Baker Mayfields career

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Apr 26, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The question remains...
    Why do you keep dragging this back up?

Seriously why?

You do know why a lot of the stuff got said by lots of people, you became very irrational in your actual hatred of the player and this is what got most peoples back up at the time, which then elicited the comments after his rookie season.

I wanted the damned running back Barkley or not Rosen anyway dragging it back up every postseason is just a way to keep on opening up all the old bad blood, when 99% of the people have moved on from it all, the "look at me I was right all along" line is never a good look tbh and again will just get peoples back up

But if you are going to gloat it would be better if our own QB was the best out of the class of 5 and currently he is not, which is the main pisser for us as Jets fans

The fact of the matter for me is I couldn't give a fuck what Mayfield is currently doing, or Mahomes or any of the rest of them really, the only one that matters is Darnold and the sooner he moves up a notch or 5 the better it will be for us all as JETS fans.

So please give it a rest mate, let it die out and move on, surely there is better things to be arguing about than Baker fucking Mayfield :)

Have a great New Year.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I wish I could like this 1,000 times. Besides, our QB hasn't exactly lit up the league yet. The jury's out on all of them. Jackson looks like the best of the bunch now.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Kitchens and Dorsey wanted Mayfield and now they are both gone.

Will his attitude work with the next regime? Baker talks too much, Darnold has good leadership qualities and doesn't need to put people in awkward situations from Duke Johnson to OBJ

Makes sense for a Bills fan to like Bakers attitude given how y'all pregame before games

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mayfield could still end up being good but man, he’s lining up with Beckham & Landry, Chubb & Hunt.

If you can’t succeed with those weapons it’s extremely concerning

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think the Browns screwed up firing Dorsey. That was a talented team with a bad coach. Yes, he picked the coach, but he should have gotten a second chance to pick a better one. Now I'm not sure who's going to want any part of them. The analytics staff is still there, but based on their draft history, I don't think they're a particularly good analytics staff. Teams like the Ravens and Eagles have smarter analytics guys than the Browns do.

#545 HomeoftheJets, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Br4d likes this.
  6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Why are you getting defensive about Darnold? This is a Baker Mayfield thread. Was the bills line an attempted joke? Weird post, man.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Was driving through Cleveland today on my way to the in laws.

The local guys there think the analytics people were ignored by Dorsey and this was a move to get their voices heard more

they also said Paul De Podesta (the money ball guy they hired) was strongly against hiring Kitchens and has the ear of the owner. Dorsey ignored him and hired Kitchens

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Dorsey was gifted a incredible haul of picks & cap space by Sashi Brown.

The Browns should bring him back he really was a genius at stockpiling picks. All he needs to do is get the HC hire right and not have garbage at QB and he'd do a better than fine job.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Why you being sensitive? All I am doing is making a comparison.

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I dunno man comparing QBs from the same draft class has been going on since the beginning of time.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

who are the bad guys? the me guys on the browns?