Bart Scott

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ManlyGenius, Oct 3, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/broken_line_DLZTFKYNIJFpBblCl4WrvN

No, not really,,, just been basically saying this.... You know what you can do with your dopey formula up there.... I know what I see. An overrated player who couldn't cover me. But he can't wait.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Can you help, what the hell does that article have to do with Bart Scott?

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

And you know what I see? A dopey fan who doesn't understand football and "can't wait" to be the center of attention on a Jets forum to feel important.

And what you don't see is a player who is the key to one of the best run defenses in the NFL 3 years running (the Oakland game aside).

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Seriously, joking aside, you know what soured me on Scott a little? The Steeler playoff game, cause they were outphysicaled.

5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Firstly, as an overall response to thread, The entire defense looked slow and injured because they were on the field the entire game. Its that simple.

As to the mentally checking out, I think its quite the opposite. I think he starts the fights to get the team and himself back into fighting mode. Not only does it slow the flow of the game when we are getting beat up, but its necessary from a mental standpoint to keep that fight. I think he uses it as a tool to keep himself and his team focused instead of dejected and tired.

Bart Scott is the epitome of football player to me.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Some tough talk from some internet keyboard warrior. I would pay money to see you go one on one against Bart Scott, that would be hilarious.

7. AFCBEAST

AFCBEAST New Member

He's getting blown up IMO, never thought he was worth his contract although some of it is priceless like knowing Rex's system.
    I too will never forget the bone head penalties he single handy made to cause balt to lose to the pats in 07

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

You mean the penalty he got AFTER the Pats scored a TD in 07 that game to go ahead? How did that cost them the game?

9. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

IMO Bart has looked slow this year and is consistently out of position. Then that could be said with a few of the Jets LBers sans David Harris.

Scott is still a damn good LBer just not this year atleast not yet.Tanny has to draft younger faster LBers in next years draft.

10. TheGreenCantona

Speaking about misdirected focus. I would say bart is about no 20 on our lists of problems

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Bart has been out of position or overrun a play like twice this year.. it just always sticks out in a big way because they are highlight runs by players like McFadden or Ray Rice, who 95% of linebackers in the NFL will struggle with.

Outside of Revis, Bart Scott has arguably been our best defensive player this year.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

It isn't worth it. Most fans do not understand his role within the defense. They think he should have "stats" like Harris. Bart never will.............

13. since83

since83 Member

ding ding ding ding ding!!!!!!
    jackpot jackpot jackpot jackpot!!!!!!

just like mo lewis on the downside. too stiff and too slow.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Barts been great this year are you guys serious? Id say he has almost played better then Harris has. Harris has made a few bigger plays but thats because Bart gives him the ability to do so.

15. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

It's funny, because sometimes I come to this board and feel like I either know shit about football or I'm not watching games closely enough, because Bart has looked better to me this year than last year. I thought he's been pretty damn effective. Has his missed tackles? Sure, who the fuck doesn't. But I thought his overall quality of play has been impressive.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Me too I feel like he has done exactly what he has in the last 2 years plus he has made a couple big plays. He has made 2 or 3 missed tackles but everyone has including Harris. People just need to complain about everyone.

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Vontaze burfict please.

Scott is not overrated. He's made this defense work the last 2 yrs However age is catching up with him to the point he will not be worth the 8 or. 9 mil a yr he's getting. (Pretty sure that's his avg salary)

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No, he gets a free pass on here. You have unpopular or incorrect opinions and he loves to jump on that wagon.

#78 CJLang, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  19. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

You should really be a moderator here. You are good at this.

20. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

His cap cost for 2011 and 2012 is between 5 and 6 million each year. His cap hit for 2013 and 2014 is between 8 and 9 million each year, with almost no dead money if he is cut in 2013.

I am pretty damn sure the Jets will ask him to restructure after the 2012 season. The details on his contract can be found here, http://nyjetscap.com/bartscott.html