Attention Denver Broncos Front Office

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bill Belichdouche, Oct 15, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You left out the 6 (almost straight) 4th quarter comeback wins as a starter when 90% of the analyst said he would never play QB in the NFL. And the division win when analyst said they would draft Andrew luck after 11 straight losses yadaa yadda yadda...

IMHO that had more to do with it.

The polarizing part is so many saying he sucks and then the other side serving crow when he wins. So analyst say all week no way, then everyone tunes in to see the crow.

its splits a fan base with people vehemently wanting to see him fail and others vehemently wanting him to have success.

if the haters would simply stop making absolute statements like "he will never be good" and just let it take its course like any other 2nd or 3rd year players feeling his way through the NFL, there would be no debate. Then the consensus would probably be "yeah he has done real good in certain situations and helped lead the Broncos turn around, but he has a lot to work on if he really wants to reach the next level and be a long time starter" but no we get "he is the worst and will never be a QB and will be in the CFL next year blah blah blah"

Its the T-haters in the media and in regular life that keep tebowmania alive.

#141 CowboysFan, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. JustLurking

JustLurking New Member

I disagree. I do not believe him playing, even at an elite level would silence his critics. I think it's naive to think most or even a large portion of his detractors dislike him so much, for what occurs on the field. As evidenced by the trolls who constantly bring up things not at all relating to football.
    Most of the Jets fans that dislike him seem to have loyalty to Sanchez. I understand that.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You left out the reasons they needed 6 straight 4th quarter comebacks and also said "The polarizing part is so many saying he sucks and then the other side serving crow when he wins" as if he did it in spite of the other 52 men. Which jibes with the first point well.

Did it ever occur to you that the reason a lot of people are annoyed with Tebowmania is because it's an obsession about one player in a very team-oriented game? That's the main premise of this subforum, and you guys prove it correct over and over again.

Maybe he puts it together and becomes a great QB some day. But no Jets fan wants to sit here waiting 8 years while he does it.

4. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Whats another 8 years when you have already been waiting for 42 years?

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

8 years of watching Tebow suck at throwing would feel like 42.

And there's no way that he would make it out of his third year in this market Amway, so it's a moot argument.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

everything has to be qualified when speaking of Tebow...hilarious

when he wins as a starter....... better?

I have only seen him throw 3 passes this year and they all should have been completions.

7. ahteist tebow fan

ahteist tebow fan New Member

Well, I read a lot of articles form bleacher report saying that the defense was the only cause for those victories. I didn't found any saying that Tebow was the only cause.

8. Slap

Slap New Member

Yeah, damn them hommasexshuls. How dare they want the same rights as real 'Mericans?

9. Slap

Slap New Member

Aw, the truth hurts.

I'm sure you shared Focus on the Family's support of the "Kill the Gays bill" in Uganda, too. Big fan of Rick Warren, huh? Supporter of conversion therapy?

Yeah, you're a real great person.

10. Slap

Slap New Member

Heard it with my own ears, from more than one Tebow fan. Including the one who wished injury on Manning and worse on Elway immediately after saying she loves Tebow because she's a Christian.

11. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Don't give me that BS. You have the same rights as any man. If you want to marry a woman you can do that. Just go have your fun with Phaytal, but don't force the rest of us to call that a marriage. Did Tebow turn you down when you asked him out? It that what all this is about?

12. Slap

Slap New Member

John Wayne's real name was Marion. Sure you're still comfortable with that avatar, bigot?

Edit: Just found this article. Friggin' hilarious.

http://voices.yahoo.com/was-john-wayne-gay-627804.html?cat=9

13. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

You responded just as I expected you would - with a personal attack. *Yawn*

14. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Hi Duke. No feeding the trolls please. They can't survive without a steady diet of venom.

15. bobaru

bobaru Banned

Wo. Wo. Wo. Come down off the totum pole Tanto. Weren't you arguing with the mods to dissolve this forum a few weeks ago?

Yeah, while i entirely agree with the team approach, that's not what you have with the Jet's or on this forum. And, that didn't start with Tebow's appearance on the Jets.

You wanna be annoyed about 'individuals' disrupting the team dynamic, you have many more fine examples on the Jets (that we've seen way too many 'me, me' interviews and comments from, much less.... infinite numbers of threads about those individuals) than to have to sit on the high-horse (like a good side-kick with a well-placed line) knocking Tebow and Tebow fans. Although i can't make heads or tails of half the nonsensical bullshit that you post, most often it's more creative and thoughtful than this parroted and worn out line.

16. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

As you can see with Slap, this is not really about Tebow. This is about promoting the gay agenda and bringing down Christianity or the morals held by some Christians. It drives him so much that he'll go to another teams message board to talk trash about Tebow and his fans. Focus on the Family is against the idea of calling a homosexual couple a "marriage." Focus on the Family does not believe homosexual couples should be adopting kids to start a family. Slap wants Tebow to fail because Tebow did a commercial with Focus on the Family. That is really the bottom line here.

#156 John Chisum, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  17. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

You're right that it's not really about Tebow, but I don't think Slap-Happy gives a crap about LGBTT issues or abortion rights either. He only cares about getting a rise out of us. That's his life-blood. Starve him of it.

18. Slap

Slap New Member

I have no intention of bringing down Christianity. I would be totally opposed to banning any religion. I just don't want these small minded hypocrites influencing public policy with their bronze age superstitions. The founding fathers were very explicit about separating church and state. The real question is why do John Chisum and JaxSuzy hate America so much?

19. phaytal

phaytal New Member

'Don't you go treadin' on my christian values by lettin' them gays have the same rights as every other 'Merican. And don't you go lettin' no woman abort no rape baby, 'cuz that there was god's plan all along! And fossils 'er fake!' - John Chisum

20. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

It's ironic that you two just happened to join the discussion today at the same time. And you two always go to bat for each other and talk about the same things?