barlow over duckett.....why?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I hope McCareins and a pick are packages together so we can bring in some help at DT.

2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Can someome please show a total comparison thread... With everything

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

What in the hell is wrong with some of you guys? Hear is how I see some of you on this board..

You guys complaine that the Jets "need to go out and get somebody, we cant have RBBC, Blaylock sucks, Houston will never be a #1 back, Curtis is done...."

Then we go out and get a guy, consider that camp has started and that FA is over and picked through, and you still bitch like 12 year old girls getting their period for the first time. What do you guys propose we do? Oh get Duckett? If we did that half of you guys who are bitching that we did not get him, would be the same ones bitching that we got him....again WFT is wrong with you guys?
    Sorry if I ranted but man; i get so sick of reading the boards and hearing guys just shoot their mouths off with no logic...If you want logic I will educate some of you...

1) Curtis....who knows when or if he comes back? really I dont think the coaching staff even knows, nor does Curtis fopr that matter

2) We drafted a guy in the 3rd round last year and in the 4th this year, and a guy that has produced when given a chance (blaylock), who knows with an oppertunity they could end up being the real deal?

3) We try to make a trade and relize, we made a hasty decision.

4) we look at the FA market and laugh....look at other trade oppertunities and find out we will vastly overpay for some guys (Duckett) and that they minght be a FA after the year ends.

5) we get a team that is in worse shape that us to trade with us, 4th rounder for a starting RB that has fallen out of favor with the organization, we take a chance on the guy, a guy who is 27 and is signed for the next 3 years. Very little risk..

We DID the RIGHT THING GUYS...If you ask me Barlow remindes me of Cory Dillon and is mutch, mutch, better than Duckett (you guys would kill him the way he tip toes to the line, not deciseve at 250lbs) let it play out. Just put the tampon in and wait till next month

#23 RochesterJet, Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2005
  4. jetglass

jetglass New Member

I know this sounds crazy but we would have had to give up JMAC for Duckett. J-MAC had a terrible year last year but so did the whole team. When Chad was there two seasons ago, JMAC performed fairly well.

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

the way ive read the deal for barlow was, a conditional pick. 4th rounder, but up to a second round pick based upon performance. now, i think we wont be giving up anymore than a 3rd because i dont buy into barlow. but if he can cost us a second round pick, thats a tough pill to swallow. we still have holes that need filling, and i know im not alone in the belief that the jets go rb in round 1 in april 07. but for barlow to cost us more than a fourth would be a steal on friscos part, especially if gore stays healthy and has a season he is capable of having.

i am just really having a hard time believing in the newly put together front office. the johnny abes deal was a fucking disaster in my opinion. how do you trade a top 5 pass rusher for pick 29??!! not to mention the "compensation" we got for a head coach that got us to the playoffs more often than not. its rediculous. say what you want, but from a gm perspective, ole mikey has a lot to prove. him and bradway should have been out on their collective asses.

6. RochesterJet

Are you even a Jets fan or just a troll? Every post Iv seen from you is a bitch session...Dont even start with the ABE deal...we are lucky to have gotten a #1 for him...do you know what his cap # would have been this year? Dont shoot your mouth off without the facts, this FO has done an admerable job to date...Herm? what do you think we should have gotten for him then guy? Oh? probably a first or 2nd?

Sorry bro but wake up...we are doing the right things, it feels uncomfertable because we have done the wrong things for so long...peradime shift

7. Tight

Tight Active Member

Guy, its time to let it go. Abe is gone, hes not coming back. Barlow is a jet now, there is nothing we can do. Let's move on, we have a good team here. and the negativity is not needed.

8. RochesterJet

Im with you, I am excited to see #31 hit the hole, and see our 29th pick help to lead the way....and our 4th rounder return kicks and be a 3rd down back. Thats what the NFL is......change is essential

9. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

One more thing on the Herm to KC deal though.... It wasn't the current FO that agreed to the compensation. It was Bradway. Plus we had no leverage with Abe and were fortunate to get a first rounder.

Anyway, I have a question. I read in the thread (I think) that Barlow's money isn't guaranteed. Does that mean he could be cut with no cap ramifications next year?

10. TITANS63

TITANS63 Banned

Typical reaction Jets fans are never happy some like the fact the Jets do what they do no matter draft day or off season or during season.Some wear Jets clothes just to get a reaction from people.

GLOOM AND DOOM is all they know!

11. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Yes, that's the way NFL contracts are.

#31 Sinjz, Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2005
  12. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Why is Irv editting my posts?!?! :)

13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

You're joking, right? We were lucky to get a first rounder for Abe. Not to mention they were originally offering a second rounder until Tannenbaum bullied ATL into a 3-way trade that sent us the 29th pick. That's the problem with some people on this board. You want it all without giving a thing.

14. RochesterJet

I hate these guys too, no wonder we get a bad rap with other teams fans. I guess its universal though, each team has "that guy or guys" who are never happy with the team, their job, their 2 incher, their wife....Just go the the pub and drink it off buddy

15. TITANS63

TITANS63 Banned

Be careful or we will get punished for not agreeing with the good ole boys.

16. RochesterJet

Just go buy some wranglers and stetson on your way to pick up a 30 of keystone....Oh, by the way, did you get you tree stand up yet and how much did that fake deer in you back yard run you?

17. TITANS63

TITANS63 Banned

Thats no fake deer its a petrified one from last year.Me and my cousin i mean my uncle i mean my brother we are longtime Jet fans.We surely dont complain every move they make.We like football momma does too.Win or lose we stand by our team no matter what they do.

18. RochesterJet

When I saw the news yesterday, I was really excited...seriously...I think Barlow is going to suprise some people around here. I really did not want Duckett, to quote another poster " is has Ron Dayne written all over him". ATL would never have given him to us for less than a 2nd, they are still mad we got the better of them on the ABE deal.

19. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

ok, the herm thing is a bit much. but barlow is not the answer. i know the depth at rb is thin, and any help is help needed. the abe thing, it urks me. no doubt about it. they should have, at the very least, ended up with the highest draft pick in that deal. im sour on it, and will stay that way.

20. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Agreed. It seems like it would be a done deal, McCareins and maybe a late rounder for Duckett. I'm guessing ATL wanted way too much.