Beat the New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeJet, Nov 16, 2009.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I was just making a statement. At this rate I don't expect this team to win more than 5-7 games. All I was saying is if the jets somehow manage to upset the pats next week (not expecting that to happen at all), then we are one game back in the AFCE with 6 games to go and the tiebreaker over NE.

2. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Beating New England on the road could ignite this team to go undefeated the rest of the season.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm still hanging around my initial expectation for an 8-8 season - I think that the Jets will start performing better in the final 4 games and probably steal a game or two that they aren't expected to win. Some of the players on this team, defense in particular, needs a dose of humbling to focus them. And hopefully that leads into a strong start for the Jets in 2010 after a full season under the Rex Regime.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

NE was much more terrible than we were yesterday. They had the game in their hands and couldn't finish it off giving up 21 pts in less than 15 minutes. If the had played like that the entire game, they would have given up 84 pts. Of course, it doesn't work that way, but whatever. We lost a seesaw game. NE lost a game that was won.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yup. Indeed. Just like last year...

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

that's a good point. All I know is I'll watch, but I can't really muster up much in the way of expectation at this point. Kind of curious how Sanchez and the O play in a really hostile environment.

7. In TB We Trust

In TB We Trust New Member

That statement is a joke right? You can't seriously think the Pats played worse than the Jets. If you do then you really know nothing about football and your a Jets fan and not actually a football fan. I don't know who's going to win the game on Sunday, anything can happen, but your comment is ignorant.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

huh??? i think you did that on purpose but i can't be sure

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Theoretically, would you take a W vs NE and lose every game the rest of the season... or a L to NE and win out?

Me... I'd take the W over NE... just because I hate NE that much. More wins would be nice too... but this is the one I'm hoping for an upset.

10. stanner

stanner Member

this. i'm in massachusetts; that would give me ammo for months.

11. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Since losing to NE and winning every other game would leave us at 10-6 and in a potential wild card spot I would take that in a heartbeat.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I haven't even read the OP yet but I fully stand behind this thread. Even if we drop every game after this week, I'll take it with a win against Patriots. Going into Foxboro and twisting the knife just a little bit more after their loss to the Colts would give me enough satisfaction for the rest of the season.

13. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

what? You guys are crazy...winning out after losing to NE would potentially put us in the playoffs....that kind of experience for Sanchez would be without price...

14. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

There's a better chance for the Browns to win the remainder of their games and go 9-7 then the Jets do beating the Pats.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I highly doubt a 10-6 record with a 7-5 conference record gets a wildcard this season. 11-5 or bust.

It's about the development of Sanchez and our rookie HC right now. Enjoy the ride.

16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

the jets lose the games you expect them to win and vice versa, i woulndt be surprised if we won the game, but at the same time, im expecting the worst.

17. Ted

Ted Member

1st round bye? :rofl:

The Colts and amazingly the Bengals have that all but locked up. The Jets won't make the playoffs.

18. Ted

Ted Member

I'll go a step further and say it will be a repeat of last year. An 11-5 team may not get in.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i said the board will be talking 1st round byes, not it actually happening.

This place can get dumb and i was making a joke

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

divisional games have to be treated differently.

the absurdity of the Fins beating the Jets 3 times in a row = the absurdity of the Jets beating the Pats three times in a row.