Bart Scott

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Nov 30, 2011.

1. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

seriously. guy is a total bust. lets put #28Martin out there, instead. His insane knowledge of the game should surely be an upgrade over this bum we know as "bart scott" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Scott's been better lately. He's still not that good and is extremely overpaid. Sorry if this offends you.... Go call up WFAN and tell Carton, Boomer or Francesa how good you think Scott is... Would like to hear them laugh in your face.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Backing off of extreme position with douchey overtone.

Good execution.

4. Petey

Petey Active Member

True. I'm sure we're all in agreement that those guys, especially Mike Francesa, are incredibly knowledgeable about football and the Jets.

5. #28Martin

They make 7 figures to talk sports every day.... They know enough. And Boomer is a former NFL MVP, think he knows something about football. Hey, the Jets screwed up. If they chose Ray Lewis over Scott, they'd have a better defense. It happens. Listen, ever since Can't Wait Bart Scott bounced off Mendenhall a couple dozen times in the playoff game, he's lost alot with me. Yes, he's been better the past two games but I wasn't looking for them to sign a guy to that kind of contract, whose description is,,, "oh you can't look at his stats to see his effectiveness." Not for that money.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Nah, I prefer posting here and laughing in your face and pointing out how wrong you are about just about everything you post.

Hey, Revis had no picks last year, guess that means he sucks, right? Since you couldn't see his effectiveness in his stats. /#28martin logic.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yeah let's go by the word of a guy who HATES Rex Ryan, won't admit the Jets have a good defense despite being ranked #1 in 2009, and won't give anything Jets related any credit at all. Good call #28martin!

8. #28Martin

This has to be the worst post of all time. Please tell me your joking. Revis had no picks cause they never threw at him.... Scott,,, they don't try to avoid him. C'mon, call up that bad luck charm Beningo, tell him what you think of Scott. He ain't into Scott, either. I mean Bart can't wait.... Let's see him do something vs. the Eagles..... I wanta see it... Get it done....

9. #28Martin

Not just him... Boomer, Carton, Beningo,,, they all know that while Bart can't wait, he ain't so hot, either... Hey, I wish he was Ray Lewis.... Jets screwed up, it happens. All that money for a guy who you can't look at the stats to see his effectiveness. Not my fault.

Forget about the can't wait man... Harris is really good,,, Pace is solid (though I wish he'd get to the QB once in a while),,,, no need to be all defensive about a situational LB making 8 billion dollars a year.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

God your just awful. Scott had one of if not his best year last year and has played well so far this year. Stats are not everything. If his jobs not to rush the passer how do you expect him to get sacks. How do you not understand how the Jets defense works?

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Educate yourself.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/12/30/probing-the-pro-bowl-a-10-pack-of-serious-snubs/

10. Bart Scott, ILB, Jets

You can’t help but feel sorry for Bart Scott. He does so much for the Jets run defense, blowing up so many runs that it makes you think they (or we) just invent a stat just for that. As it is he’s a guy who doesn’t have a lot of tackles, sacks or interceptions so he doesn’t get the attention he deserves. But if there’s one player the Jets defense couldn’t afford to lose, it’s this guy. And that’s a pretty big statement to make.

12. #28Martin

Nah, I understand it perfectly.... He's supposed to be a run stopper. He takes on blocks for Harris... Know all about it... He still does little. You know what he does? He shows lack of speed on these RB's grabbing the edge on them and then chases the Mcfadden's of the world into the endzone... That's why this Eagle game worries me so much. Eagles have alot of team speed on offense and the Jets are gonna rely on Can't Wait Scott and the last time the Jets relied on Can't Wait Scott in a big game, Mendenhall looked like Jim Brown....

Please don't paste pro football talk quotes like that makes it fact... I could paste a book in this thread saying how Bart Scott isn't that good.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

How is that the worst post of all time? Because I was using your logic? I'm sorry you don't understand things like a player doing the dirty work for a defense and not racking up big stats.

Revis had no stats last year so that must mean he sucks by your logic. There is no stat for "blowing up a run so someone else can make a tackle". If there were, you'd be able to see how well Scott has been playing. But since you don't understand those concepts, and need fancy numbers to be put in your face, I don't know what to tell you.

And if you are looking for the true worst post of all time, I imagine this would be a good place to start your search: http://forums.theganggreen.com/search.php?searchid=613532

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

lol oh the only time the Jets relied on Scott was the Steelers game.. of course! More excellent 28Martin logic right there.

Come on guys.. Mike Francesa doesn't like him.. and he makes over a million dollars a year!!! That means Bart Scott sucks! BOOM!!

15. #28Martin

It's the worst post of all-time cause Revis's lack of interceptions last season, were mainly cause the opponents respected him so much that they never threw at him.

No opponent formulates any game plan to stay away from Scott.

So it's a ridiculous comment.

16. #28Martin

Forget Francesa,,,, Carton, Jet fan doesn't like um... Boomer, ex Jet, doesn't like um. Beningo, Jet fan doesn't think he's so hot.... Wake up,,, guys ordinary and at that money, geez.... could have had Ray Lewis, an impact player. Not this guy, doing the grunt work and making superstar money.

Thought the Jets were getting a stud when they signed this guy,,, not a rotational player who can't cover or tackle... C'mon.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

How do you formulate a game plan to stay away from a middle linebacker? The guy in the middle of the field involved in nearly every running play?

Also, wouldn't spreading the Jets out with multiple receivers knowing Scott comes off in favor of a d-back, instead of running the ball or using a base offensive set, be the very definition of "avoiding Bart Scott"? Because that's what teams do.

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

So Bart Scott can't tackle. Really?

And Craig Carton doesn't like him.. wow. That's just terrible. It must mean Scott really sucks since he does so much film work and breaks down Bart's performance week after week.

Then you flat out dismiss a service like PFF that grades out every play of every game and ranks Scott extremely high. For some reason, I'm gonna go ahead and take their judgment more seriously than yours, since they actually watch what's going on and know what they're seeing.

19. #28Martin

I want to see a big game outta him this weekend.... Not one of those, don't notice him except when standing next to Rex during passing down games.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Well you wouldn't know if Bart Scott was playing well, so what's the point. You might as well just start complaining about what a bad game he had since you didn't know what he was doing out there anyway.