Baker's Early 1st Round Mock Draft(With Trades~!)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BakerMaker, Jan 7, 2013.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Trades:
    - CLE trades the 6th pick and a 2013 6th round pick to SD for the 11th pick, 2013 and 2014 3rd round picks of SD.
    - NYJ trades the 9th pick to CAR for 14th pick, 2013 4th round pick, 2013 5th round pick, and 2014 3rd round pick.
    - TEN trades the 10th pick to NO for the 15th pick, 2013 3rd round pick and 2013 6th round pick and 2014 5th round pick.
    - CHI trades the 20th pick to SEA for the 26th pick, 2013 3rd round pick and 2013 7th round pick
    - DEN trades the 32nd pick to CIN for the 37th pick and a 2013 4th round pick.

Trade thoughts:
    - Cleveland doesn't love anyone in particular so they get picks....San Diego needs a franchise LT for years to come and knows Arizona will welcome a tackle so they make the jump.

- Carolina who has a coach on the hotseat and is close to being a team worthwhile sees a top talent(And need) in Star and would be willing to give up a future pick to get him. Star keeps slipping but knows the Titans who can use an interior lineman(On either side) won't let him fall further at 10.....Jets in need of getting some young bodies on the team will be more than happy to oblige and even get a 2014 3rd round pick as potential ammo if need be to get Bridgewater/Clowney/Manziel if they ever needed to do so.

- Titans who were salivating over possibly adding their much needed DT of the future make a quick call and get the Saints on hold. Saints already down a 2nd round pick via bountygate is cautious but knows Jarvis Jones is the guy that maybe can change their defense completely around and Loomis is an aggressive GM. Due to the Titans being blindsided, they miss out just a little but on getting full value which may entice the Saints to go and end Jones fall as Cleveland could chomp their bit on Jones.

- Seattle is in win now mode and Rice is not always healthy and Golden Tate's hit or miss. Baldwin's a nice player but nothing special....Braylon Edwards was a bit of a letdown so Seattle looks to go for the home run and get Russell Wilson a possible go to threat at WR. Minnesota scares Seattle to jump up and get their guy. Chicago doesn't fancy anything they see but do like local product Tyler Eifert and will roll the dice at 26 to get him.

- Cincy in need of a back in the baddest way gets the top back of draft in Bernard and only give up a 4th round pick to do so. Cincy won't take the chance that the Lions or even Jags(MJD is 29 and isn't happy) may feast upon Bernard who may benefit off of Doug Martin erupting who TB traded up at 31 just last year. Broncos in this mock win the SB so they get to add depth with a pick they aren't in much love with anyone available.

1) Chiefs- QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
    2) Jaguars- DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.
    3) Raiders- DE/OLB Demontre Moore, Texas A&M
    4) Eagles- CB Dee Millner, Alabama(Sticking by cornerback here though I know some still see OT as a dire need in round 1)
    5) Lions- OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
    6) Chargers(Via Browns)- OT Luke Jocekel, Texas A&M
    7) Cardinals- QB Mike Glennon, NC State
    8) Bills- LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
    9) Panthers(Via Jets)- DT Star Loutulelei, Utah
    10) Saints(Via Titans)- OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
    11) Browns(Via Chargers)- DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon(Chip Kelly eat your heart out...)
    12) Dolphins- OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
    13) Bucs- CB Johnathan Banks, Miss St.
    14) Jets(Via Panthers)- OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
    15) Titans(Saints)- S Eric Reid, LSU
    16) Rams- WR Keenan Allen, Cal.
    17) Steelers- DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
    18) Cowboys- S Kenny Vacarro, Texas
    19) Giants- DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
    20) Seahawks(Via Bears)- WR Terrance Williams, Baylor
    21) Bengals- S Matt Elam, Florida
    22) Rams(Via Redskins)- OL Barrett Jones, Alabama
    23) Vikings- WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
    24) Colts- DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
    25) Ravens- ILB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
    26) Bears(Via Seahawks)- TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
    27) Packers- OG Johnathan Cooper, North Carolina
    28) 49ers- DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.
    29) Texans- LB Kevin Minter, LSU
    30) Patriots- WR Justin Hunter, Tenn.
    31) Falcons- DE Alex Okafor, Texas(Jermichael Finlay will be a Falcon)
    32) Bengals(Via Broncos)- RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina

We get a fixture at guard for years to come, and we may very well have THREE 3rd rounders in 2014(NYJ's, CAR's and Laron Landry compensation which given his position, the year he had and money he'll get, should get a 3rd round pick) and get two mid round picks too.

Thoughts folks as a whole? Doesn't have to be the Jets but just everything in general.....do you love the Jets pick? Hate that we missed out on the likes of Star/Jones/Jordan to get the additional picks? Lets here it.

#1 BakerMaker, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

The thought of trading back and landing Warmack very much appeals to me

However if we traded back, and Warmack was off the board, as well as much of the elite talent (being its pick 14) then id feel like we got the short end of the stick

Especially looking at the names picked from 14 on its kinda like ehhh

3. Mangold Goldman

Do you really see Star sliding down to around our pick? I always assumed he was being discussed as a top 5 lock.

Also, if he was there when we picked, how would he fit into our scheme, and in your opinion would he be worth picking for us?

I don't keep up with college football or the draft process too much, so I'm not too sure. Thanks

4. BakerMaker

Star could land in Oakland but I think they may need a pass rusher, they have not replaced what Wimbley did for them. Don't know if any other team after Oakland can use him. Maybe Browns for fun just take BPA but they have Phil Taylor and Rubin already at those spots.

Star would probably be a 3-4 DE for us...not big enough to be a fulltime NT in a 3-4(he can add on the weight but I don't know if he'd carry that same type of explosiveness if say in a 4-3). We are loaded at DE anyhow.

#4 BakerMaker, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

if star fell to our pick, i don't see how you pass on him. dude is a bonafide stud

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Hands down star is my favorite guy in the first round....he reminds me of ngata

7. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

If I'm trading down in the first round I want better than those picks.

8. BakerMaker

CAR has no 3rd round pick....and their 2nd round pick would mean we'd probably have to add a 4th or 5th to equal it out. Hence why I think NYJ would take a future pick. MAYBE you can get a 2014 2nd round pick out of them if the Panthers love Star

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Think Star's upside is equal or greater than Suh ?

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Love the Warmack pick but if Star is there at 9 i wouldn't want to trade it if he is a superstar already and im not a huge supporter of Sione anymore also im praying that Moore falls to 9 and we get him

11. JackTheFootballGuru

JackTheFootballGuru New Member

The difference between the top ten this year and 11-15s is a pretty big gap. If we are gonna move back to fourteen I'd like a nicer haul than that.

12. BakerMaker

The thing is top 5 picks usually command a gigantic ransom more so than later picks.

Maybe Carolina gets desperate and gives us the farm....but then again its for a DT who may be a stud but its not a highly important position ala QB.

Fact of the matter is we HAVE TO trade down in this draft...we cannot walk away with just 7 drafted players. Not with the money problems we have and the lack of youth we have.

Rex may want Star if we get a chance at 9 but we just have such fire holes that if we truly stayed put there....we'd take Jones or Dion Jordan as OLB is arguably the biggest need on the team and both guys(Well if Jones gets over his health problem which drop him further) could be studs for us.

13. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I'd have to agree with other posters that I'm not sure I'd pass up Star, although I do understand your reasoning. (Also think we'd be able to acquire that future second from the Panthers instead of a third, they'll be desperate enough for Star)

Can't find many flaws on the draft pick of each team so excellent job on that.

I'd love to see who'd you go with for the rest of the Jets draft. Great job, Baker.

14. BakerMaker

I think Jets can do a 2nd trade down in round 2 and finish up by getting like 2 more picks out of this, giving us 11 players drafted in this class which is what we'd be looking at.

Probably just two trade downs would be ideal here by NYJ...can't go too crazy with it since its unrealistic.

I can probably make a 2nd round......might do other rounds as we further progress.

15. blackssmagic

Yes, without a doubt. He is so strong and for a guy his size can move. That why I wonder I Q can stand up or play olb with his hand in the dirt like suggs. If you put star, wilk, and ellis on that line and revis comes back Brady is going to be limping

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

If his upside is greater than Suh, why would people expect him to fall so much ?

i mean Suh has major behavioral problems and alleged less upside yet he went #2

Even someone like Fairley barely fell out of the top 10 and hes not in the same ballpark

17. blackssmagic

We see it every year so many teams in the top of the draft go for need instead of BPA. In all reality this kid is a beast, I watched him against USC and it seemed like every single play he was causing some sort of havoc. When talking about him a few months ago WW noticed how fast and violent his first step is. Is he going to slip to 9 no probably not but I would rather this kid than TeO' to be honest. Pouha can go and his money and between this kid and Ellis we are set on the line for years.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I like Star a lot but I would not be happy going D line 3 years in a row. I still think Ellis can be a real good NT. I suppose if Star came we could cut Pouha and would have a really young awesome D line.