Bart Scott

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Nov 30, 2011.

1. AFCBEAST

AFCBEAST New Member

Overrated IMO, we paid more for him because we needed him coming with Rex. He was worth it his first year or two, now we are paying based on past performance.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Bart Scott is reminding me a bit of when Brian Cox first came to the team way back when. Gave the defense attitude and a edge. In the end, the team parted ways with Cox and eventually, they'll part ways with Scott and Leonard.

3. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

The lack of football knowledge in this thread is astounding.

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Anyone hear Carton this morning talking about Scott? He was stinging. I wish someone would have called and said, "oh you don't know the game,, he does other things," so Carton could have laughed him off the phone. Guy's right on it.

5. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Because Craig Carton is the end all be all in terms of football knowledge. I like the guy, but he knows shit about dick.

6. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

How is that every single comment you make is retarded? No matter the thread topic. Even on the rare occasion you stumble across something factual. Even a blind squirrel finds a but every once in awhile but amazingly, not you. Every letter, every syllable, every word, every sentence is complete drivel.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I find it amazing that people believe we are a better team without Bart Scott.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Glad you brought that up. Never listed to his show but at least now I know Carton is a football idiot & wasn't worth listening to anyway. This team is better when Bart is on the field unless Jets need a nickel/dime out there.

Bart is over-paid is a legit argument.
    [Bart today] < [Bart that joined] is a fact.
    Bart sucks is stupid.
    D is better without him is stupid.

Read my previous post.
    Read this link put up early in the thread --> http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...nd-the-tackle/

How is this not sinking in? Why the heck aren't you reading any of the rebuttals & just venting the same stupid points over & over again?

9. Milliner is your Mommy

People love the flashy stats and don't understand how much goes unnoticed in a football game. The people who say Bart sucks are the same people who complain that our 3-4 D line does not produce enough of a pass rush.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Let the Josh Mauga era begin!

11. #28Martin

Why does every comment you make have to be personal and why do you act like some authority when in fact you really aren't?

Bart Scott is not effective, deal with it. I wish he was Lawrence Taylor in his prime,,, but he's not. No need for you to get all personal based on the fact that you don't like the truth.

I mean for a guy who in your eyes is so wrong, I've hit the nail on the head all season, whether you want to admit it or not. Pre-season, I said Cotchery could be cut,,, got jumped on it,, then the guy got cut and basically if you watch him play this season, is basically on the tail end.... Man was I wrong on that one.

Pre-season I said that if Bart Scott wasn't one of Rex's guys, based purely on contract combined with performance, he could bet cut. Got jumped on that. Now, it's all but a given that you won't see Scott on the Jets next season, unless he takes a major pay cut....

Pre-season said they cut too many of the team leaders. That guys like Richardson. Ellis, Faneca, Jones, Woody, even Ihedigbo and Coleman were gonna be missed to much in the leadership department. Then all you did is read articles after that on how the team lacks leadership and screwed up showing ALL those guys the door.

Sorry that being right so many times bothers you. Maybe come up with some productive things to say, no?

And just to clarify, I don't remember seeing anyone saying they were better without Scott on the field. Just that he isn't that good. He's still better then what they have behind him.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Its like you're as argumentative as Junc but as dumb as Milcus. Apparently every player who has ever been cut in the last 2 years was a team leader.

13. #28Martin

Most were... I'll put it this way,,, if you see a player at the end of the game, in the lockerroom on the post game leading them in the ,"and the home of the JETS!!!!," that guy will probably be gone the next season. No one is saying alot of those guys should have been cut or were past their prime,,, but not everyone of them. Team has no chemistry now, it's obvious.

I'll tell ya this,, if they still had Faneca, TRich and Woody, they'd be running the ball ALOT better,, that I know. They used to beat DL's up. Now they have Hunter getting run past.

#53 #28Martin, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  14. Milliner is your Mommy

Yea too bad we don't have a 40 year old fullback who wanted to retire, a 34 year old O linemen coming off surgeries who wanted to retire, and a almost 35 year old linemen who was awful in pass protection is his last season and had everyone on this board out for his head in 09. Sometimes you have to cut people towards the end of their careers. Hunter is awful but we should have brought someone in to play RT not kept a guy who can barely stand and wanted to retire.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't think i'd go that far but nobody is going to change my mind on the fact that he never lived up to his hype when we first signed him.
    The "stats don't tell the full story" argument is just an excuse for underachievement in my opinion.

The fact that it's always argued that the pass rush in Rex's defense comes from the LB's as opposed to the D-linemen just emphasizes the desperate need to get better at that position in the off season.

16. #28Martin

NONE OF THEM wanted to retire. They were forced to retire cause the Jets wanted to pay them nothing. And a friend of mine said he heard that they didn't sign a OL cause Woody Johnson cheaped out and cause of the PSL's not all being sold, said no.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Oh your friend heard that then it must be true!!! Even if they didn't want to retire notice how fucking no one wanted to even take a look at them. If they didnt want to retire how come they aren't playing now? Cus no one wants a 40 year old fullback and a 34 year old O linemen coming off knee surgery. If Woody Johnson is cheap then how come he spent so much last year when there was no cap. You are wrong so much its laughable.

18. #28Martin

First off, I thought you were cool and obviously you're the opposite. Second off, the reason they didn't sign with other teams cause in the NFL these days, veterans who get cut really aren't offered more then the minimum. Best chance for a vet to make good money is to be kept on his team. Secondly, cause youre a f-in know it all, then it has to be not true? No need to make it personal.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

I dont claim to be a know at all but Im rational. I absolutely love T Rich and Damien Woody. They were great players but moving on from them was the right move and to argue against that is crazy. Damien Woody said himself that he couldn't play. T Rich is 40! 40 year olds. The only reason he played last year was to mentor our new young FB. Of course the best chance for a vet to make good money is by staying on their team but that does not mean they deserve it. It doesn't have to not be true but Id bet a lot of money on it. Its hearsay. I hear shit all the time but I don't believe it because I look at the source. People hear stuff all the time but where is he hearing that. Woody Johnson was out telling people that and it someone got to your friend? Im done arguing with you for the time being I have to go to for a few hours now.

20. #28Martin

Woody on the radio said he would have comeback if his salary wasn't cut. I'm not saying they should have kept everyone of these guys. Just saying they could have kept say 2 of them and had more team leadership and chemistry. The current OL plus Faneca and Woody would still be ground and pound cause both those guys could still run block (Faneca couldn't pass block at the end). The current OL now is ground and suck.

And one thing about Woody Johnson. Don't think he's this great great guy. He's all about the PSL's.