Baker Mayfields career

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Apr 26, 2018.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

There is something about the current reincarnation of the Browns that turns formerly good football players, coaches and executives into bad ones.

LF911SC and GasedAndConfused like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

One of my buddies said that he thinks people lose about 50IQ points as soon as they walk into the browns building. After this draft, i think he is correct. maybe they have something in the air that kills brain cells

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that will be the excuse people will use, when realsitically he was going to be a bust on probably 29 out of 32 teams. maybe NO, Pitt, or NE could have made something of him

LF911SC likes this.
  4. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Comical that Jet fans who just days ago liked the thought of drafting Mayfield are now kneeling before Darnold. LOL

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Fun fact, Baker Mayfield was the only Big 12 player drafted player taken in the 1st round this year. The Big 12 has had only 12 players taken in the 1st since 2013, that's 13 fewer then the next closest major conference. 2013, coincidentally was the year Geno was drafted.

slimjasi, LF911SC, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That's not what you said before the draft. You hated Mayfield and were pretty high on Darnold. Of course that changed once we got him.

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Why do you think we wanted Baker? Because Darnold was gone to the Browns or Giants months ago?

Cleveland is just retarded and dysfunctional. He may end up like Tampa Bay Steve Young out there.

CotcheryFan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The Jets are beginning a dynasty while the Patriots dynasty is coming to an end. I can understand the tension.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Give it a fucking rest, you got what you wanted and yet you still can't shut up about the guy, I actually thought after the draft that would be it but no, you are still in all the threads saying bust bust bust, and just be happy he isn't in green and white.

There will be no excuses from me if he busts at the Browns, why ?

Because he is not a Jet and I couldn't give a fuck, in fact it will be better for my team that he is a bust as it will keep the Browns down in the shit for even longer, same for the Bills and the same for the Cardinals and the Giants who got my player but I won't be fawning over the loss of Barkley due to him now being at the Giants, he is no longer on my radar.

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I still can't believe the Browns. They could have come out of the draft with Sam Darnold AND Bradley Chubb and passed on both. Are the Browns THAT dumb or were some strings pulled behind the scenes? You have to wonder, these guys hand other teams franchise QBs on a yearly basis and repeat the cycle every year for a top pick.

I could be wrong, Mayfield really could be that guy, I really liked him before the draft, but that seemed crazy at #1 overall. I wish him well, just not against the Jets.

LF911SC likes this.
  11. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Sounds like you do give a fuck. More than one

GasedAndConfused and joe like this.
  12. LF911SC

Cant wait for Tyrod vs. McCown

TonyFtLaud and joe like this.
  13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I think Ian Rapaport tweeted his joke about this one too. I had to laugh pretty hard at that.

14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I have a distinct feeling that at least one of the rookies will be playing. We'll see.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Who knows if this is true or not but Cowherd (who I don't listen to) claims he has a very reliable and dependable source that was saying it was in fact a Darnold-Allen-Mayfield discussion going on until the very end in Cleveland. There was massive disagreement going on in the Browns player personnel dept and the reason they passed on Darnold was that turning around the Browns was apparently too big a job for him to handle. The Mayfield camp won out. Which would mean the Dorsey "I knew it was Baker for 6 weeks" stuff was BS

I believe Cowherd

If Dorsey knew for six weeks but didn't tell your damn head coach who it would be...just flat out bizarre incompetence. The coach has a right to know asap

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

No, he's just tired of people continuing to bash players despite the fact they have no longer anything to do with the Jets and frankly, so am I. Sounds like people are scared he will actually become a star on Cleveland and then will have to dine on crow.

#37 westiedog1, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  18. LF911SC

Read yesterday that Browns are saying Mayfield will sit all year and be red shirted.

slimjasi likes this.
  19. LF911SC

Actually sounds like there are some who still cant get over that their guy wasnt available. Why would anyone care about someone thinking Mayfield will go to the land of dying QBs and do the same if he wasnt their guy?

I could care less how he plays. I care only how Darnold plays, one has nothing to do with the other. They can both be FQBs. You made your point when you added that fans like us who liked Darnold over Mayfield would have to eat crow. Why? I think Darnold is so much better than the little guy and its obvious, more likely scenario is Browns fans will eat shit when Darnold, who was available to them, is the better QB.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

If by "some" you are referring to me, I posted many times that while I preferred Mayfield, I would be happy with any of the top 6 selected by the Jets. I am happy with the Darnold selection. Just don't understand why others still need to continue politicking after the election.

LF911SC and K'OB like this.