At #4 the Jets are sitting in the catbird seat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jabba the Jet, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

The only way to trade our #4 is to Denver for their #15 & 22. Even I could live with three #1s

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

You were trying to make a connection between the Abraham trade and moving down from #4. There is no connection to be made.

And I wouldn't be calling someone a "pompous ass" if I were you. Especially after you tried to bash someone else's "theory" in your previous post. Infact, all of your posts are about bashing someone else's opinion if it differs from your own.

3. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

all you have ever done was get together with dinobot( the lord only knows how he got to be moderator) and bash my posts. so WHAT are you saying now?

My friggin point in trading down is that you dont go through a world of trouble to get the most you can in a situation just to make an about face and go BACK DOWN. There would be no theorectical correlation in the situation you put yourself in.

4. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

i wouldnt put it past you or dinobot to conspire to have me banned either. i know people like you in real life. the snakes that slither behind your back and bite you in some way shape or form. get a life pennington10 and leave me and my posts alone. thank you very much!

5. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

i wouldnt put it past you or dinobot to conspire to have me banned either. i know people like you in real life. the snakes that slither behind your back and bite you in some way shape or form. get a life pennington10 and leave me and my posts alone. id rather converse with other jet fans that are more intellectually gifted than yourself! thank you very much!

6. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Bash your posts? Please. I could care less about what you post on this board. I didn't even look at the username of the poster I was quoting.

And your point doesn't make much sense. The Jets would have been perfectly fine with the #31 pick, but Abraham didn't want to go to Seattle. It's not like they cared whether they got the #29 or #31, both would have been suitable to them. So, in essence, there wasn't any trouble for them, when talking about getting the #29 or #31. Trading down from #4 still gives you a high draft pick, but it also gives you an extra pick or two in round two and/or three to help rebuild your club. Basically, there is no correlation between the two situations.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? I haven't ever done anything to you, what is your problem?

Besides, the more you spam and call other people names, the more likely it is you will be banned. It has nothing to do with anyone's "agenda".

Don't flatter yourself. I could care less about your posting on this site.

8. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

you never stop do you? get this through your thick skull. i dont want you to reply to my posts. there are plenty of other posters with a variety of opinions to reply to. you have an opportunity to regard me as irrelevant in choosong not to reply to my posts. if you keep replying to my posts it signifies that you find my opinions relevant, hence forcing you respond despite your best efforts to cease.

9. Arizona Jet Fan

Arizona Jet Fan New Member

Tangini have logic.....so this means we will not draft a QB or a RB with the first 2-3 picks.....we do not have deep holes at those position......we need a ton of help on the o and d lines...........

10. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I love this post by Jabba which sums up my sentiment exactly about our very strong position in the draft. I personally would be very happy with any of the likely top 6 picks but I just don't see us cashing our top chip on a qb, it just doesn't make sense now that we have taken on Ramsey. I'm leaning towards Mario but think the saints will take him. Worst case scenario we pick the outstanding D'Brick, many peoples favourite choice anyway. Don't trade up or down- we are in a great spot.

11. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If you don't want to read what I have to say, put me on your ignore list. The fact that you're asking me not to reply to your posts is pathetic. If you don't like what people have to say about your posts, either ignore them or leave.

12. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

as much as i can't stand you, and as much as you bring down the quality of this site with your useless and utter meaningless and lame posts, I WILL NOT LEAVE. as i said before, im not afraid to put A DOPE in his or her place.

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If you continue to attack people out of the clear blue sky, and call them names, you may not have a choice but to leave.

14. WayneChrebet

WayneChrebet New Member

I aggree mostly with Jabba

15. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

This would be hot

But guys...understand we have to keep the rumors flying around til draft day to make other teams squirm and want our spot so badly that they would do anything...what if Leinart falls to us at 4 and Minnesota wants him so bad that they give us their 1st, 2nd and next years 1st or something desperate like that...just an example and purely speculation but to prove my point
    Keep up the smoke screen Tangini I know what you're up to!

This is a serious game of poker and chess combined.

16. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

the funny thing is, ive gotten into many a heated discussion with some of the veteran posters on here, but they were all football related. the one factor that separates those heated discussions and what dinobot and yourself lack, is intelligence(football). im not saying that to bash you, but after two years, its quite evident. your 5 and 6 word replies coupled with the lack of thought put into those 5 and 6 word replies, and the altogether lack of knowledge stands out to me. try working on your deficiencies and maybe we could have a better topic to discuss other than who is bashing who.

17. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I have given more than enough thorough posts on this forum. Just because I've explained my stance on a certain issue a number of times, and you did not see it, does not make your statement true. Tonight alone I have given a thorough stance on why Arrington wouldn't be a good fit in the Jets defense, why I didn't think Kendall would make a good center on this offensive line, differences between Fabini and Runyan, and multiple posts on a whole other sport in the BS forum. Just because you choose to ignore these doesn't mean they didn't happen.

#37 AMJets, Mar 24, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  18. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

J4L, why so hostile man ... chill ... 10P is a nice guy and I have never seen him attack anyone ... not taking sides, I'm sure you're a nice guy as well, I just think you need to chill out cause you're being especially harsh

Lifes too short, bro ... too short to argue over nonsense ... we're all on the same team here, all rooting for the same team, so even if you had some beefs in the past how bout burying the hatchet and letting bygones be bygones?

I don't mean to over step my bounds, J4L ... I mean no offense, and I'm sure you feel like the man has wronged you in the past ... Just trying to be a peacemaker

So how bout it guys ... same goes for you 10P ... how bout squashing this thing and trying to get along?

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I have no problem trying to get along with him. He just seems to dislike me for some reason, so whatever.

20. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

You hear that J4L, the man is willing to squash this thing ... he stepped up to the plate and offered to put this to bed ... now it's your turn, bro ... be a big man and do likewise :up:

#40 Jabba the Jet, Mar 24, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006