qualifier than one. I see a HOF player as someone who was an elite player for the majority of the time he played in the NFL (save either the front end/back end of his career, any injured seasons, etc.). Eli was never an elite QB, before last year. So for him to have one great season, should make us change our minds that he's a HOF player? Idk. You could argue this case ad nauseam. I've seen both sides to it. Like I said, if he puts up numbers like he did last year, than he's HOF bound, without question.

And to piggyback on your argument, why should a single qualifier (SB wins) make someone a HOF QB? Dilfer has one SB win. I can list a bunch of QBs that have 1 SB win, but aren't in. I understand Eli has two.

If Sanchez won 2 SB in the next 2 seasons, would you consider him a HOF player?

9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

If he continues to pass well, then maybe he won't feel so desperate and won't make those stupid plays. Also, he's still very young and immature. With time, those stupid plays will decrease.

10. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

Well, if you put it that way. All I'm saying is that both teams had a superior defense and QBs that were clutch enough in the 4th quarter to get work done. I wasn't arguing that one QB was better than the other. Eli has twice more clutch moments than Phil Simms.

But yes, thank you for correcting me about Phil Simms "Receiving" a superbowl ring more than "Winning".

That is what I mean by Same fashion, both have a superior defense and a manageable offense to get the job done. Nothing about execution. Sorry for the mis-communication.

#70 AK-JETS4Life, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  11. Hobbes3259

Six ducking years. Look now.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Thank god they finally know what a deep pass is.

13. Hobbes3259

How about getting the ball out in 4 seconds..

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah well a few lousy incompletions and it's back to the Schotty bs...oh wait.

Maybe it's not the coordinators, maybe it's the darn head coach.