Becton Looks Great

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Jul 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Saleh said a “minimum of 4-6 weeks”. I have no reason Becton’s knee would heal quicker than an average man therefore a minimum of 4-6 weeks was and is accurate.

Schefter said “4-6 weeks”
    Saleh said a “minimum of 4-6 weeks”

Words matter.

Ralebird and WilsonJetsFan like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

TBH in that picture he looks thinner than he did in last years camp. We'll know if he can bounce back soon enough.

cval likes this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Schefter and Rapoport are the two most connected reporters in the league and people think they're googling injury timelines rather than contacting the teams. I don't even know what to say anymore lol.

The mental gymnastics people are doing to arrive at any conclusion other than the obvious one...

4. REVISion

Becton's on month 10 of not practicing.

5. KingRoach

Or Becton has only missed 2 offseason practice sessions/ activities but has been able to work out and exercise at wil

Same facts different perspectives of what those facts do or don’t mean.(there weren’t even practices available in 5 out of the 10 months you reference)

We only have another couple weeks to see if missing those meaningless sessions were clues to a bigger problem or red herrings to keep the conspiracy wing flapping.

Can’t wait

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I guess, but its been like 50 weeks now so they matter less in that context. Maybe week 7, he's not back and your point is relevant. But that's long gone

Stevied likes this.
  7. REVISion

Saleh said the knee is 100% and isn't the reason Becton didn't practice at minicamp.

8. KingRoach

You think a minimum of 6 is code for maximum of 7? Seriously dude, words matter.

Are you suggesting that if the NFL was a 52 week league, Becton would still be out?

My view is that after a certain amount of time, you give up on (Becton returning to) the 2021 season and look to the 2022 season. I don’t see how Becton doing agility drills in April helps anyone.

Maybe Gase would have found a way to get Becton back on the field for game 18 last year, but I’m glad Saleh didn’t.

If Becton isn’t fully participating in practices in a few weeks, let’s talk again then.

9. KingRoach

And today is Thursday.

Both very poignant observations.

Good job.

I was under the impression you were attributing Becton’s lack of practice to the knee and slower than hoped for recovery time. My bad.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

1) No, but 50 weeks is a lot different than 7 weeks

2) We will find out, practice starts soon. I dont think Becton is game ready, do you? But you are right we will talk again soon.

I think its interesting that you say "Maybe Gase would have found a way to get Becton back on the field for game 18 last year, but I’m glad Saleh didn’t." - - -I have no idea why you would suggest that and I dont think Saleh is the reason Becton didn't return

11. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Well I don’t think he was being literal with that “7” part. I don’t think anyone is going to hold a doctor to a, “you’ll be 100% next Thursday at 3pm” kind of diagnosis. There’s room for some level of variance. But a 4-6 week minimum recovery goes to 40 (or whatever the number is) that’s not common. Surgeons try and set realistic expectations, and I would actually argue most would “under-promise, over deliver”. Makes them look good to patients/staff/etc, while also keeping said patient from burning up the office phone lines on a regular basis demanding an update.

REVISion likes this.
  12. Stevied

Unfortunately Schefter Rapoport Group of Orthopedic Surgeons weren’t the ones diagnosing him. They were relaying to us the what Becton’s coach/doctors told them.

REVISion likes this.
  13. Stevied

The more this guy talks/posts, it further solidifies my belief that if his recovery was GREATLY underestimated, he or his minions would be screaming that from the rooftops!

14. KingRoach

I do think Revsion was being literal.

You assume we’re in recovery week 40. I make no such assumption.

The Jets brought in a team of professionals to make sure their players train the right way. I don’t know why the team would want Becton to skip other activities and jump right into drills.

Surgeons do like to set realistic expectations. I didn’t hear from Becton’s surgeon.

Reporters like to get tue scoop. I heard from a reporter.

Coaches like to stay optimistic. I heard from the coach.

If Becton did everything we’d hope he would have done to speed up his recovery, we probably would have seen his return last year… but he didn’t. Does that merit the concerns and labels? I don’t think so. Not at this time, at least.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

FJF and abyzmul like this.
  16. KingRoach

1. I don’t believe Becton is in recovery. See point 2.

2. Indeed

3. To clarify; Becton is the reason Becton wasn’t ready to come back. I was implying that Gase was the type of coach to rush someone who isn’t ready, back into the starting lineup.

17. BrowningNagle

I dont really think the head coach has much say in the injury status and recovery process of a player either way.

I do think we can both agree that Saleh was disappointed in the availability of his left tackle, through his commentary and his decision to put his starting position up for grabs

KingRoach likes this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yep, He actually looks thinner and more solid than when he was drafted. More muscle less fat. But, pictures be damned. I love how some crap all over him based on rumors of perceived weight, pictures and one frame videos, proclaiming grave concern, but when a picture of him looking damned good pops up, is “means nothing, show me in training camp”.
    No shit, I said that four months ago, that is the case no matter how the fuck you look in pictures. Looks are deceiving either way, It’s on the field performance that counts. I cant begin to list the number of players across the league that looked like muscle Gods before training camp, and fail miserably on the field while the fat lineman’s kick ass.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man. That one is hard to dispute.

LAJet and stinkyB like this.
  20. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Ralebird likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.