Becton not looking good

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jul 25, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah and they will get criticized for such decisions.

Becton pulled himself out because of concerns about the turf by the way. His knee was fine allegedly

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I agree but that player will always be open to criticism. That said, the Jets staff told Becton he was fine last camp even though he was experiencing discomfort in his surgically repaired knee and then the next thing you know he injured it again.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Criticism is part of life in the public eye.

4. bicketybam

I'm agreeing with you, believe it or not

stinkyB and Ralebird like this.
  5. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. We are a few weeks from the season and he's still having knee issues, if he can feel the issue on the turf (something he said) then his knee is not fine. I have 0 issue with players pulling themselves, it should be a right. It's also time to recognize that Becton cannot stay healthy and is unreliable. He was at odds with the medical staff since he got here his rookie year. It just has never added up with him.

6. bicketybam

Becton looking like the best OL in camp so far. Has there been a Duane Brown sighting yet? If they truly believe Brown will be ready for the first game then they should be getting getting Becton some time at RT because Brown has never played that position.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  7. bicketybam

What a comeback for the big guy. Let's hope he stays healthy and has a great year!

8. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Very happy with this news.

bicketybam likes this.
  9. bicketybam

Becton has bought in. Love to see this. [​IMG]

NY Jets68 likes this.
  10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well what choice does he have, though? He’s in a contract year. He needs to ball out. I get from a financial standpoint from his end it sucks…going into free agency as a left tackle is better than going into it as right tackle, but what can he do? He’s missed too many games and needs to play.

Honestly, if he balls out even as a RT instead of a LT, I’m sure he’d get the opportunity to switch to the left side next. Year, whether here or with another team

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

12. bicketybam

Many here claimed he wouldn't even make the team this year. All of a sudden he's our starting right tackle. If Grandpa Brown could play another position, Becton would be our starting left tackle.

There's a difference between a guy that gets hurt every 3rd game with a different injury....a shoulder, a back, a leg. But Becton has had a single injury to a knee that took two years to fix. He deserves a year to see if he is constantly hurt in other areas before we claim he's "injury prone."

Right now, as long as he healthy, he's the best tackle we have. Just like the people that shit on the "Zach Truthers" there are people that need to nut up and realize they were wrong about Becton. Let's see at the end of the season how he performs at RT. He might make the Wirfs stans eat a ton of crow.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I mean you can plant the victory flag when he plays a solid year of tackle. I wouldn’t exactly call people out because he’s going to start over Turner and Mitchell.

The Jets need to protect him early and often with chips and tightends so he can get his legs under him and gain some confidence.

RochesterJet likes this.
  14. bicketybam

It's not really a victory flag. I'm just saying he is a major part of this team. If you want victory flags, just go to the Zach Wilson thread. You'll see plenty there.