Baker Mayfield's stock is rising

Discussion in 'Draft' started by dmw, Apr 24, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Your being dishonest just stating they had 3 loses without acknowledging who those lose were to and who Wyoming is. They lost to 3 traditionally strong programs all much stronger than Wyoming.no bowl games before Allen arrived either but I guess he didn’t elevate them to bowl eligible status? Take Allen off Wyoming and they are 1-2 win team.

2. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that he lost to stronger programs but it's how he lost to them, Hawaii is not a traditionally strong program, and Oregon is a traditionally bad power 5 defense. Iowa is the only goodish defense he faced and they too of course slaughtered him.

He didn't step his game up against competition and that is a major red flag

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Keep calm and stay the course Jet fans. Is it me or the media is blowing so much smoke, from so many insider sources, of some many flavors and varieties that something is bound to be deemed true, if only by default. So paying any attention at the BS between now and Thursday is only good if you want your blood pressure to implode.
    So far we have a rumor mill that rotates Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Barkley and Chubb at first, with a similar combination at second, add Rosen to the mix at third and away we go.
    If you step back and think a little more analytically at what a real smart GM will do, one would argue the Browns should stay the course and take what in their eyes is the best QB , and sit tight for either Barkley or Chubb at 4. If the Giants go QB with the second pick then Cleveland is in super fat city. If the Jets don't go QB, riots will start, and Cleveland and the Giants clearly know it and will leverage that.
    The Giants quite frankly don't give a rat's ass about what the Jets will do, they want to get a super star for their team, but they might also be vastly interested into trading down for a boat load of picks to someone in the 6-10 range if Cleveland is crazy enough to go Barkley with the first pick. They could add plug and play top talent at 3-4 positions of need.
    Mean time in Jet city we will pick the best from remainder of the first top three QB, and hope and pray we hit the Jackpot. Mac should just sit there quietly hoping the first two GMs go brain dead with their picks, and insure we don't go brain dead with ours.
    Cant wait.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dorsey is their new GM and he's no dummy. He drafted many, if not most of the better players on the Chiefs. The Browns absolutely need to draft a QB. Taylor is a stopgap, he isn't the answer. They signed Taylor to start while the rookie sits and learns and doesn't have to be rushed onto the field day 1. If they take Chubb or Barkley #1, they will be laughed out of the NFL and Dorsey's career will be over.

Noam likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Whether or not his team was just too overmatched for him to be able to work is debatable but I can accept this more than the “he doesn’t elevate his team” narrative.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This is a smokescreen at its finest. Trying to bait the Jets.... If Mayfield ends up a Jet we have major leaks in our front office. If he doesn’t well done Mac the smokemaster!

7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Like I've said before, I'm not an expert on this. Having said that, when I watched one of Allen's highlight videos, almost all the throws were tough throws. Usually highlight videos show long passes to wide open receivers and very few difficult passes.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He would be laughed out the building and his career would be over for selecting probably the best two players in the draft, what if he values his own opinion and he thinks that this years QB class actually has way to many flaws in them and they are just being highly sort after due to desperate teams in need of an FQB ?

It has to be said there can't be a standout QB out of the supposed top 4 as this site alone proves with the amount of people in differing camps.

I will say I am not looking for an argument about it as really I couldn't give two fucks for the Browns tbh