Avengers: Endgame discussion thread : MASSIVE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by SOXXX2, Apr 26, 2019.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I've watched most of them and enjoyed most of them. All the Thor movies, Captain Americas, Black Panther, Ant Mans, Dr. Strange, Iron Mans, the first two Avengers I think the only one I hadn't seen prior to watching this is Captain Marvel.

This movie was absolutely dreadful. Nearly quite literally with all the drama, little action that went on for most of the movie bored me to tears.

The furthering of the feminist agenda, of course they had to butch up Captain Marvel by giving her a busted dude cut, the killing off or emasculation of many of the strong male lead characters.

When they started talking about Captain America's @ss what was that? Show me Captain Marvel's or Scarlett Johanssen's @ss!! Then again that's to be expected from a chick flick if only I had known that's what I was going to watch I wouldn't have gone.

Since when did Ant Man become the brains behind that techology? When he started talking about the quantum stuff please. Stupid movie.

And the scene where he shrunk down and was walking on Stark's body it looked like he was going to walk to Stark's crotch disgusting.

Awful movie.

Thanos won. That's where it should've ended.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Okay I figured out who you are:
    [​IMG]
    Now I understand why you are so upset! Sorry things did not work out for you guys! :)

NYJFOREVER and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I dont disagree with this, Captain Marvels haircut screamed "HEY IM A FEMINIST", which we know Larson is in real life. I thought the Thor and Hulk thing was dumb, I didnt find either of them to be funny but thats just me.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I will say this, I personally believe they could have done a better ending, im not saying the ending was bad, but they could have had an even better one. From what I understand, (I never read the comics), but in the Comics I heard that Thanos does actually win, he kills them all, he then leaves his body to become the Universe, that is when Nebula, who doesn't die, takes the gauntlet off his body and undoes everything. I think this would have been the better route, because it would have cemented Thanos as the victor over the Avengers, also the shock factor of all the Avengers dying would have been unbelievable. When I watched the movie, I honestly thought they were going this route, especially with the good and evil Nebula thing going, and when Thanos said "we will find out" in regards to Nebula being on his side or not, I thought they were going to have the Evil Nebula survive and then take the gauntlet off.

Im sure they explored this but this would have likely meant they would have had to do three films, because I dont think it would make sense for Nebula to immediately undo everything.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Liked the movie. Wifey and I agreed that "Infinity War" was better. Marvel is going a bit overboard with the female empowerment thing too. They did setup the rest of the MCU for individual movies in the future as they showed all of them with their individual groups. How the Avengers replace their lost comrades will be interesting to watch.

6. The Dark Knight

Yeah, Infinity War and Endgame both had a forced female empowerment scene. They must not realize that them being superheroes is empowerment enough. Forcing it just comes off odd and unrealistic in a battle scenario.

I need to see Endgame again before I say which is better, but they obviously are companion pieces. You need both. Infinity War seems like it flowed better, but there are great moments in Endgame too. I remember Infinity War got better with repeat viewings, knowing what was coming and not freaking out while watching. Haha. We will see how that goes with Endgame.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

SPOILER: 16 Bucks at a neighborhood theater, no SuperScreen, no T-shirt.

8. The Dark Knight

Whatever it takes.

9. WarriorRB28

Toxic masculinity. They turned Thor into a fat slob at first I thought it was special effects by the end of the movie I wondered if he really did get that fat for the movie. LOL

At the end of the movie he turns over the keys to his kingdom to the spanish girl from Ragnarok.

They turned Hulk from a raging beast into a docile, philosophical pansy. They even had the spanish girl from Ragnarok say to him when she first saw him I liked you better before so did I!!! That quote and the Thanos quote near the end they knew exactly what they were doing and the absurdity, stupidity of this movie.

I guess I can go back and give it one star for the end but by that point I was like FINALLY IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!

Just a awful movie.

10. WarriorRB28

Thanos won.

I'll pretend this abomination didn't happen.

Btw great character.

11. Cman68

It was nice how they weaved all the prior movies together to craft the End Game storyline. They went easy on the CGI too as they only used it when they needed to instead of piling it on. Hope this is a trend as it puts the movie more on the actors and writers.

12. Cman68

What they did to Thor and the Hulk is a crime. I wonder now if there's gonna be anymore Hulk stand alone movies. I don't see how with this hybrid Hulk they can pull it off. Thor being reassigned to the GoTG is a nice twist but I hope they give him his balls back. I wonder if there's some contract issue with Zoe Zaldana as her role was really scaled back. Not enough Capt. Marvel who went toe to toe with Mighty Thanos and almost got smashed just like everybody else. Again, they set up the rest of the MCU's upcoming projects nicely by giving everyone a peek at the individual teams and their constituents. I'm gonna miss CA, BW and IM. They will be hard to replace. I just hope its a few years before the next Avenger movie. They have a lot of things to work on.

13. The Dark Knight

Hulk is going to have a spin-off movie where he does people's taxes and takes selfies with their kids.

Cidusii, 101GangGreen101 and Cman68 like this.
  14. Cman68

Criminal what they did to Hulk and Thor.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

When I read this post, it's clear you don't really know Professor Hulk or Thor's personality based off the previous movies.

The movie was a homage to the fans that were there from the start. Clearly you weren't one of those fans.

16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Exactly, I didn't see the humor in any of it, a lot of the theater was laughing, but to me it's like, End Game is supposed to be the most serious situation, meanwhile two of the strongest avengers became a clownshow when the fate of the world was on the line.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hulk somewhat yes. Thor no. He responded as any person would've after witnessing their planet get blown up, losing their father, brother, etc ... and then being inadvertently responsible for half of life being erased.

18. Cman68

I liked Infinity War better...

19. The Dark Knight

My problem with The Hulk is he got his ass kicked by Thanos in Infinity War. Then refused to come out the rest of the movie. I thought that was going to lead up to an epic moment in Endgame where The Incredible Hulk is finally unleashed and is so furious he beats the crap out of Thanos, or at least puts up a good fight. Instead, they went with Professor Hulk, which is fine, but a little disappointing.

Yeah, I think most people were fine with Thor doing that at the beginning, but it became stale half way through. He was so bad ass in Infinity War (clearly the best part), so this was an odd decision the entire way through Endgame. Thor is awesome to me, so seeing that was also a little disappointing. I think the fans who don't care as much about Thor were more fine with it. He still did a great job and was awesome in that 3 on 1 battle with Thanos.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Exactly this with Thor. I didn't like what they did to him at first since it just felt like they made him a joke but after thinking about it, it made sense. Lost his mother, lost his father, lost his brother, lost his home, lost most of his people, and then failed to save half the universe by 1) Not aiming for the head and 2) Bragging to Thanos about impaling him instead of just pushing his ax all the way through his chest.