At #4 Who would you take

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Imagesrdecieving, Feb 19, 2006.

?

Young or Cutler with the #4

1. Young

43 vote(s)
    68.3%
  2. Cutler

20 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Front Office has decided that it is taking a QB. Vince Young has slid past the top three. It's your choice. Do you take Young or Cutler with the #4 pick. Choose between the two and give your reasoning. If you have an alternate plan - post on an alternate thread!

2. daking231

daking231 Member

Vince Young all the way.

3. I trade down a few spots and take the leftover of the 2. But if I had to choose between the both of them..I take Young b/c he's the more proven commodity.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Young...I respect the people that like Cutler but I just feel that Vince has "it"

He had the best qb rating last year in college, has a cannon, a proven winner in big games, freakish size/athletic ability, what more can you ask?

5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Neither (filler)

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If I can't trade down then you CAN'T pass up Vince Young. Cutler isn't even worth a top twenty pick and you can quote me on that.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Pennington all the way right?

8. MizzouJet

MizzouJet Well-Known Member

Vince Young was a great NCAA QB...he will NOT be a even a good NFL QB.

In the NFL the D players are just as fast, if not faster than Vince Young. His throwing mechanics are HORRIBLE, and he's not gonna beat anyone in the NFL with his arm or his brain.

He'd be a great WR in the NFL if someone would give him the proper advice to switch.

9. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Neither. I want Ferguson or the big DE.

10. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Young i want the hype and intensity that goes along with it as a longtime Jets fan i need something to keep the heart beating

11. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Young Easy

12. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Neither....

13. lightning

lightning Active Member

Good post, he's never played in a complicated system let alone a pro style system where the qb HAS to make pure snap reads, call out blocks, and use his check down guys. He also had a ton load of talent around him.

14. floridajet

floridajet Member

young, for 1 mil a year 0_o

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Definitely can't agree with you there. We just don't need a QB in round 1. We either trade/sign one from FA or just work with what we have (Jay can hold the fort for a season).
    But penny is done and won't be a jet much longer.

16. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Bingo, Young earned himself a top 5 pick with his play through out the season not Media and scout hype and comparisons pre-draft. before anyone startsbuying into these Farve comparisons and arm strength and intagible talks take a step back. Remember how Vince took over the Rose Bowl agaisnt USC.

17. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Er, in that case, it never makes sense to draft a QB out of college, after all, they all played in the NCAA. And again, if the D players being fast completely negates any and all running ability by Young, then it's going to be hard to explain how Steve Young, Ben Roethlisberger, Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham and Jake Plummer ever got any running yards in the NFL, because they are all slower than Vince. I've seen Tom Brady and a hell of a lot of other slow/non running QBs make plays with their legs in games when they needed to. If Vince can do it to the point that teams just HAVE to gameplan for it, it's just going to open up the passing game from the beginning of the game. That's precisely why the QBs I listed for the most part aren't known for their running, it's because the opposing defenses make the conscious choice to stop it. And then these guys just beat them in the air, and a lot of fans seem to just forget that they made huge plays on the ground to set up a lot of the big passing plays. The statue is actually the exception, not the norm. That's the reason why guys like Bledsoe, Vinny, Losman and Rob Johnson (old Bills QB, unless I got the name wrong, he was never very good) get so much criticism. It's because they can't run at all. Everyone plays against the same defenses, but it's just a fallacy to think Vince suddenly can't run on an NFL defense. If the defenses insist on staying in position to guard against the pass, it doesn't matter how good NFL defenses are athletically, Vince will kill those defenses on the ground. And you better believe that fact.

18. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I would rather go with Young if he was available, but I would be happy with either one really.

19. The U

The U Member

Easily Vince Young

20. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Why do you think Fiedler will be on the team next year, seriously? Messed up shoulder + high salary = cut.