Bart Scott on Jim Rome in minutes (4:37 pm EST)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Mar 3, 2009.

1. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Cimini? some pretentious fuck from the New Yorker?

2. Ravensfan06

Ravensfan06 New Member

This Rex pandemonium is a bit crazy. He definitely has a great chance to be a good coach, and I don't mean to piss in your cereal, but he did get turned down by numerous teams in 2006, and then the Ravens in 2007.

3. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

thanks, cool interview I liked Scott's persona.

god, someone get Jim Rome the hell off the air. how is he hosting a sports show and not any body else in the nation?

he's made for Fox Sports and their goofy personalities.

he's so awkward it's like awarding OJ Simpson a good semaritan award each and every show

4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

yea as far as i'm concerned Rex is a bit overrated right now and it's all talk so far. He'll definately be good, no doubt, but people speak as if the man is going to win us 2 superbowls next year.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...c'mon buddy - you know if the Ravens would've hired Rex Ryan over Harbaugh you'd be on dreaming about tossing Ryan's salad every night.

The guy's run a DOMINANT defense for a very, very long time.

6. Ravensfan06

Ravensfan06 New Member

He took over a defense that had been good for a very, very long time, and then continued the success for an additional three years.

Listen, I loved Rex when he was in Baltimore, and I'm not at all bitter about him leaving as we've replaced many coaches before and we knew this was going to happen eventually, but teams were turned off by something for a few years even though he gave stellar interviews just like how he gives stellar press conferences.

Just remember that when Rex took over as our coordinator, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Terrell Suggs, Chris McAlister and Kelly Gregg were all already on the team. Furthermore, Rex didn't change many schemes from when Nolan was the coordinator, and the defense the year before was ranked 5th overall.

#26 Ravensfan06, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There are plenty of skeptics on this board about how successful Ryan is going to be, but in the offseason there isn't much in terms of results to go by. Player acquisitions and interviews and pressers, that's it. If you stick around and keep an eye on the board when he hits his first rough patches, you will see those skeptics come out of the woodwork.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I think most fans are expecting a top 3 defense out of the gate next season, not realizing we don't have that kind of elite talent on the roster.

When this team is 4th against the run and 14th in passing for a 11th overall rating, people are going to be complaining that the defense isn't good enough..

If the QB situation is continuously messy during Ryan's tenure, the negative nutjobs will be all over this board.

9. ........

........ Trolls

How did this turn into a discussion of hats? I personally prefer the look of a good tricorner or fez.

I actually thought the most telling part of the show came after the interview in the Rex-love portion. The Jets are an immediate contender this year because of Rex? He's started a trend immediately that other teams are going to follow in his passion for signing his players? I don't know about either one, but it's nice to hear Jets love in the offseason.

10. ........

........ Trolls

The talent is there among the starters, but as of now we don't have enough depth up front to be top 5. I agree, most people are expecting nothing less. I'm hoping we can build enough depth in the draft to have a shot at the top 5, but we also have to fill the hole at WR and draft a developmental RB and LG.

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Take back the contract and tell him to leave :)

12. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

that's illegal in 49 states...

13. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

In a related story, the Pacific Ocean is wet.

14. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Yes indeed and those same skeptics will also call for us to re-hire Herm Edwards.

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

What mountain?!

16. CrackTheSky

CrackTheSky New Member

Not the whole story

The Rex pandemonium being legit or not is one thing, but I think your take on it is kind of weak respectfully. To my way of thinking, the best of the best in any professional field are continually perfecting their craft, learning, growing, and preparing for their ultimate goal; in this case being a head coach in the NFL. Haven't you ever been way more prepared for something after failing at it a couple of times? Failure is a part of what all leaders go thru along the way, many times its the failures that drive future success. Anyway, just because Ryan wasn't ready in 2006, doesn't make him not ready in 2009. Four years have passed with him gaining valuable experience as a coach, and as a interviewee obviously. The Jets were said to be blown away by the guys interview, meaning he is a smart guy and learned how to interview thru the ones that didn't work out before. We get the 2009 Rex that learned from the 2006 Rex, if that makes sense.

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

We've had panzy ass coaches for a while now...

This guy speaks his mind and ATTACKS opponents...

That's a breath of fresh air.... Of course he'll need to win but, yeah right now I'm in pandemoniumium no matter who "turned him down".

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I missed the interview but he sounds like a solid guy who has his wits about him.

Speaking of the motor city, maybe he can light a fire under another Detroit native, V Gholston.

19. Ravensfan06

Ravensfan06 New Member

This is a solid post, and I'll agree that he has probably improved in many aspects, but he has always been a great interviewer, so there was something unknown to the fans that turned teams off repeatedly.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Rex is an aggressive guy by nature....some teams could've been "put off" by that alone...who knows... It's all useless speculation anyways.