At The Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Sep 15, 2008.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It was amatuer day at the meadowlands yesterday. Since when do the mets use our PA announcer when there are conflict games? That's the first game I can remmeber that we had a backup PA announcer and it sounded like a 15 year old kid they pulled from the parking lot. It was awful.

But worse than that was that lady they kept showing on the video board. First they show her interviewing Mark Ecko- era re minutes away from our home opener and they are interviewing Mark ecko about the flight crew uniforms! What a disgrace, I was so humiliated and embarrassed to be a Jet fan at that moment. No offense to our alternative lifestyle friends but I feel like we all lost a bit of heterosexuality at that moment. Then they have to keep showing that lady and her annoyingly squeaky voice w/ these lame trivia questions for little kids. On one had they interview mark ecko who is talking about how sexy the flight crew uni's are an on the other hand they are catering to kids? Mixed messages?

They actually have to pay that woman(I don't kow her name) so our increased tickets, parking, etc... is paying for nonsese like that. In the new Stadium when it's mostly corproate they can better get away w/ that stuff but now while we still have real football fans in the building can we please focus on football??!!!!!??????!!!!

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Was the crowd loud? Was the stadium filled for kickoff?

3. nyjunc

It wasn't filled for KO but it was filled alot more than it usually is. I would say instead of half full it was about 65-75% full. It was a decent crowd, the crowd was into it early and did a good job when we were on D but the O didn't give us alot to get excited about. Overall it wasa good crowd, it started out great but the teams failures dwindled the enthusiasm fairly quickly.

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

Best crowd I've seen in a long time. for a J!E!T!S! game. Not that many fights either....lot's of near fights though where I was.

5. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Real good crowd today. Best since the Raiders game in 06

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Crowd was good, I'd say it was almost full by kickoff, as much as I've ever seen it. Then again, I'm not usually there at kickoff. :grin: It was hotter than hell, too--the New England game is always like that lately, hot as balls and a certain loss every year.

7. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

i was there and felt the crowd did a pretty good job on D. to be honest i felt like we were all a bit deflated by the early feely missed FG, because it brings on the inevitable "here we go again" sentiments that we know so well, and just not what we needed to have in the back of our minds as NE took their first snaps. but overall, it was a good atmosphere i felt. would be interested in how it seemed on TV

8. Italian Seafood

The FG lulled it for a while, but if we score on 1st and goal from the 3 to go up 7-6 the energy would have been right back. You have a QB who hasn't started a game since high school, you'd like to get him behind, even by one point for at least one drive.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

zactly. The Coles catch and run brought everyone back into it. I thought he couldda scored. Couldda, shoulda, wouldda........

I didn't mind Jones first two times. I thought he'd get in on the second one.

10. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I believe the PA announcer was the same guy who does Rutgers home games. He did the same "and that is a Jets...." and the crowd is supposed to say "FIRST DOWN" but obviously they are not familiar with it.

11. nyjunc

He was awful, it sounded like a High School PA announcer.

12. sect105

sect105 New Member

That PA guy sucked. He did the Giants Jets preseason game as well.

Also Jenn Sturger should be canned. Not only is the content totally useless that she handles during the game, but she may be eye candy, but she should not be in broadcasting in any aspect. She does not even seem professional in the least.

About the crowd...The Lots were mobbed by noon. They Had to Open up the lots before 11:15 because traffic backup was terrible to wait to get in. They opened at 11.

The fans really wanted to get into it and were early, but the missed opportunities by us really soured our emotions.

The fewest Pats fans I ever saw at a game this year.

13. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

Woman? Damn either I am mad old, or you are real young. She was about 21...

14. erlovepuck

erlovepuck New Member

I consider this forum a place visited by passionate Jets fans so I am interested to get your opinions on something. Yesterday marked the start of my fifth season with season tickets but first in a new section. In the second quarter, the Pats had a 3rd and 8 and me and my friends were on our feet like we are on most 3rd downs be they on offense or defense. The people sitting behind us starting yelling at us to sit down reasoning that it was only the 2nd quarter and the play was on the other end of the field. We were far from the only people in the stadium standing for this play and I am getting sick of my fellow Jets fans having a problem with me trying to support the team. I would understand their anger if we were trying to stand the entire game or something but it was just on 3rd down plays. I am interested to get your opinions on this: Am I wrong?

15. mesheler

mesheler Member

The crowd sucked . . . very disappointing!

No Noise on defense. No cheers throughout.

It was complete BS!

16. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

It seemed real quiet on TV--I know it couldn't have been so I guess the audio just didn't pick up the excitement of the crowd.

17. Italian Seafood

I don't think you're wrong, if you want to stand up on 3rd down you should. If people don't want to that's their business but they shouldn't be telling you not to. There were a couple 3rd downs yesterday when I didn't stand up, short ones on the other end of the field that I knew the Pats were going to get, like 3rd and 2. Sometimes it's deflating to keep getting up and going crazy just to have them give up the 1st down.

I think because they had a new QB, the crowd was good at making noise throughout the game, not just on 3rd downs yesterday.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

You're just trying to start something here. The crowd was very loud and into it. The Jets had all the support they needed. It ain't our fault they sucked.

19. Italian Seafood

Beginning about three hours before the game did.

20. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

This was a pretty good crowd. One of the better ones in a few years IMO.