Bench Sanchez and play Tebow. Yeah I said it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Sep 30, 2012.

1. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

What part of it is BS? I think it explains some of what happened in Denver last year. I've been on teams where there were incredible leaders. Guys that don't get down when they make bad plays. Guys that just have an attitude and confidence about them. Guys that push fear and doubt aside and just do their job. Doesn't matter what the score is, doesn't matter if I'm tired or not. I don't care, we're gonna take this game! Attitude is contagious. Especially when you back it up. You get a team on a roll with momentum, that has an identity, despite perceived lack of talent, you've got a team to be reckoned with. Especially if the game is close and hard fought.

2. stephenpe

stephenpe New Member

So you are a hater or in serious denial. I have watched TT his entire career and bottom line, he is a winner and will lay it all out there to win.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow is 9-7 as an NFL starter with 6 comeback 4th quarter victories , it is a shame you would cut your nose to spite your face .

shame you are butt hurt over Sanchez , think team first !

#43 CowboysFan, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

He's a leader. But Tebow-hate is so strong it causes otherwise ordinary people to stop believing in things like leadership, heart, inner drive, and a team coming together and being more than the sum of its parts with what Reggie Jackson called the "straw that stirs the drink."

If I didn't think those concepts were real, I wouldn't watch football. The whole point for me is looking for those times when the seemingly improbable things happen, and then wondering what combination of talent, teamwork, and heart made it happen.

But no -- instead of just saying "I don't think Tebow has those qualities," people lose their minds and choose to say those qualities don't exist, that they are a joke, and that anybody who thinks so must be a hopeless fanboy.

Which is sad.

5. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I totally agree.

6. tzinc

tzinc New Member

yeah that's what DEN thought to but looked what happened... they had the worst record in the nfl for several years ... they were off to another losing season in fact their season was over and they would again miss the playoffs and they set up Tebow out to fail so they could dump him they made him the starter and then traded away their best wr

BUT he won and won and won all the way to the playoffs... Jets have the best QB insurance policy in the NFL and they need to use it now... hilarious seeing SF use the wildcat properly today...

#46 tzinc, Sep 30, 2012
  7. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Tebow is not the answer for this team, I was interested in seeing how this wildcat would work out. After 4 games I feel that Brad Smith was 100x more effective then Tebow as has been to this point. Tebow is lumbering and slow to hole and seems to lose yards more often then not.
    If Sanchez continues to be as ineffective as he has over the last three games, it may be time to see what McElroy has. I am not saying he is the answer, I am saying we don't know how he will do under game conditions. It appears the the CS is keeping Sanchez in trying to give him every chance to turn it around. Yet, at some point a decision has to be made to sit Mark down if this team is to be given any chance this season.
    I am well aware that the talent level around Mark leaves much to be desired. In that same vain,I am also aware that top QB's make the players around them better. Mark is not doing that, it almost have to go perfectly , for Mark to get into any kind of grove. Adversity destroys Mark and today shows you how it will spin out control with passes that leave you scratching you head or cursing at the top of your lungs.
    No, I would give Mark a few more games, if he continues on the same path, for the sake of everyone it's time for him to sit. It will be time to see
    If Greg McElroy can make this offense work, if so, see how far he can take us. If the results are the same a QB becomes the Jets number one priority in the offseason.

8. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

TT does look a bit slower to me this year. I wonder if he needs to drop 10 lbs and be where he was at last year with his weight. I wonder if he put on some weight knowing he would be blocking this year. The downside to being heavier is that it's hard to keep that same foot quickness and agility that you have at a lighter weight.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Tebow is trash. Sanchez is garbage.

Monday Night Rex will pull the plug on Sanchez.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S2

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Do you think if Tebow starts he will run up the middle 1 play and then the other he goes left with an over stacked line right ?

Seriously ? Your evaluation for Tebow as QB is that ? here watch this and take deep breaths

[YOUTUBE]OzdspnasHpw[/YOUTUBE]

#50 CowboysFan, Sep 30, 2012
  11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'd rather wait to see if he can bounce back before throwing Tebow out there.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

They've hardly run any direct snap runs -- it's always the read option, which requires a delayed action. He explodes up the middle on a direct snap (like on the fake punt -- he was through the line before I knew what was happening).

The read option should be used more if he's in there all the time to get some good running plays out of shotgun (mostly "gives" to the RB).

13. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Ok. So you don't think he's lost a bit of speed? He looked leaner to me last year. It could be that my gut is wrong on this and it's just the plays that he's ran so far like your saying. I'm very aware with my own weight and how mobile I feel at various bodyweights. So that's kind of what's giving me that thought that he might be less quick this year.

#53 John Chisum, Sep 30, 2012
  14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

No, not really. He looks quick on the plays that succeed -- and in preseason.

It's a myth that he put on weight. His brother called into the some radio show last year and said he was at 250, but that the Broncos had just never reflected anything other than the weight he was at the combine.

It just got publicized because he weighed in at the start of Jets training camp and a reporter let it out. It's also a myth that the Jets "asked" him to put on weight.

He's just getting older, growing up, and has a natural weight. Heck, he was 245 as a collegiate.

15. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Lol, if you don't think its going to be Tebow you've got that plane in your avatar shoved so far up your keester you don't know which way is up.

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's just a myth that he was ever a "running back" 'or anything like that. His effectiveness comes from being a quarterback, and having an uncanny ability to sense when the run is there, see a hole, and pick up a first down (or touchdown).

No different than Vince Young -- that was his specialty. But you wouldn't think of Young as a running back. The quintessential RB is built about like Ray Rice or Frank Gore. At 6'3" and 250, that's just not what Tebow is.

17. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

OK thanks for the info. What I said was actually something I've been thinking about. You know after hearing rumors that the Jets were having him put on more weight.

18. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

You might be right, but I think its more a result of he is being pulled in so many directions~qb,wildcat,blocking back, wr, punt protector,etc., he doesn't look as confident in what he is doing.
    Let him get to his natural position, and do his thing.

19. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Hey man. Calm down. This guy isn't trying to take shots at Tebow. He's just giving his honest opinion. That's allowed here.

20. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I think you and Bannon have a point too. But thanks.