Being a Jets Fan in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Brick, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Brick

Brick Member

It never happened. The reason is that many bars simply don't want to carry Sunday Ticket because the bar prices are very high - they can cost the place several thousand dollars per season as they have to pay per screen. I spoke to Claddagh's and a few other places about it. No one made it viable.

IMO, the best bars to watch Jets game in Pittsburgh are:

1) Buffalo Blues (Shadyside on Highland)
    2) Tilted Kilt (North Shore near Heinz Field)
    3) Archie's (South Side on Carson)

That's it. You will be surprised how many "sports bars" don't have Sunday Ticket here.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please share them.

2. Brick

Brick Member

Just an update here from Pittsburgh - Finnegan's Wake went under. Buffalo Blues is extremely difficult to access due to the construction on the Highland Bridge. Tilted Kilt is horrible on Steeler game days and I'm not sure about Archie's these days.

I am watching (non-nationally televised) games this season at Silky's in Squirrel Hill. Good food, nice selection of drafts. They've put in more TVs since I was last there in 2010. There were actually some non-Steeler fans (Bills, Lions, Chiefs, etc.) there. It's a few blocks south of the intersection of Murray and Forbes where the 61 bus lines run and there's parking off of Murray.

But, hey, I actually think it might not be so bad this year for out of town fans giving how awful the Steelers looked against the Titans.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Wow. No Sunday Ticket. The things we take for granted here.

We NY'ers are used to having other fans around, even in the same household since we have two of each sport. Given that 95% of Pittsburghers are Steeler fans, I can see why they wouldn't part with the cash. I'm surprised Direct TV doesn't cut them a lower price being that the market for it is softer.

BTW, I love Church Brew Works out there. been there a couple of time. Not to watch the Jets however...