Banning College Football

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Dirty6Sanchez, May 10, 2012.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

College football players are among the worst-compensated segments of the labor market that exist. They are essentially an unpaid minor league for the NFL. The odds of making it to the pros and cashing in are extremely low, as are the odds of actually finishing school and getting a degree to cash in on that scholarship.

No sane parent lets their kid dive into a pool with no water. Pretty soon that's the way people are going to look at letting their kid play football. Its just not a smart way to have your kid get exercise.

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

The money schools make off of it are insane.

I think long before the banning of college football happens (which i agree is DECADES away), you will see schools just taking out large insurance policies.

I mean the odds of catastrophic injury is pretty low.

And I truthfully think that the long term injuries (ie Junior Seau) is much much much more likely for guys who do it for a career, in the REAL long term.

But I think the progression is going to be just deal with and pay for the lawsuits (theyre not THAT common, and hell youll still make a profit), then itll lead into huge special insurance policies that they bundle to protect themselves with (im sure they already have something very similar already, it would just be more advanced)

Im much more worried about the NFL atm though. College football at least is tons of greedy parties competing, which means the odds are it will never die. But the NFL is a dictatorship and Goodell is the king bitch atm.

He wants the NFL to just consist of QBs, WRs, and nobody else

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

check out the sports page in today's NY Times.