Bad O Line play - Poor Talent and poor scheme

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyFtLaud, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

He is embarrassing himself right now...should have stayed retired.
    He looks lost, slow and is getting thrown to the side like a fukin doll....

#khalilgohome

SOJAZ and stinkyB like this.
  2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

10 sacks
    Concussed QB

They look absolutely LOST!!
    I'm so done...lol

SOJAZ and Mogriffjr like this.
  3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

that is the focal point of why gase needs to go.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So are the Jets still using a zone blocking scheme? Or should I say zone UN-blocking scheme?

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

8 of the 10 sacks today were against a 4 man rush. This OL can't even pass off basic stunts and Luke Falk needs to get rid of the god damn football. I barely watched the game today, but when I did, I saw a QB holding onto the ball WAY too long. Double pumps, hesitating, etc. I'm not giving Gase a hall pass on this, but Luke Falk does not belong anywhere near an NFL field.

Douglas has his work cut out for him this offseason, if we end up in the top 5-6 picks we gotta take Andrew Thomas. Priority #1 all the way to #100 should be finding 5 OL that can actually play the game of football. Find OL and everything else works on offense, especially when you have a QB that can extend plays. 2 seconds becomes 4-5.

6. Rebuilding the OL must be done in spurts;Likely over 2 offseasons. 5 new lineme all at once incl numerous rookies will look just as bad as this regardless of talent level. Realistically we add 3 new starters. 1 in FA 2 in draft.

Andrew Thomas is a 1st round talent but after seeing UGA vs Texas i have serious reservations.The best way to rebuuld the line is to trade down.There are alot of good OL prospects that just need alittle seasoning.Ideally OT & C OR bookend OTs

7. NYJFOREVER

Definitely, Rome wasn't built in a day. There are plenty of OL and WR prospects in this draft, which just so happens to be two of our weaknesses. Douglas needs to hit a home run this offseason.

If we're picking just outside the top 5 I'd be all over trading down and stockpiling picks, but it takes two to tango.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Picking outside the top five?" How could that happen? And as long as people are already preplanning for the draft, let's allow the possibility that the QB may not become what almost everyone here has taken for granted. Hopefully, he gets enough time and support this season to put that question to rest.

9. NYJFOREVER

We play most of the teams ahead of us. Cincinnati, Miami 2x, Washington. This team is not as bad as we have seen, we were one healthy QB away from dropping 3 passing TDs on the Bills D

10. Ralebird

Whatever you're taking, I want some.

11. NYJFOREVER

What am I taking? Miami, Cincinnati, and Washington are actually steaming piles of trash.

Sam short armed two throws to Robby in week 1 that would've been touchdowns. Luke Falk doesn't belong anywhere near an NFL field and it showed today. You want some next gen stats? The Jets lead the league in open target % which is the number of times a WR has at least 3 yards of separation. They don't have the QB to hit them.

12. Ralebird

The New York Jets have been a steaming pile of trash. Now they're cooling off.

"Sam short armed..." Let the excuses continue.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If you guys are watching the Colts tonight you might get an incline, IMHO, of how to draft a proper OL to protect your QB. It is so painful to see how fucking clueless our previous GMs have been, absolute trash over the last 8-10 years.

#113 LAJet, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    chandler, NYJFOREVER and Royal Tee like this.
  14. NYJFOREVER

I was going to post this, the Colts absolutely dominated the LOS and that’s why they went into KC and won. The best defense is not letting the other teams offense get on the field, and the Colts did just that.

Build from the TRENCHES! I believe we finally have that GM

chandler and Royal Tee like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m 1000% on board with this. I have been preaching building the trenches forever. We did fuck nothing on the
    OL and made nothing but bad choices on the DL, letting go the unsung hero in Snack and keeping over drafted losers like Mo, Richardson and may be even Leo.

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll bite. I don't have any of this, I don't have the all 22 film and I'm sure as hell not rewatching the games. I don't see it but I'm not entirely discounting the possibility that it is accurate - it would give me a glimmer of hope if it is. Can you provide some evidence to back this up?

17. NYJFOREVER

I don’t watch film and I certainly don’t have the time to run the numbers, but this stat was either on ESPNs next gen stats or Pro Footballs Focus. I’m trying to find it but its lost somewhere in my Twitter feed.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I believe Jets as of right now is a full zone-block team.

As in, all 5 linemen are zoning - as in DAYDREAMING - while the defenders run past them all game long.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

There's only so much a QB can do with less than 1 second to throw.

If Sam comes back, he's going to have to do the Mahomes and run around outside the pocket until coverage breaks down.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you don't fire a coach 4 weeks into his tenure.