Belichick whines about Welker pick play

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ArmandJ, Jan 20, 2014.

1. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Agreed. The NFL confirmed it was a legal play because the "rub" occurred exactly when Demaryius Thomas got his hands on the ball. BB just really comes off as a whiner here.

edit: Jetaho beat me to it.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Belichick, the king of cheating, complains about an illegal move. That's rich!!!

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Belichick, who "loves" the press must be really "loving" all the extra attention of late. First, welker, then Tebro, then Hernandez, then fake Brady injury in scrimmage, then gronk isn't playing games but he's practicing like a stud, then gronk gets injured, then Hernandez tried for 3 more murders+ that occurred while on pats roster and in the Boston area gangland style, then welker, now the nfl, now second guessing 4th and 3.

Brady just got a year older too. This is fun!

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure it was a blast to be a Jets fan this year.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I sense sarcasm, but actually it was a blast to be a Jets fan. All the "experts" ranked us dead last in the league this year with a ceiling of 4-5 wins. It was actually quite rewarding for us to go 8-8 with an inexperienced rookie QB being thrown to the fire, especially the late season charge that bodes well for the future. We were one dropped TD away from sweeping the Patriots and making the playoffs in a year where everyone laughed at the Jets chances. Now the Jets will have 35-40 mil for FAs and another draft stocked with lots of picks that is a deep offensive draft. There are reasons to be optimistic.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

:gpc:

:up:

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Not only that but the whole "circus" thing was put to bed. I mean they tried to bring it up for the smallest things but it made the media look stupid, especially in the face of the Patriots off season (i.e. Hernandez, Kraft vs Putin, Tebow, etc.)

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If the Pats losing in the AFC Championship game constitutes a "collapse" to you, then enjoy!

Getting all "jacked up and pumped" (see what I did there? SB coach reference) over that shows how low the bar is set.

Depending on Geno, I hope the Jets make the East interesting next year, and I think they'll be better (depending on the draft). I do expect the Bills to get a little better also, but I'm thinking the Phins will go the other way.

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So you pretty much waving the white flag as far as your Pats are concerned.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It was a better year because Tebow was gone and Marty replaced the truly awful Sparano. And the Jets won two more games.

Can't offhand think of much more that was better. Tanny had to go, but I remain uncertain about Idzik.

11. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

What is this bad blood between Belicheck and Welker?
    Belicheck could stand to show a little gratitude about an undersized WR who worked his butt off to contribute to the PATS offense over the years with hundreds of catches.
    Granted Tom Brady made him, but Welker was more successful over that time than other guys who played WR up north, -- so there's plenty of give & take.
    And Welker sure seemed to learn that he was relatively underpaid for all the blood sweat & tears he gave up there so the team could be under CAP to pay elsewhere. Talk about a sucker. And then this from Belicheck.

#1 it was legal --- and as its been said 100s of times, the PATs run this on every snap.
    #2 --- Everybody still blames the Welker drop in the Super Bowl. Tom Brady badly overthrew a wide open player. Thats why they didnt get the first down.

12. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

SIDE NOTE --- Very interesting up north earlier this week -- longtime PATS offensive line coach/assistant head coach Dante Scarnecchia retired after 30 seasons with the PATS. I thought this guy was 1 of the best position coaches in the NFL. A lot of guys developed under his coaching and New England consistently had 1 of the best o-lines repeatedly over the years.

They are replacing him with Dave DeGuglielmo. Remember him? He was the JETS o-line coach for 2012. Sparano brought him over from Miami. He was the ass-clown who freaked out at the NY media after they complained he never made himself available to answer a question and then said starting Vlad Ducasse was a directive ordered upon him by upper level management.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

We both know the Patriots shouldn't have even been there. It was a gift facing Andrew Lucky in the div round. Had that been the Bengals or Chiefs, they would have been one and done. The team could have easily gone 7-9 wins this year.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The Patriots GM / owner is classless. They make Tom Brady take a paycut, only to let his #1 WR go. Usually when the QB IS your entire team, he doesn't have to take paycuts only to lose his targets anyway. Usually the guy makes the sacrifice to keep the team consistent. I can see why there is bad blood, because the Patriots refused to pay Welker what he was worth, and as a result he took his talents to Denver. If I'm Tom Brady I'm more annoyed with Pats FO then Welker. They totally screwed him.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Brady didn't take a pay cut. He took more guaranteed money and moved the payments out to help with the salary cap.

The Pats offered Welker $24mil for 3 years after 2011. He refused. The market changed, and the Pats offered him market value last offseason. He refused. He then went back to the Pats to get their last offer AFTER he went to the Broncos and asked them for an offer. The Pats had moved on at that point.

He wound up getting less than he would have if he had taken what the Pats were offering. He (and or his agent) misread the market by plenty.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Neither of us knows anything of the sort.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

DeGuglielmo was probably right about how the Ducasse scenario played out. Either way it shows he didn't think much of Ducasse - I'd say that's a sign of at least a decent OL coach right there as Ducasse is terrible.

As for his desire to not speak with the media - he will probably fit in well with NE then as they look for guys like that.

I don't know how good Scarnecchia was, but this probably won't make much of a difference unless Scarnecchia was like the greatest coach ever or something, but your criticism of Deguglielmo seems petty...

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I heard a conspiracy theory about this whole dirty play B.S. crying that Belichick served up in his press conference.

-He doesn't want to see Denver (especially Welker) win, so he took the time to cry about the play to bring attention to it. A veiled attempt to tip Seattle off about Denver's propensity to run crossing routes and picks, as well as an attempt to get the referees to pay attention to it in the SB...

I'm not saying I agree with that theory, but it does make you think about why a guy who made a living over those kind of plays would be so adamantly against it when it happens against him. But he is an asshole sore loser, so it could just be that.

If the SB changes course on a late offensive pass interference (pick play) call on Denver, sunday, it may just be Bill's bitching paying off...